• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

clearacell

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, eventually we are gonna have to colonize space of we wanna survive as a species, but I feel like this is just an idiot trying to compensate for his tiny hands

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He is so desperate to be remembered and have his name on something. I hope they axe it all, no foundations he started.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
One day humans, one day you'll come across something in space...

source.gif

Deleted member 5359

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Making changes to the mass of the moon seems really smart considering its gravity affects tidal forces on Earth. Brilliant, really.

Deleted member 64002

Banned
Feb 19, 2020
I'll be honest this is a smart move to influence another space race it could lead to faster colonization efforts in our lifetime.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
A lot of people are saying "Trump opened space, it was closed, but Trump opened it." Space is huge, tremendous, even bigger than the moon. Nobody ever even knew how big space could be. I think this could be bigger than even the American economy, which they said, "shut it down! It;'s the best economy ever, but just shut it down."

The moon could be profitable. Wisconsin is probably worried about that. But we love our dairy farmers.

The administration before me, they locked up space. Locked it all up. When I came to the Whitehouse all that was left was a bunch of degenerate matter, failed stars, neutron stars, evaporated black holes - just a bunch of what I call "Hawking Radiation." That's what I call it. Pretty catchy. Maybe it'll be named after me one day. "Trump's Hawking Radiation." That sounds tremendous.

k8xo7fdd_7p7f7i_1cabanj.png

k8xocgg4_f0qcgq_1cabanj.png

k8xofuga_n90vsc_1cabanj.png

k8xoh8pg_udxb11_1cabanj.png

stew

Dec 2, 2017
Is the moon divided up like Antarctica?

how would it even work. First come first serve?
Basically, this would be the plan of these kind of administrations. The US would decide who gets what, and for how much, in exchange of insuring security. If another coutry gets there first, then there would be "negociations" over the most interesting territories. If it's not possible, then war.

I don't think Trump got the idea alone, as others said he just wants his name attached to something big whatever it is, but this is the kind of things the military hawks must be thinking about.

tATu

Alt Account
Mar 18, 2020
This seems....fine? I mean, the timing makes no sense obviously, the cheeto should have far more pressing matters to focus on currently.

But at some eventual point space mining is gonna have to happen unless we as a species want to just stay on earth forever

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
NGL, my ears perked up when i saw the potential of fusion related resources, but i don't know how much that would help. Fusion is the end goal and a leading contender for technology that can save us and the planet.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is inevitable, so people using this as a potshot to say "fuck trump" look really fucking stupid.

But also, Trump is really fucking stupid.

This one's a wash I guess. 🤷🏻‍♂️

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I hope Biden vetoes this shit

The Moon does not belong to on country

Fucking with the Moon would have disastrous consequences

Drilling on the Moon for profit is not fuckin' cool

Salsanta1373

Apr 6, 2019
I think people have forgotten the Hayabusa 2, which has successfully collected a sample from a asteroid, so this should be encouraged.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/science-environment-48946603
As for the moon, it not a bad idea to mine of the moon, if done to ensure its structural integrity. The problem is claim ownership of the moon. If we were a united race sure, but we are not. If it make you guys feel better, Russia has lade claim on the melting parts of the north pole to mine it.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Executive order to claim land that doesn't belong to you and currently have no way of getting to.

what a fucking clown show.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
It's like a parody of movie bad guys at this point.

though it would push space faster so whatever

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of people are saying "Trump opened space, it was closed, but Trump opened it." Space is huge, tremendous, even bigger than the moon. Nobody ever even knew how big space could be. I think this could be bigger than even the American economy, which they said, "shut it down! It;'s the best economy ever, but just shut it down."

The moon could be profitable. Wisconsin is probably worried about that. But we love our dairy farmers.

The administration before me, they locked up space. Locked it all up. When I came to the Whitehouse all that was left was a bunch of degenerate matter, failed stars, neutron stars, evaporated black holes - just a bunch of what I call "Hawking Radiation." That's what I call it. Pretty catchy. Maybe it'll be named after me one day. "Trump's Hawking Radiation." That sounds tremendous.
I'm getting brain cancer from how close to reality this is

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As a non American, can anyone explain to me why this is an executive order? Like why is this not just an expression of interest to start international talks about how moon and asteroid mining will be handled and what laws will apply.
Trump has no actual power to get anything done like this through Congress. Executive orders is just him showing off to get attention and thinking he has actually done things while subverting congress and do nothing Democrats.

Just dont reflect back to his first 2 years when congress was GOP controlled and he still struggled.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
W/o getting a space elevator capable of delivering and receiving materials space mining seems incredibly unfeasible on a commercial scale and I doubt that space colonization will ever be anything more than science fiction.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasnt that a brad pitt movie with space miners and space pirates on the moon fighting over resources. He was like looking for his father or something