• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lathentar

Oct 27, 2017
Today saw the lowest daily cases added all month @ 681

www.worldometers.info

Texas COVID - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer

Texas COVID-19 Coronavirus update by county with statistics and graphs: total and new cases, deaths per day, current active cases, recoveries, historical data, trends, projections, and timeline.
Seems like reports are always lowest on the weekend. No surprised it's especially low on a holiday weekend. Curious to see what the increase is on Tuesday.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I wonder what % of the population of Australia lives within 100 miles of their coast. Probably like 99%. I think all the major cities are near the coast in Australia. The outback is massive and mostly uninhabited
Not quite that concentrated BUT

Canberra is the biggest non-coastal city, but even then it's only 100km inland and has a population of less than 500,000.

Next down the population list from there you're looking at Toomwoomba (130km inland, 140,000), Ballarat (90km, 100,000) and Bendigo (130km, 100,000).

Then finally at #19 with 90,000 people you have Albury and Wodonga which meet the criteria at 220km inland (140 miles). That's still 0.4% of population by itself so its probably still single digits.

On the other hand the 5 mainland state capitals share 64% of the population and Sydney and Melbourne by themselves are 41%.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
People got bored and nobody they know is sick so obviously it's not that big a deal, POOL PARTY!

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Good news is today we saw the lowest number of cases and lowest number of deaths since 4/20

www.worldometers.info

Texas COVID-19 Coronavirus update by county with statistics and graphs: total and new cases, deaths per day, current active cases, recoveries, historical data, trends, projections, and timeline.

We wont know the ramifications of the Memorial Day Weekend beach parties for a couple of weeks.

Lathentar

Oct 27, 2017
Good news is today we saw the lowest number of cases and lowest number of deaths since 4/20

www.worldometers.info

We wont know the ramifications of the Memorial Day Weekend beach parties for a couple of weeks.
We should get a pretty good idea of how many people didn't go see a doctor during the long weekend tomorrow or Wednesday. Also, it seems like quite a few counties didn't report any numbers today.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
But not the highest RoC we've had taking increased testing into account. I'm interested to see where we are in a weeks or so. Was pleased that an overwhelming majority of people at the HEB in Cedar Park were wearing masks today.

I will say this, tree mold being stupid right now sucks ass.

Well our testing is comingling actual tests with antibody tests. So tracking the RoC is pointless.

Also, did anyone see the video from R3 on Friday night? It was insane. Like 2-3k people

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Not sure if it's worth making a new thread, so figured this was the right place to share:

www.usatoday.com

Texas GOP says it would welcome Republican National Convention if NC falters

“Nobody wants Trump in Texas. We recommend he host the RNC at one of his golf clubs," said a Texas Democratic Party spokesperson.
Texas is probably down the list of potential replacements for the RNC. conventions are almost always in a swing state. That's why the DNC will be in Wisconsin.

Oct 31, 2017
I don't know if it was shared in here, but I was just third-party subjected to listening to some video of a MD in Dallas(?) speaking to a crowd of people talking in praise of Hydroxychloroquine and to not be afraid of the virus. Talking about how she knew it was good because of dear leader, so she "treated" people with the drug. Just sounded like full-on cult insanity and was wondering if anyone in here had seen/heard this. I'd go looking for it and linking it, but I don't want to platform the insanity as I think it's floating around the cult circles.

Hearing the doctor claim the President knew best, and that the experts surrounding him were simply bureaucrats was uh, disgusting.

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I don't know if it was shared in here, but I was just third-party subjected to listening to some video of a MD in Dallas(?) speaking to a crowd of people talking in praise of Hydroxychloroquine and to not be afraid of the virus. Talking about how she knew it was good because of dear leader, so she "treated" people with the drug. Just sounded like full-on cult insanity and was wondering if anyone in here had seen/heard this. I'd go looking for it and linking it, but I don't want to platform the insanity as I think it's floating around the cult circles.

Hearing the doctor claim the President knew best, and that the experts surrounding him were simply bureaucrats was uh, disgusting.
Goes against her hypocratic oath and she should have her license revoked IMO

Oct 31, 2017
Goes against her hypocratic oath and she should have her license revoked IMO
That was my immediate thought too. It was fucking disgusting to hear, and to hear people applaud in the crowd. Just ugh.

Pretty sure this is the video, but I'm going to hide it so it's not given a free reign platform on here. Just fucking trash, and people are eating it up. And what's fucked is, this is a "professional". How does the country combat this when people like her are out here doing things like this?

