• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Update:

-----------------------

The music combined with this tweet:

For those that don't know they recently did late last year did a Marvel vs Capcom 3 Twitch Rivals, and Maximilian Dood who helped with a bit of it (and hosted on his channel), did say he would be potentially interested in doing a Killer Instinct one.

Probably way easier to set up than the MvC3 one since that required Parsec.

Last edited by a moderator:

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
So the UMvC3 Twitch Rivals tourney was complete and total amazeballs. KI would be just as good, Max helped with a small tourney last year (the Ronin Rumble) and the fights were epic af.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I would say that's more than potentially based on that music!

Great.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Max carrying the FGC during this fucking pandemic all while being a new father.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
It's one of the fighting games that actually can have a good, functional online tourney, so this is great.

DanielG123

Jul 14, 2020
God, they so need to make another KI at some point soon. The newest one is such a great fighting game.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Microsoft, do the right thing and greenlight an Iron Galaxy-led sequel to KI 2013. Doooo ittttttttt.

Killer Instinct 2013 was the best fighting game of the last console generation, and the only reason it didn't get more respect to that end is because it never came to PlayStation or Switch, meaning a lot of people never played it.

It's also amazing to watch high level play, because you can turn things around so fast.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I will watch this on every possible device in my house so Microsoft will see how many people love KI :D

Justice_DP

Jan 28, 2020
Are there a lot of complex systems? Is it easy to get into?

The game has very good core systems that are introduced in a great dojo mode (However I never completed all of the missions).
The combo and breaker system is the core of the game and once you get the hang of both of them it becomes interesting to branch out to specific characters with their own quirks/ideas. And such character specific systems are very interesting and offer lot's of cool stuff.

However: While Season 1 characters are very straight forward, season 2 characters get a bit more complicated and this is continued in season 3 and 3.5.
And some stuff was way easier to learn as the game expanded during it's 4 year run, as it did have way less characters and you could learn the moveset of each character and the necessary counters at a nice pace. Especially during season 1 and early season 2, where you fought individual characters much more often, as the nr of characters was much smaller.

I loved the shadow mode / shadow ladder as a way to train and see different styles (you fight AI characters that are based on real player patterns/styles). I do not know how good it is today (I load up the game very other month or so), but it was a blast.

And the Xbox Series Auto HDR feature works great on the game. It really pops.

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
The game has very good core systems that are introduced in a great dojo mode (However I never completed all of the missions).
The combo and breaker system is the core of the game and once you get the hang of both of them it becomes interesting to branch out to specific characters with their own quirks/ideas. And such character specific systems are very interesting and offer lot's of cool stuff.

However: While Season 1 characters are very straight forward, season 2 characters get a bit more complicated and this is continued in season 3 and 3.5.
And some stuff was way easier to learn as the game expanded during it's 4 year run, as it did have way less characters and you could learn the moveset of each character and the necessary counters at a nice pace. Especially during season 1 and early season 2, where you fought individual characters much more often, as the nr of characters was much smaller.

I loved the shadow mode / shadow ladder as a way to train and see different styles (you fight AI characters that are based on real player patterns/styles). I do not know how good it is today (I load up the game very other month or so), but it was a blast.

And the Xbox Series Auto HDR feature works great on the game. It really pops.
Thank you for that detailed response. I need to take a look at the game on Game Pass.

Radamammuth

Dec 8, 2017
Why wouldn't they? There's zero reason to not use it. It's practically the best-in-class netcode.
Yeah, no reason to use Parsec with Killer Instinct.

Oh yes KI is great! My point was that they are not limited to pick a game based on the netcode.

Also I don't know stability, so less things could go wrong. More than the Parsec side is the fact that they were running the game on AWS instances no?

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man yes. This us Frosty Faustings having a 61 man 5 hour Tatsunoko vs Capcom UAS tourney plus a 6 hour Power Rangers tourney is making for about the best week of fighting games ever!

All I need now is a massive kof13,2002 um and kof14 tourney too and im DONE

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
One of the best fighting games of the last generation that never got the credit it deserved. Fantastic to see it happen.

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Microsoft, do the right thing and greenlight an Iron Galaxy-led sequel to KI 2013. Doooo ittttttttt.

Killer Instinct 2013 was the best fighting game of the last console generation, and the only reason it didn't get more respect to that end is because it never came to PlayStation or Switch, meaning a lot of people never played it.

It's also amazing to watch high level play, because you can turn things around so fast.

I would just do it for Maximilian, dude has shipped this game so hard on everywhere. So much love.
It's a great fighting game....and it's something gamepass lacks as well. So why not Phil ? Come on.