• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
It's my first experience with FE and I can say that it deserves all the sales. I look forward to completing the game and a future entry.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The retailer at the Gamestop told me that sales on Three Houses were looking pretty good (at his location) when I picked up my copy. Anecdotal, I know, but there might be something to that.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
<20k

Wolfenstein only had a 7% share on Switch.

Did much better than my haphazard guesswork led me to believe it'd do, which was around 15k. So it's between 25-30k with digital in all probability which is big compared to most RPGs released on the system so far.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Music is so goddamn good as well, I'm in love with this game right now.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
tumblr_inline_oikaqwBD4w1rn5tu3_540.jpg

Seriously though, I'm not even half way through ONE route, and it's so amazing how much content this game have. I'm looking forward to playing the other two houses too and getting to know the characters in them. I'm addicted.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
tumblr_inline_oikaqwBD4w1rn5tu3_540.jpg

Seriously though, I'm not even half way through ONE route, and it's so amazing how much content this game have. I'm looking forward to playing the other two houses too and getting to know the characters in them. I'm addicted.
True. The amount of content is INSANE, and it's good content. Not copy and paste crap like you'd find in kt musou games

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Seemed like the entirely of Austin TX was sold out on launch day. Waiting to find somewhere with stock.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
The power of Empress Edelgard is beyond mortal comprehension.

(Well deserved. I'm certainly loving it, and I'm glad the sales reflect how much effort was obviously put into this entry in the series.)

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Seemed like the entirely of Austin TX was sold out on launch day. Waiting to find somewhere with stock.
Wow
We laugh at people that preorder, but sometimes it helps. When I picked my copy up at best buy I could see at least six special editions reserved and a handful of regular editions. Didn't see it on the shelves, but I got there right at store opening.

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
Wonder how big of an opening weekend it will have. I wonder if Nintendo will give opening weekend numbers in a couple days. This may be something special.

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised, like a lot of other long running japanese series this gen (Monster Hunter, Dragong Quest, Yakuza, Persona, etc) the timing was right for people curious in the series to finally jump in.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how much this series blew up. God, it was a huge deal to get the GBA game this side of the pacific.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
That's a good opening though small relative to Nintendo's other big franchises. Hoping it has long legs as that will be the true test. Thinking it will sell really well in the US.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Wow wolfenstein BOMBED!!!!!

Fire emblem on the other hand just blew up, didn't it?
You realize the <20k is for fire emblem right? While I realize U.K. is not a strong market for Nintendo and this kind of game cannot be expected to sell big numbers, <20k does not warrant the "blew up" comment. I am sure the game is gonna do extremely well worldwide.

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019
The Switch is just a lot stornger than the 3DS in the UK, i still think 3 Houses will do better in other markets except from Japan but not by this much.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
While I realize U.K. is not a strong market for Nintendo and this kind of game cannot be expected to sell big numbers, <20k does not warrant the "blew up" comment. I am sure the game is gonna do extremely well worldwide.

It's around double that of previous entries and that's without digital which will be quite strong seeing as there have been stock issues.

Oct 25, 2017
Good. Significantly better than the Awakening and Birthright.

Everyone went Black Eagles and is thus sleeping on how amazing the units in Blue Lions are. Felix and Dimitri are beasts. Mercedes is a walking mage god.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You realize the <20k is for fire emblem right? While I realize U.K. is not a strong market for Nintendo and this kind of game cannot be expected to sell big numbers, <20k does not warrant the "blew up" comment. I am sure the game is gonna do extremely well worldwide.
You realize I'm talking about this, right?:

Double the boxed sales of Wolfenstein, thus Wolfenstein BOMBED!

And my comment about Fire Emblem blowing up is not limited to just the UK. This is just the start. We already had Benji commenting that sales look very strong in the US. Sales will of course we strong in Japan as well.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Wow
We laugh at people that preorder, but sometimes it helps. When I picked my copy up at best buy I could see at least six special editions reserved and a handful of regular editions. Didn't see it on the shelves, but I got there right at store opening.

I don't mind preordering if it's a game I know I'm going to get. Especially considering I do most of my orders online as that ensures launch day delivery and the places I preorder don't charge until it ships. Really no downside in most circumstances anymore from what I can see.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Happy for the franchise, but I hope this does not mean we will get more FE's like Three Houses; really dislike the direction they took.

But who am I kidding? That's exactly what it means.

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017

20.000 units is actually a very very strong launch in UK for Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Removing a lot of the anime nonsense and replacing it with stuff that mass audiences tend to like (Harry Potter house stuff, GoT-style dark fantasy worlds, etc) were two really good decisions and it's clear they're paying off. I bought the game Day One (yet to play it, mind you ) for those reasons even though I haven't touched a Fire Emblem game since briefly trying out Awakening back in the day.

This is exactly the direction the series needed to go in, I'm so glad they took a risk and didn't just double down on the anime stuff even more. Awakening and Fates were brought down because they leaned too much in that direction. Three Houses shines because of the lore, world building, and mature story. I hope they build off of that for future games.

So glad the game is a critical, commercial, and fan success.

Chairman Yang

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice
Happy for the franchise, but I hope this does not mean we will get more FE's like Three Houses; really dislike the direction they took.

But who am I kidding? That's exactly what it means.
I think they gave the old-school style of FE quite a few chances, right? Even Echoes, despite being well-regarded, didn't do well. Honestly, I generally hate when developers do this sort of thing, but in Fire Emblem's case I can totally understand.

P-Tux7

Mar 11, 2019
I can't believe how everyone is ignoring how this game shafted same-sex romance. Are ya'll just going to ignore that?

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe how everyone is ignoring how this game shafted same-sex romance. Are ya'll just going to ignore that?
I hate to be that person, but what exactly do you want people to do about it? We can complain about it, but that's about it. It's a genuinely good game, and that won't stop people from buying it.