• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Another high day just reported at 1,411, about the same as the early April peak. The 7-day average of new cases is almost 1,300 per day, up from about 900 at the start of May.

Actually I'm seeing 979 cases today based on the graph here ( May 20th)
Where are you seeing 1411?
www.worldometers.info

Texas COVID - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer

Texas COVID-19 Coronavirus update by county with statistics and graphs: total and new cases, deaths per day, current active cases, recoveries, historical data, trends, projections, and timeline.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Actually I'm seeing 979 cases today based on the graph here ( May 20th)
Where are you seeing 1411?
www.worldometers.info

Texas COVID - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer

Texas COVID-19 Coronavirus update by county with statistics and graphs: total and new cases, deaths per day, current active cases, recoveries, historical data, trends, projections, and timeline.
This tracker takes snapshots from the dashboard.

covidtracking.com

Texas

Cases, testing, hospitalization, outcomes, long-term-care, and race and ethnicity data for Texas, plus data sources, notes, and grade.

ArcGIS Dashboards

ArcGIS Dashboards

Oct 25, 2017
Our 9 yr olds youth soccer wants to resume in June. While it would be nice for him to exercise in a team sport, it just seems so unnecessarily risky. It helps that he doesn't care.

Lathentar

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious how long Texas has been combining these two numbers. https://apple.news/ABXeJAN6AQdSEbVHz7-B4xg

I got an antibody test yesterday at a total men's clinic. They informed me they've been doing 20-30 tests a day for around a month and had only 4 total positives. If that testing was combined with symptomatic covid19 testing it would drive the positivity rate way lower.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
How bad would things have to get for certain states to reinstitute lockdown do you think? If you saw a massive increase in infections or death? I can't see it ever happening.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
How bad would things have to get for certain states to reinstitute lockdown do you think? If you saw a massive increase in infections or death? I can't see it ever happening.
I don't see return to lockdown happening in the US, unless hospitals in some area get to previous NY/Italy levels and even then the lockdown would be very localized. I could see a State maybe going from Phase 2 or 3 and dropping back a level, but not to lockdown. That's been my assumption for months, and nothing about how the US is acting has changed that opinion, in fact it's looking more likely to be the case imo.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
Would probably take hospitals being so overcrowded that most can't get treatment. The bad press would be overwhelming.
I don't see return to lockdown happening in the US, unless hospitals in some area get to previous NY/Italy levels and even then the lockdown would be very localized. I could see a State maybe going from Phase 2 or 3 and dropping back a level, but not to lockdown. That's been my assumption for months, and nothing about how the US is acting has changed that opinion, in fact it's looking more likely to be the case imo.

What about shops and services? This is a wholly selfish question as I am coming out there in the autumn and am obviously weighing up options.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

States like Texas, I think would take hospitals filling up so much that the pile of dead can't be ignored. I think they're going to find ways to really start under-reporting cases so the numbers never look like they are sky rocketing. It'll take the dead that can't be ignored to mess up that plan.

For more reactive places like Illinois, it's pretty easy for me to imagine us shutting back down come flu season.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Our 9 yr olds youth soccer wants to resume in June. While it would be nice for him to exercise in a team sport, it just seems so unnecessarily risky. It helps that he doesn't care.
They send my wife an email to resume coaching girls kid softball. There was a 4 page social distancing guideline. I said some/most people would never take the recommendation seriously.
It be almost impossible to enforce.
She feels bad letting the team down, but can't take the risk of somone getting sick. Luckily the co-coach feels the same.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
What about shops and services? This is a wholly selfish question as I am coming out there in the autumn and am obviously weighing up options.
I was talking in general terms about a State dropping back a level if needed, which might mean e.g. gyms get closed down again. For TX specifically, I think it's very very unlikely the entire State will drop a level. Which means more risk on the ground. Why plan for unnecessary travel pre-vaccine?

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
are the number of tests a combination of rt PCR and antibody tests too?

Oct 27, 2017
We're not getting locked down again by the state, it might be that people just don't go out. At least the ones being safe. The unsafe, mask adverse, risk takers will and they will make it all worse.

Oct 27, 2017
I asked our Emergency Management chief what performance indicators they were using to decide whether our opening plan was the smart thing to do, he basically filibustered for five minutes, tried to stroke me off by telling me he didn't have a grasp of the medical statistics--like I did (I don't, I can read the daily numbers)--and then said that management would take all the necessary precautions to ensure our safety.

It's all bullshit here in Floriduh and the firing of the dashboard data manager--and her smearing by the governor on live TV--is a warning that people with morals will not be protected and will be attacked if they contradict the official narrative.

Please, FGS people, don't come to Floriduh. You're putting me and my family at risk so you can sun yourselves on the beaches. It ain't worth it.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
Wait, you're planing to take a vacation to the US this fall?

I booked the flights last year. Cancelling is of course an option, but then again I feel like I've been risking my health throughout the pandemic as I've been working as normal, so why not for something actually enjoyable. You guys might be right though. Thanks for the help.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We're not getting locked down again by the state, it might be that people just don't go out. At least the ones being safe. The unsafe, mask adverse, risk takers will and they will make it all worse.

If shit gets real bad again, at least some blue states will close again. Red states...

I booked the flights last year. Cancelling is of course an option, but then again I feel like I've been risking my health throughout the pandemic as I've been working as normal, so why not for something actually enjoyable. You guys might be right though. Thanks for the help.

Current numbers according to a quick google search is that there have been 328,000 deaths worldwide from covid19. US leads it at 93,806.

pOKxa2g.png

No way would I be traveling to the place with literally the most death.

And they're getting called out on it now. They mentioned they'll be separating the numbers going forward.

