• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FunkyMonkey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Denver was a liberal city

it is, these shit-for-brains chucklefucks mostly commuted from rural areas to the "liberal" cities to protest. hence the confederate flags, the nazi flags, and the trump banners, which would usually be scoffed at by cities who have a collective citizen IQ of more than 27.

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I think it's worth discussing how we dehumanize people on this site, and that people who don't want to participate in that aren't agreeing with them.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We need to remain civil, ya'll. Just cause he and his klan are putting hundreds of thousands of lives in danger, doesn't mean name-calling is okay!

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, ok, I think it's like other threads that editorialize - i.e. "President Shitbag" to a degree where it's just shitting on people. Like, there's no discussion to be had about it, or to discuss what's happening. It's just "fuck these people". Which, like, fuck these people. But it just frames it in such a way that shuts it down.
The way I see it, is when you have really bombastic titles like that it's usually for things that are almost sure to universally (within the scope of this board) elicit the same response. I don't really see anyone taking the side of the people in the cars, because their actions are really indefensible. You're right in the sense there's no discussion to be had for the reasons I mentioned, but sometimes people just need a vent thread to call out dumb/stupid people and their behavior. Anything that could have been discussed in this thread has already been discussed in numerous other ones about the quarantine/social distancing mesasures

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
You make having critical thinking skills, morality, and empathy for others sound negative. Do you lack these? Join us in the hive mind and be a better person.

Also, it's a title of a thread on a message board that will more than likely disappear in 2 hours never to be seen again. There are legitimate issues to be angry about this place and things in general. This ain't one

Dude this sucks. Just because I don't want to shit on people doesn't mean I'm a bad person who lacks empathy.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
These people are putting other people's lives at risk ...

thread title is accurate

These nurses are heroes!

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
User Banned (1 Day): Inappropriate Commentary
Mod Edit: Inappropriate commentary removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Z Y

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, ok, I think it's like other threads that editorialize - i.e. "President Shitbag" to a degree where it's just shitting on people. Like, there's no discussion to be had about it, or to discuss what's happening. It's just "fuck these people". Which, like, fuck these people. But it just frames it in such a way that shuts it down.

My man...what discussion was shut down in this thread? Did you expect "Both sides" type of back and forth? lol

Speaking of shutting threads down...seems like 3/4th of the discussion here is now about your thread title whining.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Dude this sucks. Just because I don't want to shit on people doesn't mean I'm a bad person who lacks empathy.

Sadly those people are shitting on us, more like people around the. who may have existing conditions that would make COVID-19 potentially fatal.

And of course the doctors who work day and night risking their own lives.

Respect is earned.

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
My man...what discussion was shut down in this thread? Did you expect "Both sides" type of back and forth? lol

Speaking of shutting threads down...seems like 3/4th of the discussion here is now about your thread title whining.

Idk what I expected - I just think thread titles like this are unnecessary. Anyway, I'm muting the thread now!

Oct 28, 2017
Trump supporters of this sort are no doubt awful people who are endangering the lives of millions of Americans because they're being suckered in by astroturfing campaigns.

That being said the title fucking sucks in the same vein as a lot of alt-right twitter posts that do nothing but serve as a point for people to go "look at these snowflake libs".

The bigger question is why on earth aren't the police blockading these protestors from getting in the way of emergency services. If there's an example of a breakdown of society, it's law enforcement not doing everything possible to enforce social distancing laws. Why are these protests, who are in open opposition to emergency services and social distancing laws, given the time of day.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I can see other nurses doing this...but it'll be in a right to carry state and shit will really hit the fan.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe

Uhh, why shouldn't we be shitting on these people? They're single-handedly delaying the quarantine by being out there right now and they're getting other people sick in the process. Not to mention that they're.... how do I put this... this is not the exact wording I'm looking for, but they're insulting the families of those that have died by refusing to acknowledge that this is a crisis that is killing people. Like, c'mon man.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
This is my city that I'm proud to call home. I would've been out there with them coming from a family full of female nurses and healthcare workers including my 60 year old mother.

There are far more of us here taking this shit seriously that outnumber those fuckheads who support our healthcare workers.

Oct 28, 2017
We can't be too far away from a death-on-scene from one of these protests. Either by car or by a gun-toting lunatic.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
OK. What discussion do you expect? "Hmm, you're endangering the lives of many and your political beliefs are actively harming tons of people, you blatantly ignore facts, but gosh darn it I want to hear what you have to say!"

They're dumbfucks, fuck anyone that voted for Trump and fuck Trump.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Let's make this clear.

These stupid fuckbags are deliberately and maliciously engaging in activity that is putting themselves (which i couldn't care less about) and countless innocent people at risk by inadvertently spreading this virus.

They're making a mockery of medical workers at the behest of a party of braindead white supremacist fascists who are doing their best to downplay the damaging effects of this pandemic (aka. deaths) because "the economy."

And your primary concern is that people are being "too mean". Fuck outta here.

ejoshua

Oct 27, 2017
Couple of things from the OP and working my way down.

I love those nurses. Excellent counter protest. I clicked on the twitter thread and it did not take long before "crisis actors in fake 3M mask" came up. These people can only follow a couple of lines of thought; you know their argument before you even can make your own point.

Secondly, I am not a huge fan of the "shitbag "fuckface" "el Cheeto vonDingleBerry" thread titles myself. I can see the argument being made about why people do it; I feel your frustration and my post history will let you know I'm not some closet Trumper, I just think we can do better.

that said, we aren't a news site, we are a video game forum. If it's allowed then it's allowed.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The shitty protestors breaking self-quarantine regulation don't care about why, they just don't want to be told what to do. It's a more damaging version of what y'all do every time the McRib goes away. You don't care about the McRib. You just don't want to be told you can't have the McRib

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
what in the fuck have we become.

I can't believe how fucked this country is. That we have politicized a plague... That there is a for or against stance that must be taken for something killing tens of thousands of people around the world...

At least I am still blown away by it all. I figure that must mean something that at least my mind hasn't just totally accepted how fucked it all is. There must still be a glimmer of hope alive in there somewhere.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
R5-btMEWIDwysCXKWw4H60I0e1U=.gif

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Secondly, I am not a huge fan of the "shitbag "fuckface" "el Cheeto vonDingleBerry" thread titles myself. I can see the argument being made about why people do it; I feel your frustration and my post history will let you know I'm not some closet Trumper, I just think we can do better.
i don't like those titles either because they seem low-tier juvenile, like we're sinking to Trump's childish level of idiocy.

but in this case I'm cool with it 😎

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
what is the difference between "dumbfuck" and "dumb as fuck"

lmao

Couple of things from the OP and working my way down.

I love those nurses. Excellent counter protest. I clicked on the twitter thread and it did not take long before "crisis actors in fake 3M mask" came up. These people can only follow a couple of lines of thought; you know their argument before you even can make your own point.

that said, we aren't a news site, we are a video game forum. If it's allowed then it's allowed.

Wait are you serious, cause "cheeto vonDingleBerry" is pretty hilarious

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe how fucked this country is. That we have politicized a plague... That there is a for or against stance that must be taken for something killing tens of thousands of people around the world...

At least I am still blown away by it all. I figure that must mean something that at least my mind hasn't just totally accepted how fucked it all is. There must still be a glimmer of hope alive in there somewhere.

actually, we haven't changed that much