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:
May 26, 2018
Based on the crowds I'm seeing, it definitely seems like Americans have chosen to accept the risks of socializing. Unfortunately if/when they get sick it's the medical staff that will take on their burden

And then there will be protests at hospitals due to the overwhelming use of triage, when not long ago the same people were saying it was a hoax and the hospitals were actually empty.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'm avoiding Buccees like plague despite it being my favorite place on Earth. The place is always packed. Narrow place with a lot of people is probably the last place i want to be now.
There are hand sanitizer stations all across the store, and each check out kiosk has a plexiglass barrier between you and the cashier. Obviously still not perfectly safe but they are taking measures to be safer

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
There are hand sanitizer stations all across the store, and each check out kiosk has a plexiglass barrier between you and the cashier. Obviously still not perfectly safe but they are taking measures to be safer
The problem is that the main mode of transmission is through aerosol droplets. The only effective way of dealing with that is for the infected to wear a mask and social distancing.

Oct 25, 2017
Saw a big spike in the Worldometer on our daily cases today, guess that Memorial day slowdown was really just folks not going to the doctor

Lathentar

Oct 27, 2017
Either sick peoples not going to the doctor or it spread to a bunch of new people over the weekend. Not sure which is worse.

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017
Saw a big spike in the Worldometer on our daily cases today, guess that Memorial day slowdown was really just folks not going to the doctor
Not sure if it's the same in Texas as my state but I've noticed some counties only report like once or twice a week so you get very uneven data.

Just glancing at Texas' data there's been a big spike about every 7 days for the last 3 weeks.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it's the same in Texas as my state but I've noticed some counties only report like once or twice a week so you get very uneven data.

Just glancing at Texas' data there's been a big spike about every 7 days for the last 3 weeks.
There's usually a spike to make up for the weekend.

Even taking that into account, numbers are up in Austin

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
3rd highest day ever of added covid cases today, but death count today was rather low. Maybe the redemsivir is starting to work on several patients and lowering the mortality rate?

Superman00

Jan 9, 2018
3rd highest day ever of added covid cases today, but death count today was rather low. Maybe the redemsivir is starting to work on several patients and lowering the mortality rate?

I'm not one for conspiracy theory, but Texas is on the bottom of the list when attributing deaths to COVID-19. Only 517 deaths are attributed to COVID-19 out of 5995 flu/pneumonia deaths. That's only 8.6%. When they have over 4000 excess flu/pneumonia deaths.

Texas:
2018 Flu/Pnuemonia deaths: 3516
2018 Feb-May Flu/Pneumonia deaths: 1229
2020 Feb-May Flu/Pneumonia deaths: 5307

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not one for conspiracy theory, but Texas is on the bottom of the list when attributing deaths to COVID-19. Only 517 deaths are attributed to COVID-19 out of 5995 flu/pneumonia deaths. That's only 8.6%. When they have over 4000 excess flu/pneumonia deaths.

Texas:

who even tests for covid19 if the patient is dead, also it is not yet flu season :(

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017

Texas:
Early on when tests were limited is somewhat explainable but I'd really be cuious about numbers for the last 2-4 weeks and if Covid19 positive fatalities with pneumonia only have pneumonia as the cause of death

Superman00

Jan 9, 2018
Early on when tests were limited is somewhat explainable but I'd really be cuious about numbers for the last 2-4 weeks and if Covid19 positive fatalities with pneumonia only have pneumonia as the cause of death

I posted the number yesterday, and compare to now. So yeah a lot of them still going to Pneumonia.....

Texas:
2020 Feb-May Flu/Pneumonia deaths: 5046
COVID-19 Pneumonia: 465

COVID-19 Pneumonia: 517

Superman00

Jan 9, 2018
Yeah but the column next to that is pneumonia and covid-19 deaths also rises significantly. Looks like there is an unexplained gap of a three thousand or so for late March and April.

That's the point I'm making, the pneumonia deaths are following closely with the rise in Covid-19 when March/April are the months in which flu/pneumonia drops. So an excess of about 4000 deaths are attributed to just pneumonia when it should be dropping in the last 3 months.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
Any excess deaths of pneumonia against the average should just be considered probable coronavirus. But I'm sure it has to be individually noted on death certificates so what the hell do I know.

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Any excess deaths of pneumonia against the average should just be considered probable coronavirus. But I'm sure it has to be individually noted on death certificates so what the hell do I know.

i think they removed the term probable covid19 status to the death certificates just a month ago or so

Superman00

Jan 9, 2018

Yeah but that would mean they can't downplay how bad it really is and they can't hit their metrics for opening up again.

The numbers are there, it doesn't take a genius to see it when it's 4-5x times the normal deaths for the same time period the last 20 years. For NYC it's like 10-11x the normal deaths.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
how about the hospitalization rate
Stable as of the past few days, hovering at around 1,700. You can check here.
apps.texastribune.org

How coronavirus impacted Texas: Hospitalizations, vaccinations, cases and deaths

From April 2020 to August 2022, the Texas Tribune used data from the Texas Department of State Health Services to track coronavirus hospitalizations, vaccinations, cases and deaths. We stopped updating these numbers in August 2022.