• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 48991

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
It's funny though how often on this board the "recession is worse than the virus" or "how can we just stop living for a year" argument has and is still being made.

Oct 29, 2017
So he would prefer killing far more people with the virus instead?

Also, I am shocked, SHOCKED that Glenn Beck now thinks old people are expendable after he helped spread the "death panel" lies about Obamacare killing people's grandparents back in the day. All that empathy goes out the window once it hurts the bottom line, eh?

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
We're all desensitized to his stupidness but I feel like this is a new low

As a non-US citizen residing in another country, it still fucking simultaneously boggles, saddens and terrifies my mind that Americans' can become desensitized to what amounts to inhumane behaviour and actions like this and what your GOP or general system does on a daily basis.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
So he would prefer killing far more people with the virus instead?

Also, I am shocked, SHOCKED that Glenn Beck now thinks old people are expendable after he helped spread the "death panel" lies about Obamacare killing people's grandparents back in the day. All that empathy goes out the window once it hurts the bottom line, eh?

Remember when people bought his bullshit 30 second face turn a while back?

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Uh huh and what about the thousands of suicides because people can't afford basic health and mental care?

Oct 27, 2017
This will be his excuse in Nov.

"Un-American Democratic scumbags shut down my beautiful economy. I wanted to reopen for business, but they wouldn't let me and that's why we're in a depression"

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
If staying home destroyed our economy, it would be a testament to a great American spirit if we banded together and came back to work at a time when people felt safe and healthy.

You have to feel safe before you can feel prosperous. This is basic.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Just throw up some Rosie the Riveter wearing a facemask posters and propagandize the workforce into believing that dying of coronavirus (or worse, killing loved ones) so that the shareholders of your corporation can still earn dividends is a just, patriotic cause.

We can do it!

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Yeah go back to work and avoid suicide so you can get permanent lung damage or potentially die from a respiratory disease.

The right all of a sudden cares about people dying? Suicide due to financial distress is now a grave concern for them? Give me a fucking break.

Atlagev

Oct 27, 2017
I wish there was a way I could covey my feelings about this man without getting banned.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I will put on a brave face and accept his sacrifice. He's saying he's willing to die right? Like, soon?

It's really fucking insidious because he knows he can almost certainly ride this out or, at worst, survive infection. His daily job is sitting in a studio alone and likely going straight home and he's rich. The "we" is not "we" and the "I" is not "I."

Deleted member 45211

Banned
Jun 19, 2018

I dunno... you have the President getting decent approval ratings on his handling of the crisis despite dooming millions. You have kids packing beaches because they're addicted to the consumerist idea of Spring Break. You have people willing to sacrifice their health and lives for the sake of the economy.

I'd say if enough people are willing to die for it, unrestrained capitalism seems perfectly sustainable.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so real talk this is all obviously insane and disgusting, the president is a fucking lunatic. But how is it playing with his base? Are elderly people actually volunteering to die to own the libs? I haven't been paying attention to any reactions to his rhetoric.

Oct 25, 2017
What's really important to highlight here isn't the faux concern and more so the fact that it's a threat. "People will die unless i get my way"

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
so real talk this is all obviously insane and disgusting, the president is a fucking lunatic. But how is it playing with his base? Are elderly people actually volunteering to die to own the libs? I haven't been paying attention to any reactions to his rhetoric.

I'm going to guess by looking out my window that plenty of his base think it's overblown and they're not going to get it.

ironichaos

Oct 31, 2017
I hope nurses and doctors tweet @ Trump whenever they have to make the decision for who gets a ventilator and who dies. Tell Trump to make the decision.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Millennials and Zoomers love memeing about dying but it turns Boomers were the ones who actually wanted to die.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
I don't ask for a lot but I really want to see him die on television. He is truly a detriment to our shared survival.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to guess by looking out my window that plenty of his base think it's overblown and they're not going to get it.

I'm so, so fucking lucky that my parents have taken it extremely seriously from the get go. No need to goad them to wear masks or gloves or anything, they've been all on board. Part of that was the real scare my mom had when she had to take the test, but I'm still so grateful. My parents voted for bush back in the day, but don't buy trumps bullshit at all. It's really, really nice to not have to worry that they're reading mind poison right now.

Saw this on twitter:

ET67LkfWAAQdPby

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Does he think people talking about a depression are talking about mental health instead of the economy or something?

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Well if you give them UBI they won't think suicide is the only way out. Instead, he wants to open up everything and send people out to die that way. Everything besides just giving the common person money!

Also, they will turn to crime before offing themselves.

Pandaman

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If we fuck up on social distancing and everybody just goes back to work, as many as 60% of the population could experience COVID-19, of those cases roughly 11% [or as high as 14%] result in severe symptoms and 5% with critical symptoms. which in america, would be about 31 million people with severe symptoms, 10 million of which with critical. Assuming adequate care, of those maybe half a million will die [probably a few hundred thousand more but lets be optimists]. There are just over 900,000 hospital beds in the US and most of those beds are in use from all the other non-covid related reasons to go to a hospital. If we do not flatten the curve, we could conceivably be looking at 6-10 million people in the united states attempting to survive respiratory failure with chicken soup and bed rest, I don't know what the death rate for that is so feel free to guess.

If thousands of people will commit suicide, let them die. We'll build a nice statue for them later.

"The coronavirus epidemic could spread to about two-thirds of the world's population if it cannot be controlled, according to Hong Kong's leading public health epidemiologist. "
www.theguardian.com

Coronavirus 'could infect 60% of global population if unchecked'

Exclusive: Public health epidemiologist says other countries should consider adopting China-style containment measures
"
While information so far suggests that most COVID-19 illness is mild, a report out of China suggests serious illness occurs in 16% of cases."
www.cdc.gov

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Situation Summary

CDC is responding to the novel (new) coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. See information on source, spread, risk assessment and the latest U.S. updates.

" A total of 81% of cases in the JAMA study were classified as mild, meaning they did not result in pneumonia or resulted in only mild pneumonia. Fourteen percent of cases were severe (marked by difficulty breathing), and 5% were critical (respiratory failure, septic shock, and/or multiple organ dysfunction or failure). "

"Total Staffed Beds in All U.S. Hospitals - 924,107"
www.aha.org

Fast Facts on U.S. Hospitals, 2024 | AHA

There are 6,120 hospitals in the United States. The American Hospital Association conducts an annual survey of hospitals in the United States. The data here, published in 2024, are a sample from the 2022 AHA Annual Survey (FY 2022) and offer quick answers on number of hospitals, government...

iyox

Oct 25, 2017

Glenn beck on the 14th was laughing about this being a hoax and his little co-host made a joke about Syrians not getting sick cause they just shoot each other. I don't know what I am getting at, but I honestly just can't believe how morally bankrupt they are. The ideology is being proven 100% wrong in a matter of a week, and they are now fully advocating for people to put themselves in harm's way.