If there's one thing I trust republicans to do, it's to stop being shady corrupt fucks when called out for it.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

I would have to be a mix of hospitals over flowing and an individual state having like 3k+ positive tests a day and 500+ deaths a day with the numbers trending upward. This is hard to know for sure with places attempting to under report numbers to fit a narrative, but if it go bad enough states would quickly revise up and enter a panic mode.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
If shit gets real bad again, at least some blue states will close again. Red states...

Current numbers according to a quick google search is that there have been 328,000 deaths worldwide from covid19. US leads it at 93,806.

pOKxa2g.png

If there's one thing I trust republicans to do, it's to stop being shady corrupt fucks when called out for it.

The new cases figure for Brazil looks so bad. They're still at the very beginning.

Lathentar

Oct 27, 2017

pOKxa2g.png

Yeah it's not good. Lots of countries over 30 deaths per 100k, with others sure to follow soon.

You just gotta keep pressure on having as accurate numbers as possible. If you don't trust the numbers in any way you can't reliably say anything.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The Green Day/Fallout Boy/Weezer concert in Dallas got postponed, which is good.

The MCR concert and FF7R orchestra concert, both in Dallas and to which I have tickets, still haven't, though. :/

Oct 25, 2017
They send my wife an email to resume coaching girls kid softball. There was a 4 page social distancing guideline. I said some/most people would never take the recommendation seriously.
It be almost impossible to enforce.
She feels bad letting the team down, but can't take the risk of somone getting sick. Luckily the co-coach feels the same.

Yeah I feel bad for the coaches and the league. I coached in the fall for my daughter, glad I wasn't in involved and have to deal with these decisions.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

pOKxa2g.png

Wow Brazil.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
It's all been solved.

Gov. Greg Abbott lifted air travel restrictions into Texas for those coming from states and major cities that have been considered COVID-19 hot spots. The change will take effect immediately, Abbott announced Thursday.

The governor implemented air travel restrictions as part of his executive orders in late March. Travelers who came from specified states and some major cities had to undergo a mandatory 14-day self-quarantine.

The governor implemented the same restriction for drivers coming from Louisiana, but that restriction was previously lifted.

The air travel restrictions applied to visitors from the states of California, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey and Washington. Travelers from Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit and Miami had the same restrictions, according to the release.

The announcement is the latest eased restriction in a series of statewide reopenings. Abbott let Texas' stay-at-home order expire at the end of April. He's since reopened businesses like restaurants, malls and hair salons with some restrictions and occupancy limits.

On Monday, the governor announced that child care facilities could reopen immediately, bars can open Friday with limited occupancy and sporting events can return without fans at the end of the month.

www.texastribune.org

Gov. Greg Abbott lifts coronavirus restrictions for travelers from New York, Georgia and other hot spots

Travelers coming to Texas from select major states and cities previously had to undergo a mandatory 14-day self-quarantine.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
Yeah, all of us with a brain thought it was stupid and I've actually gone out less since things reopened than before. There are also even fewer people wearing masks while out, which is irritated the living shit out of me every time I see it. At much as I don't want to see people wearing medical masks, I'd rather that than nothing at all and then giving me a douchebag sucking smirk when you walk by.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
It's all been solved.

Gov. Greg Abbott lifted air travel restrictions into Texas for those coming from states and major cities that have been considered COVID-19 hot spots. The change will take effect immediately, Abbott announced Thursday.

The governor implemented air travel restrictions as part of his executive orders in late March. Travelers who came from specified states and some major cities had to undergo a mandatory 14-day self-quarantine.

The governor implemented the same restriction for drivers coming from Louisiana, but that restriction was previously lifted.

The air travel restrictions applied to visitors from the states of California, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey and Washington. Travelers from Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit and Miami had the same restrictions, according to the release.

The announcement is the latest eased restriction in a series of statewide reopenings. Abbott let Texas' stay-at-home order expire at the end of April. He's since reopened businesses like restaurants, malls and hair salons with some restrictions and occupancy limits.

On Monday, the governor announced that child care facilities could reopen immediately, bars can open Friday with limited occupancy and sporting events can return without fans at the end of the month.

www.texastribune.org

Gov. Greg Abbott lifts coronavirus restrictions for travelers from New York, Georgia and other hot spots

Travelers coming to Texas from select major states and cities previously had to undergo a mandatory 14-day self-quarantine.

Oh nice, so people can go to texas then return back to their communities to spread it some more

Tremagus

Oct 25, 2017
El Paso
Mexico is quietly sneaking up there as well.
Yep. With Juarez right on the other side of the border of El Paso they are currently sitting at 160 deaths with over 700 cases, but that would mean that the mortality rate is extremely high, which means that the number of cases is being unbelievably under reported. But with no means to get more tests done and a less than favorable healthcare system there's not much they can do at this point.

Not to mention that Mexico is about a month delayed from the US in terms of when they got hit so let's see how this pans out over the next two months.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Texas is low key getting to that point. I heard in the news yesterday that icu beds are 70% full right now. Before the re-opening it was around 50% full

I wonder how they're accounting for suburban hospitals sending their patients to the bigger hospitals. Hopefully the former's ICU beds aren't counted then.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
1856 new cases today for Texas......
according to the link I posted at the top of the page, 1856 cases were added today, but with the link just 2 posts below it posted by Lathentar there were 945 cases added today. Quite the difference and I'm surprised there is such a vast disparity between trackers.

Lathentar

Oct 27, 2017
according to the link I posted at the top of the page, 1856 cases were added today, but with the link just 2 posts below it posted by Lathentar there were 945 cases added today. Quite the difference and I'm surprised there is such a vast disparity between trackers.
Yup I'm confused as well. Trying to look closer into it.