• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty understandable. You did good work while you were on the team btw, hope you know that didn't go unnoticed

Hey, while we have mods and admins like Hecht viewing the thread, can I get an explanation for why telling an openly gay poster to leave and eat a dick (EAD) isn't punished for being the blatant homophobia it is? https://www.resetera.com/threads/general-guide-to-resetera.9777/#post-21141007

interesting how you want to ban others for not following rules while you break them yourself. Get help.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Don't forget about the pilot's family.
Oh yeah. From what I hear it's a possibility he saved some lives too. Thing about celebrity deaths is yeah they're rich but they affect so many people. Kobe is someone the whole world knows, this is gonna hurt so many people. Just sad that his wife and 2 other daughters are now without dad and a sister.

Hoping to go to the Staples Center tonight before I go back to Boston. I'm seriously still in shock, everyone here is talking about it.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
That's pretty understandable. You did good work while you were on the team btw, hope you know that didn't go unnoticed

Hey, while we have mods and admins like Hecht viewing the thread, can I get an explanation for why telling an openly gay poster to leave and eat a dick (EAD) isn't punished for being the blatant homophobia it is? https://www.resetera.com/threads/general-guide-to-resetera.9777/#post-21141007
If this is acceptable posting in such a thread then this page is fucking ridiculous

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I rescinded Sanjuro's ban - it was thought that it was more celebration/trolling regarding the news, but it seems it we misread it.
I appreciate it.

I'm a Celtics fan, who was primarily a 90s fan in youth. All of the Boston teams were for the most part dire. Kobe and his rivalry with the late 00s Celtics was one of the greatest highlights in my basketball fandom. It got me, the entire city, excited for high level basketball once again. He was the perfect villain for us at the time. An incredible player. Loved every minute.

Those who know me here know how much I appreciated that.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US

So you post a clearly controversial statement in here and now are trying to get sympathy for being called out on it? Eesh. Take a few mins and try and analyze what actually happened and apply some critical thinking. And what does being openly gay have to do with it, I had no clue you were and it's irrelevant.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
My son (11) does the "Kobe" thing when he has ANYTHING that he can pass over to me. I told him what happened and he said that now he will continue to do it to honor the man. 😢

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
What are you doing Silver?

Games should be canceled today, wtf...

I have to believe some of the later ones are at least being discussed. I can't imagine how either of the home Lakers games this week go on without everyone being in another place mentally, especially the Tuesday one

Still to this day anytime i throw something in the garbage or anything like that i yell out "Kobe!"

Same

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even follow basketball and even I was floored when I saw the news. RIP to an absolute legend, both on court and off.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Really shook right now. RIP.

Wait, so you want to pick and choose when rules apply? Cmon!

If you didn't have anything respectful or nice to say, why say it? Now's not the time.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
My son (11) does the "Kobe" thing when he has ANYTHING that he can pass over to me. I told him what happened and he said that now he will continue to do it to honor the man. 😢
It would be cool to see everyone posting videos of them throwing things while saying "Kobe!" as a tribute. I'd imagine we will be getting something like this on Twitter in the coming days.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017

Hey could you for once not make this about you? Even if you don't like Kobe, 4 other people died, two of them were kids. Its not about what you, and what you can and cannot say, its about having some decency and respect for the people who died and those who want to mourn them. I don't really think its that hard to understand unless you have a problem with empathizing for other people.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

96165271.jpg

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sucks when you think about all the teaching Kobe could have done, and the crazy shit Gianna would have done in high school, college, and beyond in women's basketball.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still just absolutely bummed.

Just a side note: What does it say about someone as a person to see a thread FILLED with people mourning and sad about another individuals death, and then decide that this is the ABSOLUTE BEST MOMENT to come in and start talking shit about that person? Like, if you were at a funeral would you start talking about the guest of honor being an adulterer? Or would you maybe, you know, hold your tongue? Death threads on this site are just a constant reminder of that Ice T quote: "Social media has made people way too comfortable with the idea of being disrespectful and not being punched in the mouth." (I paraphrased.)
Word yo.

Some people just live in a bubble.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish the media wouldn't shove mics and cameras in the faces of people obviously grieving.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I can't imagine what his family must be going through right now to have him and his daughter die at such a young age.

I bet for a lot of people, Kobe Bryant was to them that somebody like Shaq and Michael Jordan were to me as a kid. It's like having a piece of your nostalgia and childhood die and makes the world seem a little more empty than it was yesterday.

That's it exactly, it's like a piece of your childhood is being ripped away. The only other time I was this devastated over a celebrity death was when Robin Williams committed suicide.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I just can't fucking believe this...this is too much.

RIP King and Princess - and the other person's involved....what a horrible accident, I can't imagine what his wife and the family is going through right now. Pray for them !!

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I'm talking out of my ass because I don't know the logistics of it, but I'm surprised the games are still being played today.

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
I'm still just absolutely bummed.

Just a side note: What does it say about someone as a person to see a thread FILLED with people mourning and sad about another individuals death, and then decide that this is the ABSOLUTE BEST MOMENT to come in and start talking shit about that person? Like, if you were at a funeral would you start talking about the guest of honor being an adulterer? Or would you maybe, you know, hold your tongue? Death threads on this site are just a constant reminder of that Ice T quote: "Social media has made people way too comfortable with the idea of being disrespectful and not being punched in the mouth." (I paraphrased.)

I can't define it either. A critical lack of social skills, plain old bad manners, lack of empathy... I don't know if it's some of it or all of it.

You really shouldn't need to spell out these things to functioning adults. If there things that should be pointed out, you do so. But TIME. AND. PLACE.

A world renowned sports icon and his daughter have been dead for barely a few hours.

Just stop for a moment. Think. Observe the world outside yourself for 5 seconds.