• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
People just blaming Corbyn don't see the real picture. Corbyn wasn't anything amazing but he is better than Boris. The right wing press smeared him to hell as he was way too left leaning for their liking. Add that too how bigoted the UK is it all lead to one thing.

Bigotry and hatred won tonight. People like me will be treated even worse in this country.
Yeah, that's really what I fear. A lot of suffering ahead for minorities and the poor. Even further decimated public services. Tory cruelty reigning supreme.

I really can't be bothered to talk about the future of the Labour party right now. This is a devastating result and is going to take a long time to come to terms with.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Looks like we don't have to worry about the Irish border any more!

... because now a Scottish one is probably more in the cards.

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a Conservative voter but I try and read a wide variety of sources for news to avoid this problem. I post and read here, on 4chan, The Telegraph, The Guardian, FT, The Times, and The Independent. I'm sure I'm in the minority on this site and that's fine by me, but engaging and reading a wide range of opinions, often times going out of my "comfort zone" has certainly helped my world view and opened my eyes to issues I may have glossed over before.

4chan isn't a legitimate source of news though. I'm not going to clown on you for being conservative, but don't act like that site belongs with the rest.

It's a cesspool

Ando

Apr 21, 2018
The thing is McDonnell saw this coming. He wanted Corbyn to go last year/early this year but he, Lansman and McCluskey couldn't agree on a successor and thought it too dangerous if they had 3 candidates from the left splitting the vote.

the entire strategy fell apart when they couldn't get the DUP to bring down the may government and force an early election (which was a really bad strategy)...since then it's just been run on "well what about 2017"

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
Are we reaching the stage of tone-policing others for calling objectively evil politicians cunts? lol.

Days ago "There's no Tories on Era"

Exit poll: 👀

RobotHaus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mars University
Generally curious as an outsider, would worsening conditions under a majority Conservative party lead to a more liberal backlash? Something similar to the Tick-Tock method?

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I'm surprised at this result especially if it's a [second] referendum on Brexit. That shit barely passed on the first go-round and seemed like after the fact a whole lot of people regretted voting leave. Seriously, WTF?

(But then I'm American and haven't been following moment-to-moment that closely. As regards the imminent loss of the NHS, though, you all have my deepest sympathies.)

Deleted member 5129

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a Conservative voter but I try and read a wide variety of sources for news to avoid this problem. I post and read here, on 4chan, The Telegraph, The Guardian, FT, The Times, and The Independent. I'm sure I'm in the minority on this site and that's fine by me, but engaging and reading a wide range of opinions, often times going out of my "comfort zone" has certainly helped my world view and opened my eyes to issues I may have glossed over before.

Thanks for supporting everything that's wrong in this world. Proud of you :)

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Stomach legit turning when I think of the coming fucking decade.
How exactly we supposed to celebrate the turning of it.....?

Was just reminded of this quote by Camus that I think is apt for such a horrible situation

We just cannot and must not give up or resign ourselves to hopelessness.

But for now, I'm just going to get drunk and think about that in the morning.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
People just blaming Corbyn don't see the real picture. Corbyn wasn't anything amazing but he is better than Boris. The right wing press smeared him to hell as he was way too left leaning for their liking. Add that too how bigoted the UK is it all lead to one thing.

Bigotry and hatred won tonight. People like me will be treated even worse in this country.
Yep, the country is full of cunts. This country is mean, destructive and heartless.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I voted Labour (best of the bad bunch) but yikes, this thread.

Insulting others and telling people to "fuck off" is just as pathetic as the process itself. Get a grip.
I don't think saying "fuck off" to a Tory troll coming to gloat is comparable to keeping tories in power.
You probably feel good about that civility argument, but there's no symmetry here.

And let's be honest: the reason Tories and Brexiters keep a low profile here is that they couldn't fully articulate their views without getting banned, so they just goad others with these victory laps.

Deleted member 12352

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We'll never be free of the fucking Tories.

Fuck every single one of them and the willfully ignorant, easily manipulated sheep that have put them in the position to fuck every single one of us over AGAIN!

Oct 28, 2017

That's why Labour needs someone bullish, Corbyn was too weak for the task unfortunately. This country needs a revolution.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how fast the NHS will crumble. Look at the Swedish welfare system, it's going down the drain with multiple layoffs at the biggest hospitals. Citing "we need to make things more efficient."

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Generally curious as an outsider, would worsening conditions under a majority Conservative party lead to a more liberal backlash? Something similar to the Tick-Tock method?

No. If anything, selling off the NHS, a terrible hard Brexit and many more deaths due to austerity would INCREASE the conservative lead.

empyrean2k

Oct 27, 2017
Just want to say that due to fptp it isn't an endorsement for brexit overall. Which is why tories wanted election not second referendum.

Deleted member 21431

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
the New Labour Remain Brexit position was forced onto Labour and crashed and burned in the leave heartlands.

the Corbyn position was tested in 2017 and gained seats, not lost them. it's clear the turning point when you look at the polls. Corbyn didn't help, but there's no question the move from soft Brexit to Remain was the point that things went wrong.

but y'all will never, ever admit that.
Last election Corbyn offered ambiguity, this one he said he'd not take a position on the biggest issue of the day. Not much difference.

Oct 26, 2017
I've lost count of the numbers of friends and family who are dead as a direct result of austerity. Friends and family who have been deported. Friends and family who are in extreme poverty or homeless. So yes these kind of elections are fucking personal and calling tories cunts is honestly fucking generous.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Not to depress you more, but if it is an 80+ majority, that pretty much guarantees Tory rule at least until 2029.

And by that time climate change will have grown exponentially worse and the inevitable migrant crisises will inspire far-right nationalism to an almost comical extent.

There is literally no fucking hope for the future any more and anyone who says there might be is either too old/comfortable to experience that future or lying to themselves. All we can do right now is just try and enjoy ourselves to the best of our ability before it all inevitably comes falling down.

Of course I won't even be able to do that so, fuck, I don't even know anymore.

PooWithEyes

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Nov 20, 2019
I hate to see that Corbyn will quit. He's what got me voting Labour again. I went elsewhere in 2015

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
England is hopeless if that exit poll is accurate, get away from that dumpster fire while you still can Scotland.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I wonder if the various wings of the Labour Party will start working together now, they need each other, there isn't going to be a Kinnock figure this time, the right of the party is going to have to put in some work.
The left will break into fighting without a unifying figure. We'll probably have an empty suit like Cooper.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Mortifying results. As an American, this is galvanizing to do everything I can to make sure 2020 doesn't result in a similar outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.