• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking of this when I read that for a second, lmao

41L-cXv1SrL._SY445_.jpg

"how is this related to Spider-Man?"

it's always a concern when making a movie whether or not it will be too similar to garfield the movie
every filmmaker asks themselves this question at one time or another during a shoot

Oct 29, 2017
giphy.gif

This is how I feel about the "home" title convention for the recent Spider-Man movies. That of which I didn't even recognize was a thing until rumors came out of the third movie possibly being called "Homesick." I thought that "Homecoming" and "Far From Home" was just a coincidence of having "Home" in the titles up until then. It's pretty stupid.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm going with Spider-Man: No Way Home.

Double meaning with him being on the run now that his identity is public and the multiversal shenanigans.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

This is how I feel about the "home" title convention for the recent Spider-Man movies. That of which I didn't even recognize was a thing until rumors came out of the third movie possibly being called "Homesick." I thought that "Homecoming" and "Far From Home" was just a coincidence of having "Home" in the titles up until then. It's pretty stupid.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
Peter gets locked inside the Sanctum Sanctorum and he and the other Peters must keep the Multiversal Sinister Six out

Spider-Man: Strange Home Alone

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
I want this movie to have like 8 different titles and which one you get is random every time you watch it.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Spiderman Home and Away

Australia, ahhhh real spiders!

Spiderman I Can See the Home From Here

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Eu82nipWQAUEtRk

You know, because of the events of Far From Home, he has to go away for a while. Also he gets help from Toadfish.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I a party pooper or is this "trolling" thing with fake titles really cringe?

Why would it be cringe? It fits the running joke that Tom Holland is so bad at keeping secrets that they'd give him a fake name for the movie. He was in an interview not that long ago where he admitted the directors told him he was going to do a wedding scene so he wouldn't spoil a certain funeral.

Whether it's actually true or not doesn't really change that it's part of the running joke.

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that they cast her as Not-Mary Jane will forever disappoint me. She'd have fucking nailed that role.
It's kind of a strange situation they've created with the naming sure, but isn't she basically playing this universe's version of Mary Jane anyway? She's still MJ, she's just Michelle Jones instead of Mary Jane.
If you think she'd nail the role, well... is she not nailing it now?

I mean it is weird, and I wonder why they bothered at all to be weird about it. But...it's MJ regardless.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Why would it be cringe? It fits the running joke that Tom Holland is so bad at keeping secrets that they'd give him a fake name for the movie. He was in an interview not that long ago where he admitted the directors told him he was going to do a wedding scene so he wouldn't spoil a certain funeral.
If all of these titles were being put out there under the assumption that they are the real title, that would be a different story. But (I assume) they arent. They are all in on the "joke" of putting out possibly fake titles, and that's what I find cringe. *shrug* guess it's just me. Reminds me of corporate Twitters trying to make jokes and memes.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't she basically MJ? What role are you talking about

She's "MJ", but MJ is not Mary Jane in these films. The nickname was meant to be an homage. I personally hate it.

It's kind of a strange situation they've created with the naming sure, but isn't she basically playing this universe's version of Mary Jane anyway? She's still MJ, she's just Michelle Jones instead of Mary Jane.
If you think she'd nail the role, well... is she not nailing it now?

I think the MCU Spider-Man movies are really mediocre Spider-Man films. And non-Mary Jane MJ is a great example as to why.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Isn't she basically MJ? What role are you talking about

Mary Jane doesn't exist in the MCU. Zendaya plays Michelle, an original character, and they gave her the nickname "MJ" as an homage to the comics.

The whole thing was honestly a very weird choice. It felt like a needlessly convoluted way to build up to the "surprise" when audiences find out her nickname is MJ.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
She's "MJ", but MJ is not Mary Jane in these films. The nickname was meant to be an homage. I personally hate it.

I think the MCU Spider-Man movies are really mediocre Spider-Man films. And non-Mary Jane MJ is a great example as to why.
Huh, I didn't realize it was just an homage. Do we expect to have a real "MJ" later on? I thought she's basically playing MJ but with just a slightly different name

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If all of these titles were being put out there under the assumption that they are the real title, that would be a different story. But (I assume) they arent. They are all in on the "joke" of putting out possibly fake titles, and that's what I find cringe. *shrug* guess it's just me. Reminds me of corporate Twitters trying to make jokes and memes.

It's meant to be mindless fun to fill the void until they reveal the title (tonight probably). Let them have their fun.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Huh, I didn't realize it was just an homage. Do we expect to have a real "MJ" later on? I thought she's basically playing MJ but with just a slightly different name

She's playing an OC who took the nickname of Spidey's most famous love interest as a surprise reveal for the end of Homecoming. It's really dumb. They should have just said she was Mary Jane from the beginning, and if anyone had a problem with that, they don't have to see the movie.

odiin

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that they cast her as Not-Mary Jane will forever disappoint me. She'd have fucking nailed that role.

Hopefully Michelle dies 15 minutes into this film and is then replaced by an alternate universe doppelganger from a world exactly the same as this one except the character's name is Mary-Jane instead.