• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Have Atlus/Nintendo said anything regarding the possibility of a sequel to this game?
Plz....make it happen Ninty.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
so never... Would love to get a sequel.
I have a 100% save file on my WiiU and still bought in on Switch. I did my part. Gotta support the good stuff.
We still have a chance.....

1579504621484.png

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Good to see that it's doing well. Going to see if I can pick up a copy when I'm out shopping this afternoon. I told myself I was going to wait until I finished BBS, but I don't think I can hold out anymore lol

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
You have a lot more options than they generally give allies in the Persona games so it's a little trickier. Here's my general advice.

1. Abilities that can be replaced by a cheap item can easily be replaced. For example, Tsubasa gets a poison cure spell, but you can just buy cheap poison cure items from the Hee-Ho Market so if she's low on slots, that's the first thing to go. Likewise, single target healing isn't as valuable after the early parts of the game since you can buy full-heal items for not that much, but multi-target healing is harder to replace with items.

2. Don't worry too much about MP costs when picking skills. Dungeons have frequent warp points, you can always teleport back to base if you get low on MP, bosses generally have warp points right before them, you can swap characters out for fresher characters, plus in a pinch, there are MP restoring items.

3. +Skill levels to abilities are a nice bonus, but don't worry too much about them unless it's a skill that you're planning on keeping. If you get a more powerful version of an older skill, replace the older skill even if it has some +skill levels.

4. Character should generally be specialized. Since you can swap characters in and out of battle as needed, it's better to have a character that's really good at a few things than mediocre at a lot of things. The exception being that it can be useful to have more damage types so that you can more easily hit weaknesses and start chains (which is how you do the bulk of your damage).

5. Another exception is the main character. Since you're stuck with him, it's best to build him to be useful in a wide variety of situations. For example, making sure that he has some buffs and/or debuffs that he can use when the enemies aren't weak to his damage types is a good way to make sure he's never useless.

6. Abilities that can do more than one thing are great. For example, an attack skill that also debuffs can be useful even if the enemy isn't weak to the damage type.

Thank you very much for all your precious answers! I had the feeling that the number of available options was countless, it won't be easy to consider all of them (particulary since since during week days I will mostly play the game during commutes, it is even more difficult), but I will try to follow your indications.
I had already noticed, in particular, that returning to the base from any dungeon is quite easy. I returned multiple times, during Chapter 1, either to visit Tiki or to revitalize my team.
Thank you again :)

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
Have Atlus/Nintendo said anything regarding the possibility of a sequel to this game?

I wish.

I had picked this game up years ago for Wii U and just never got around to it. It was actually a game I was hoping would get a Switch port and I grabbed it as soon as it popped up for preorder on the eShop.

I started the game up on Friday and oh my God it's so amazing. I'm so mad at myself for never playing it on Wii U. I love it so much. It's occupying my mind even when I'm not playing in a way few games do. I'm kinda mad Chrom didn't get an alt in Ultimate with this appearance and that the sole representation in Smash being one Spirit.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
Oh has anyone picked up the 3 disc album? I was able to rip the first disc, but I guess I need to wait for someone to create an entry for the other two discs.

Also This game is amazing and I have been biting away at it in my free time. Also trying to get all the achievements in Fallout 4 on Xbox as well.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
In an interview from years ago, one of Nintendo's producers said that they viewed TMS as a new franchise as much as it is a crossover. With that in mind, if Encore were to sell enough, they might consider another entry. But that's a really big might. Enjoy this game while you can, because we might not ever get another.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Man the chapter 2 boss is destroying me. Think I have to level up some more.

Tips:
Most of the minions are weak against sleep so Kiria's sleep all spell is really good to shut them down to lower the damage you take while you clear them out. Then just layer the debuffs on the main boss while buffing your party while hitting it with everything you've got. It'll probably summon enemies more than once so just rinse and repeat until it's dead.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
Tips:
Most of the minions are weak against sleep so Kiria's sleep all spell is really good to shut them down to lower the damage you take while you clear them out. Then just layer the debuffs on the main boss while buffing your party while hitting it with everything you've got. It'll probably summon enemies more than once so just rinse and repeat until it's dead.
Thanks!

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I'm not sure who'd they go for if they ever did Smash. They generally go for the main character, but Tsubasa is the character that the story focuses on.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently on chapter 2, isn't there a passive skill that includes the outside party members on sessions? I remember unlocking it on WiiU version but it's been years so I might've gotten it wrong

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently on chapter 2, isn't there a passive skill that includes the outside party members on sessions? I remember unlocking it on WiiU version but it's been years so I might've gotten it wrong

Yeah, I see it on my Kiria (I'm start of chapter 3). Off the top of my head it was Stage Rank 8-9 + 3 Star Prestige

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

Yes, there is. I don't remember when you unlock it, but I know it's not available in Chapter 2.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I see it on my Kiria (I'm start of chapter 3). Off the top of my head it was Stage Rank 8-9 + 3 Star Prestige
Oh right, yeah I remember it being tied to Stage Rank, that's why I vaguely remember needing to farm SR on all characters on the Wii U version. It was basically a gamechanger, it's been years since I last played Wii U version and I was in the final dungeon on that one. Goes to show how forgettable the story is in this game overall lol

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also just saying they made one TMS spirit for Smash and it wasn't Itsuki.

But how would that change my answer if I didn't forget?
Then I don't understand you're reasoning. Especially the Cross comment. Like I admit there's still a chance they'd use Itsuki but not even Xenoblade considers Cross the main character.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
I thought the combat was kind of iffy to start, but now that I'm getting a bunch of chain skills and ad-libs in chapter 2, it's getting more interesting. Guessing there are still some more layers to come?

Yes, so far this experience was a lot like scratching the surface of the combat system in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. At first it feels like a slog since you were only learning auto-attack positioning and charging up specials. But as you keep learning mechanics and start stacking them.... well, let's just say I've put a good 600+ hours into Xenoblade Chronicles 2

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Then I don't understand you're reasoning. Especially the Cross comment. Like I admit there's still a chance they'd use Itsuki but not even Xenoblade considers Cross the main character.

Keep in mind that before Smash, Robin was never marketed as a character. There wasn't even artwork for his default designs outside of the in-game profile picture. So, Sakurai picking an avatar character who was never marketed in a big way has a clear precedent.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
First time playing this game (I do own the Wii U version but never played it...don't ask, it's a long story) and...um...it sure does love its fan service. Not going to lie, it's pretty obnoxious and it's making me question whether the (admittedly) interesting combat is worth sticking through some 50 hour adventure when i'm already finding its inclusion to be an irritant.
We still have a chance.....

1579504621484.png
Hard to find a game when there's only, like, 10 copies.

If there's any shortages of #FE, it's due to them printing a low amount of copies since the game bombed on the Wii U.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
does the game give you a method for leveling characters not in the party? Just finished ch 2 and Tsubasa is 6 levels behind the rest.... just grind the dungeon more?

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
does the game give you a method for leveling characters not in the party? Just finished ch 2 and Tsubasa is 6 levels behind the rest.... just grind the dungeon more?

Yup, best thing to do is get a bunch of tomes in the first bonus dungeon and use those, it's how I keep all my characters equal level when they're not being used.

Buzzth

Jan 15, 2018
Japan
First time playing the game and I'm glad I didn't pick it up on Wii U - those load times are pretty bad.

20 hours in: the combat is addicting and I really like the variety of colors, costumes, and combos. I don't feel strongly for the characters as i feel a lot of the side quests require you to do stupid things like buy a donut for a character to eat.