• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Robbing banks is morally correct as long as you don't hurt the innocent.

Rare case of cops doin' the right thing here.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
game cops

youtu.be

NEVER.

Jeff Gerstmann, Ryan Davis, Vinny Caravella, Brad Shoemaker and Matthew Rorie discuss a specific moment in nintendo's E3 2009 press conferencefrom this: http...

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
LOL

FIxcf_6XIAQr9gp

Only if they don't defend banks. Killing is fine.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
This is the most humanizing news story about the police I've heard in a long time.

Also this happened in 2017, I think Snorlax and Togetic were quite rare back then.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shoulda have said that Snorlax blocked the way, so they had to catch it first.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
If they're playing idly while driving around the city anyways, you'd think statistically they'd run into one without having to risk their jobs over it. But I guess someone realising that would be smart enough to, you know, not do this.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Are we sure it wasn't a Slowpoke?

Their defense of "we're not supposed to be held accountable for our conduct" is the most police response ever.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
This is the most humanizing news story about the police I've heard in a long time.

Also this happened in 2017, I think Snorlax and Togetic were quite rare back then.

Back when Pokémon go was being played by everyone and their grandparents. The craze back then was absolutely absurd. Kind of miss those first couple months. Then they ruined it with speed limitations so even riding my bike was"too fast" for it to allow me to do anything

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Defense attempts like this from cops always get a massive side eye. Anything can be used against a civilian, but evidence against a cop is a no no.
It's a shit defence but I can understand them trying to use this(probably desperately) if the stated purpose of the recording device is for monitoring external events or criminal behaviour and not cops day to day themselves, but negligence on duty is kinda criminal behaviour right? So I guess it's purpose was fulfilled!

I only say this as I used to work in an office which had a camera pointed directly at me all day and I pulled the design schematics and build purpose which stated the camera was to be monitoring the door to record people entering for security purposes and not what I was doing and argued my case that my contract didn't say I was to be monitored on duty and that I didn't know how the footage was being used, if my managers were viewing the footage, if I have an impromptu karaoke session was that being fed to my performance review etc.

I'm guessing cops have it all over their contracts tho that they can be filmed and reviewed if required which I would hope is done more often. I remember they caught an officer saying he was stockpiling guns for the war against blacks in a dashcam video. Scary shit.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You know, 2022 just might be a decent year.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Hehe, thats crazy (what the cops did that is, not that they got fired).

How do you mean that the cops did the right thing in this case? Just to add some info to this case, i read in an other article about this case that it was apparently a robbery in a shopping mall. I dont think that it was bank related. Even if it was bank related, if its an on location robbery, and also during the opening hours of the bank, i think that it would be pretty difficult to avoid that some innocent people might be hurt to some degree (much or less depending on the situation, and either being hurt physically and/or mentally), like the persons who work there, and/or the consumers (if anyone consumers are on location of course). So i think that it would be pretty difficult to rob a bank without affecting some innocent people.

If its happening after closing hours and there is no one in the bank, no person might be directly hurt in some way in that case though, although then it might be more a definition as a break in rather than a robbery, if i am not mistaken? But maybe thats more of a semantic thing though. But i think that it would be very difficult to steal from a bank without some innocent person being affected in some way or another regardless (or how do you mean regarding getting hurt by the way? Only physically and/or mentally hurt during an on location robbery during opening hours of the bank? If someone breaks into a bank after closing hours and there are no people in the bank at that moment in time, maybe someone can still be affected/hurt by it depending on what people take. Maybe they can steal from bank boxes for example, which could affect/hurt innocent people if personal items are stolen for example). I am not sure its possible to steal from a bank without any innocent people getting hurt to some degree.

EDIT: I fixed a typo that i had, and i also added some text.

EDIT 2: I am sorry for the very late edit, but i just wanted to add a bit more text.

Last edited:

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think traumatizing innocent people (bank employees, including tellers, etc.) to steal money is morally correct. A bank isn't like Walmart where people can steal shit without ever threatening anyone. Robbing a bank generally involves some kind of threat, potentially including pointing guns or other weapons at people.

Fuck capitalism, but traumatizing average people trying to make a living ain't it.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
We had some friends around here that were cops that played Pokemon Go. Was really convenient at times if I'm being honest. But they didn't not do their jobs because of the game.

Mar 7, 2020
USA
so...cops can get fired for not doing their jobs (not responding to robbery)...but can't be fired for shooting and killing minorities...so does that mean shooting and killing minorities is part of their jobs?