• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Updated article from TMZ's homepage.

Auz9wh8.png

sigh.

Fuck :(

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Man I don't follow basketball but obviously I knew Kobe, but hearing his daughter dying as well is some shit. Gone way too easily.

yerrr

Banned
Nov 19, 2019
His wife has to be inconsolable right now jfc...I can't even begin to imagine what that woman is going through.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah because the other victims had no family

obviously what I said.

Honestly you're being purposefully obtuse so it doesn't matter what I or anyone else tells you, but it's probably easier for 5 families to each deal with one loss vs one hypothetical widow losing a husband and four children. The reality is we don't know who the other 3 were, so we can't really even begin to know how to mourn for them.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't even follow basketball all that much, but Kobe Bryant was one of those names you just knew because you heard it everywhere.

Oh man, this is awful to hear...

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not ready to get home and watch everyone on ESPN destroyed by this news

will probably watch Sportscenter for the first time in forever

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
There are still dozens of reports open for this thread. I understand emotions are high, but you have to give the staff time to work, they are not omnipotent. It takes time to process, discuss, and handle the work that needs to be done.

Thanks for saying this, people need to see it when their emotions are on full blast and they're looking for immediate response. I won't claim that moderation here is perfect but I definitely feel you folks are trying to actively listen and improve when needed.

On topic, this is damn awful, even as a non-sports fan. I can't imagine being in that moment with your child as you realize something is wrong, I hope they and the other victims rest in peace.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
41 is too young, 13 is just devastating. Nothing is guaranteed, no time is guaranteed. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Private helicopters and plane seems like they kill a lot of rich people. Would be interesting to see true statistic on this one. I know that small planes kill more people on average too.

When I get rich enough someday, I'll keep flying the bigger airlines.

Helicopters are just more difficult to fly in general and mechanical failures are just way more damaging. At least with a plane you can fly/glide with a single engine and the actually flying part isn't as involved as with a helicopter. After the Leicester city owner dying in a helicopter crash and now Kobe, think the rich and famous are going to rethink using them for travel. Once something goes wrong it's pretty much impossible to recover.

I agree. It seems like flying on helicopters & private jets are more unsafe than flying on major airline planes. I take airlines even if I were rich.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Come on everyone. Can we at least keep the thread on track and not go off the rails?

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Fucked up, RIP. First thing that came to mind was Colin McRae who died in a similar way on his copter with his son.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
I thought no one from his family were in the crash. Fuck, this is horrible a very young life taken.

Oct 29, 2017
Need a non ABC source. they are all over the place.
Kobe is emp
How the fuck is it that TMZ of all outlets are the ones getting everything right? Shameful on ABC and everyone else rushing to report something that isn't completely true.

RIP to all involved in this tragedy.
Remember ABC employed Kobe. There's a lot of raw emotion going there. Also, TMZ doesn't have rely on journalistic integrity to report. Therefore they can get to news quicker.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
Well, now I'm depressed...

People, hug your loved ones, hug your friends, family, significant others, tell them you really love them, life might end when you never expect it. Life is short, sometimes shorter than normal, live a life without regrets, enjoy it, if you have nothing going on, find something to go on, fight, enjoy, you never know.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Was already tragic, but just saw 1 of his daughters too, can't even imagine how his loved ones are feeling.

H3llR8iser

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this, ruin my day. All my friends in China love this man......he's fucking huge in China....RIP Legend and Daughter....

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I don't even know what to say....still in stunned silence.

Been a Lakers fan all my life....Magic and Kobe are my 2 favorite players ever.

This doesn't feel real, I'm sick. Goddamn.

RIP to all the victims and their families.

His poor daughter, that family. :-(

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I want to tune into TNT's broadcast to hear what Shaq has to say. I'm sure all that old beef he had with Kobe was water under the bridge, but he has to be an emotional wreck right now.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely insane..

Thoughts with his wife and kids. Just going about your day and suddenly getting news that your husband and 13 year old daughter are gone now, I don't know that I could ever recover something like that.