• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Hey I just realised that Game of Thrones isn't my biggest disappointment of 2019 anymore. So that's something... I guess...

Ando

Apr 21, 2018
In both my seat and my parents seat (ruralish places outside of the south-east) the lib-dems took votes from the Tory incumbent and Labour. Tory majority still huge in both places but there is some hope for them, especially considering the campaign was liquid shit.

ashdown (who people forget as they are so pro Kennedy) was very effective at building on areas where the lib dems were in second and turning them into FPTP seats, they need to focus on that now to build influence

From what I've read, Corbyn's "soft-brexit" instincts were spot-on and did well in 2017 because of it.

McDonnell was instrumental in converting Corbyn to a "people's vote". Which cost them.

Soft-brexit / NHS / Energy and Water re-nationalisation [state buying power, economies of scale for lower prices to end consumers] are the three things they should've focused on.

IMO

PS: what were they thinking forcing companies to give a percentage of shares to workers. Well run companies already do this.

yes imo corbyn's political instincts were spot on in insisting labour needed to be anti-austerity and more radical post the GFC and that they needed to be pro-leave after the referendum. he was just a terrible vehicle for these ideas personally.

How can people in this country riot? The state is just so efficient at prosecuting people and a criminal record ruins your life. Look at the London riots. Over a 1,000 people received criminal charges. And what did it achieve?

a French attitude to strikes and protest would probably help things but it's obviously not in the culture here

Atrophis

Oct 25, 2017
BBC received 12000 complaints about Marrs interview with Bojo. Most of them about it being biased against him...

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
He does though. Scotland took part in the EU referendum and they knew they'd have to abide by the result whatever it was (as that is how democracy works, the losers have to accept the result).

Regardless of when Scotland and becomes independent, they are coming out the EU first.

It's a good thing Nicola Sturgeon says above Boris has his mandate. We will leave the EU because of the Union.

But then we'll leave the Union 👈

It's time the Tories who beat the democracy drum also accept democracy and "once in a lifetime" is their dying cry to enact their own form of a dictatorship.

That was an absolute embarrassment.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
He does though. Scotland took part in the EU referendum and they knew they'd have to abide by the result whatever it was (as that is how democracy works, the losers have to accept the result).

Regardless of when Scotland and becomes independent, they are coming out the EU first.

1) "Scotland took part in the referendum" is a garbage point, Scotland had no option, we voted against having the referendum at all though so why should we give a shit about what the result was? Especially when the localised result of it in Scotland was so vastly different from England/Wales.
2) Yeah, we'll be coming out the EU first then going right back in.

Deleted member 21431

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No. Unfortunately the UK is going to fall further. It needs to fall further, as the people who have fucked the country (and I mean the voters) need to see the consequence of their actions.

Only then can the UK start to fix itself. Assuming there is a UK to fix.

I left the UK in 1999. With having family in the UK I am obviously there a lot (hell, I fly back in just over a week) and I have said to anyone who asks for at least the last decade that every time I go back it feels a bit more like a foreign country. It isn't the government, it is the people. The people have changed, slowly over time. It feels that those in the UK don't see it, as it has happened so slowly. Like the frog in the slowly heating water. But if you don't live there and come back regularly you see it.

The UK is a deeply racist, selfish, uncaring country. The vast majority of Brits are. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is.
52% of UK people want to remain in the EU (according to the last poll) and over 50% did not vote Tory, so I am confused as where the "vast majority" statement came from?

Deleted member 21431

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They were already speaking to Sturgeon since the Brexit result. The red line is obviously legal independence, but the support for us to escape the UK is throughout the EU.
Funny, the EU are not keen to support Catalonia's independence from Spain. In fact, they won't even condemn the Spanish government crackdown. Would be dangerous for them to encourage any independence movement in any country considering Europe is full of such movements (Belgium, Spain etc).

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
Funny, the EU are not keen to support Catalonia's independence from Spain. In fact, they won't even condemn the Spanish government crackdown. Would be dangerous for them to encourage any independence movement in any country considering Europe is full of such movements (Belgium, Spain etc).

The EU are not taking an official stance on supporting Scottish independence, they are being diplomatic and speaking to the leader of a COUNTRY, who wants to stay in the EU and has a vote of her people to prove it.

That's democracy, listening to a country/leader who has a vote/mandate to support their views and wishes to engage in a working or trade relationship despite of England/Wales deciding to leave.

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
They were already speaking to Sturgeon since the Brexit result. The red line is obviously legal independence, but the support for us to escape the UK is throughout the EU.
True but full EU membership will take several years. EU is not going fast track Scotland's ascension, so first stage of Scotland as an independent country is Norway style relationship.

But yeah sooner or later Scotland will become a full EU member, just not immediately after independence. SNP need to be very realistic about this

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Funny, the Spanish govt have said they have no problem with Scotland joining.

Concern troll elsewhere.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
True but full EU membership will take several years. EU is not going fast track Scotland's ascension, so first stage of Scotland as an independent country is Norway style relationship.

But yeah sooner or later Scotland will become a full EU member, just not immediately after independence. SNP need to be very realistic about this

"It might take a bit of time" versus "Potentially another 10 years of Tory Britain with whatever Brexit Boris wants"

Ok? It might take a few years then. It's still a better path for this country.

I don't expect preferential EU treatment for Sturgeon, but she is a damn competent speaker and will have been discussing things with the EU since the Brexit vote in 2016.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Flemish independence movement is dead in the water.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
But there is hope for them after all!

ELqvqtiWkAYYbj0
Hahahahahahaha

Miss Piggy

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I was on an elevator today with a group of middle aged middle class shoppers as the only ethnic minority and quietly seething that they probably all voted Tory (North and South districts).

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god, this dumbfuck point again 😂
Don't talk about things if you don't know anything about them.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
I was on an elevator today with a group of middle aged middle class shoppers as the only ethnic minority and quietly seething that they probably all voted Tory (North and South districts).

Seems normal. Minority in Canada like Conservative as well. There are lots of fake news (created by Conservative) created in their native language too.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019

*Laughs*

But really, welcome peeps. Enjoy munchy boxes and a lower life expectancy, but at least we don't have Katie Hopkins praising the SNP this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.