• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
He ran off like the coward he is shortly thereafter.
My threshold is much lower these days. I haven't turned off in years, and all of the circumstances for this year, I can't suffer through hours of everything at a time anymore.

However, I'm surprised he dipped so quick. I was only watching for about a minute before he got to that statement, so I'm not aware of the entire context of the press conference. But I would've expected him to double down for awhile.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Kyle Rittenhouse is going to have an unlimited defense fund, overt support from millions of Americans, quiet support from millions more, and probably powerful leaders from the Republican party intervening on his behalf. If I were betting you gotta give being acquitted the odds. Went to pick a fight, murdered two dudes, and probably ends up a free man with a book deal.

If he did it in July, we would have gotten a primetime speaking appointment at the RNC.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Will large and relevant/influential media outfits correctly make noise about this and correctly state that Trump is defending/supporting underage shootings/killings of protestors?

Let's see.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Is Rittenhouse going to get a jury trial? If so this surely endangers jury selection. A juror would have to be almost totally uninformed not to be prejudiced one way or the other.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
I'm shaking, I'm so angry he comes to that coward's defense. He killed 2 people FFS.

If I was a family member of those who were killed, I would be in an uncontrollable rage, demanding an apology. I don't know what I would do.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I own a gun for personal protection now. You should too. Even after the election, if Biden is the victor, he won't be able to calm these people down. The damage and the poison is done and flowing through their veins. Escalation is the only course come November.

Oct 28, 2017
Why would he condemn what he so actively tried to create? This is political capital to him, a desired outcome and not a thing more.

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Has an American President ever before in history come out in support of someone charged with 1st degree murder? Will his official endorsement unduly influence due process here to the point where the state of Wisconsin is no longer able to even prosecute the killer?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
With him defending this fuckbag, I'm afraid people are only going to feel more emboldened to go after protestors. Legitimately worried for November and beyond regardless of who wins the vote.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Things are going to so much worse before they even have a chance of getting better. The world and this country especially are so completely warped and divorced from reality. It didn't start with Trump at all, but this shit has metastasized so aggressively to all areas these past 4 years I don't know how we'll ever recover, even if/when he's defeated.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is Rittenhouse going to get a jury trial? If so this surely endangers jury selection. A juror would have to be almost totally uninformed not to be prejudiced one way or the other.
That's the thing, this happens in every high publicity case. Justice is illusory, an entire nation of right-wing racists know about all these instances and have their minds made up already while Blacks are struck from the jury pool left and right. Racism is America's oxygen and it's at every single step of all these "sophisticated" and revered institutions.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What an insane little pissbaby. Wish somebody would cold cock him like Richard Spencer or all those other Nazi's who can't take a punch.

JAT

Oct 27, 2017
I really haven't kept up with the situation. Didn't he kill someone , run, then get grabbed by protesters? Am I wrong about the order of events?

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Not even the slightest bit surprised, by any of it.

But now, imagine a protester brings a paintball gun along with them as a "defensive measure." Imagine how that'll go if police see that in someone's hands or, lord forbid, they fire a paintball at a police car. Go ahead and see whether that gets handwaved away as not dangerous and just a "defensive measure."

Trump's battle lines are already set and have been for a while, it's just slowly becoming more and more blatant in the reasoning behind it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I really haven't kept up with the situation. Didn't he kill someone , run, then get grabbed by protesters? Am I wrong about the order of events?

He:

* killed someone
* called a friend and told him, "I just killed somebody."
* ran
* shot and killed another person and gravely injured a third
* strolled away, towards the police, still holding his assault rifle, as people around him shouted, "This dude killed somebody!"
* drove home
* was arrested the following morning