• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sick of the good guys winning. Share your favourite instances when they are left in utter despair at their powerlessness and ineptitude. Share your favourite instances when the good guy plot armor is ruthlessly torn apart. Here's my contribution:

Edit: originally had the Berserk Eclipse scene, but decided to change it

Last edited:

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
"At last Fingon stood alone with his guard dead about him; and he fought with Gothmog, until another Balrog came behind and cast a thong of fire about him. Then Gothmog hewed him with his black axe, and a white flame sprang up from the helm of Fingon as it was cloven. Thus fell the High King of the Noldor; and they beat him into the dust with their maces; and his banner, blue and silver, they trod into the mire of his blood."

The Silmarillion

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The end of Avengers: Infinity War is pretty good because of this.

Persona 2: Innocent Sin
After everything the group goes through to defeat evil and save the world, they fail. The core of the group, its "big sister," gets killed, the bad guy wins, and the world is destroyed except for a single floating island. And it's the true ending, not a "bad ending" or anything. I love it.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lMzbtbb.gif

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

Kuma wrecks the entire Strawhat crew as Luffy watches powerless, one of their biggest low points.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR STONE OCEAN
Enrico Pucci vs Everyone..yes I consider Emporio vs Pucci to be a separate fight[\spoiler]

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
When the good guys get stomped and the bad guys win? Real life... ALL THE TIME! You could say we are where we are because the bad guys are always getting their way.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
From Brick

The scene itself isn't actually that special but I love that detail of him putting his glasses away because he knows he's about to get his ass kicked

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Having recently watched through the Skypeia arc of One Piece, I thought Eniru was completely fucking savage. I kept asking myself how in the world they were going to wire w their way out of all the mass killing going on.

Well all those electrified presumably dead people were just unconscious. Like, I'm not sure a single person died in that arc. It was pretty unsatisfying, even though I still loved the arc in general. It was pretty obvious why Luffy would stomp him though.

OP
OP
Kieli

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Here's another one. The hero's party is completely decimated by the Demon King. Only the magician survives.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Ball loves doing this.

18 vs Vegeta. 18 not only defeated him, but also humiliated the prince. It is always delightful watching how Vegeta's pride is destroyed by someone.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was thinking this...
tenor.gif
It is absolutely this for me.

Sitting through that entire scene was the most tense rollercoaster of emotions a piece of media has given me in a very long time. My favorite memory of that entire game was my girlfriend and I reflexively gasping and shouting "NO!" when Abby drops that icy cold "Good". We never react that verbally when watching something.

Oct 25, 2017
I read cape comics so I'm not even know sure where to start I've seen all these characters eat shit like a chump in every way it's possible for someone to do so.

Bane breaking Batman's back is a good one but that's all demolishing over a longer period of time

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Also have to think of this scene from Snatch. Not that he loses, but damn, he takes the beating of a lifetime

Shokunin

Oct 25, 2017
The city beautiful
"At last Fingon stood alone with his guard dead about him; and he fought with Gothmog, until another Balrog came behind and cast a thong of fire about him. Then Gothmog hewed him with his black axe, and a white flame sprang up from the helm of Fingon as it was cloven. Thus fell the High King of the Noldor; and they beat him into the dust with their maces; and his banner, blue and silver, they trod into the mire of his blood."

The Silmarillion
Damn.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
The Eclipse is my favorite single moment that I can't bring myself to rewatch. It's like the Red Wedding. Hits incredibly hard, well done, but holy shit I can't watch it again.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still traumatised by The Eclipse. Basically the most horrifying event imaginable.

Shout out to the red wedding.

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
The first fight of Daredevil season 3 of Daredevil vs. Bullseye.

Murdock starts off strong but gets his ass handed to him when Bullseye puts some distance between the two.

zero_suit

Oct 27, 2017
Dragon Ball loves doing this.

18 vs Vegeta. 18 not only defeated him, but also humiliated the prince. It is always delightful watching how Vegeta's pride is destroyed by someone.

Vegeta finally became a Super Saiyan, trashed Android 19, and then that happened. He couldn't back up the trash talk.