• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

killuglypop

Jan 9, 2020
Wales/England border here, not a peep of sun all day, just thick soupy cloud. Awaiting the inevitable thunder storms

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surviving.

See, in normal times my shitty 1970s office with zero a/c and windows we can't open would routinely hit 32 degrees at my desk with my work PC blasting out heat (rendering stuff) all day just by my right leg - all while wearing a shirt, trousers, socks, shoes etc etc, traditional work attire.

Working from home, yes my PC is still blasting out heat and I have no a/c etc but at home I can open the windows and get some cross breeze going, I can work in shorts and nothing else, I can have copious iced drinks whenever I like, and ice lollies and if I like I can just pull the blind down and work in the shade.

Working from home is brill.

offshore

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Is no-one else seeing this lightning? lol.

It has been non-stop lightning in the Midlands for about 30 minutes. I've never seen anything like it.

Opposable

Oct 25, 2017
I learnt from my previous mistakes and invested in a huge fan from Amazon in April. They go out of stock for weeks during the height of the summer or increase the price of them x3

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting annoyed at this weather now - not that I particularly enjoyed it anyway.

Today feels so humid and it's still early on!

And I know these things tend to just pop up so can be hard to predict, but it's particularly galling looking at weather forecasts which predict lots of thunderstorms but then it just gets pushed back again and again before disappearing.

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting annoyed at this weather now - not that I particularly enjoyed it anyway.

Today feels so humid and it's still early on!

And I know these things tend to just pop up so can be hard to predict, but it's particularly galling looking at weather forecasts which predict lots of thunderstorms but then it just gets pushed back again and again before disappearing.

Yeah, I'm clinging to Thursday being below 30 for now.

Whether we happen to get any storms or not, doesn't look like there's going to be a dramatic break in the heat.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I *am* buying aircon. No ifs or buts. I've saved enough from wfh since COVID to probably just about pay for it. I say this every year for the last 5-7 years bu this is just stupid now. Not fun lying on top of the bed relying on a fan blowing across your sweaty body to provide enough relief for you to eventually fall unconcious from exhaustion

potential mitigations
- I have solar panels so during hot days it shouldn't cost much/anything to run
- can be used in colder days as a heater? woudl only be in a couple of rooms but might be enough to allow me to not put the full central heating on for an extra few weeks when it gets colder..

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
someone tell me 'air coolers' are shit. I know they're swamp coolers, raise humidity etc etc. But right now with current conditions if they make me feel cooler I don't care

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I'm not a fan of the heat. It's been 30c + in south west England the past few days. It's killing me. Much prefer the cold weather.

Minky

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
tenor.gif

Lewpy

Oct 28, 2017
I'm in hospital right now awaiting a procedure. Been here a week now with no air con, just a lame fan blowing hot humid air into my face. I've slept on the top of the bed every day, it's too much.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I am not okay.

Sweltering in my badly ventilated home office, and have been voice conferencing almost nude for basically a week.

It also chucked it down last night which made sleeping nigh on untenable.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... I'm going to buy some kind of AC for the next decade. Done with this shit.

Edit: on the continent though, so we *should* be getting some relief soon. Perhaps today even.

RedShift

Oct 27, 2017
I've managed to coax a small breeze through my flat by opening windows wide on either side and it's giving me some reprieve.

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
Had some house shaking lightning strikes where I live 24 hours ago, followed by a heavy downpour. Had temporary relief but not the shift I was hoping for. Looking forward to a more permanent change later on this week.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Still waiting for those fabled thunder showers lasting 4 days according to the BBC website last week.
I expect they will turn out to be a 5 minute downpour at 3am.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
In Hertfordshire it's been 33+ for the last 4 days and I feel like I've just about had enough. It's too late to order aircon but its still too early to know this is going to end. This is literally the worst. My flat has been around 29c this whole time and nothing I can do makes it cooler.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's brutal today in Dorset. So hot.

Still prefer being at home to the office, as I can never quite get to the right temperature. At least at home I can try.

MC-MC

Dec 15, 2017
Please tell me this is it after the next couple of days? I can't deal with this anymore.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
I spent two years in SE Asia this is comfortable for me.... more humidity more heat!

muahhahaha

FaffEra

Chicken Chaser
Nov 8, 2017
UK
Humidity is not an issue since I have 2 dehumidifiers in the house (poor insulation so they get rid of damp anyway).
Heat I can't do anything about though. Getting single room aircon (minisplit) is not worth it and having a proper system installed is super expensive. Plus it's England lol couple of months at most doesn't justify it.