• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I guess they are now letting their Twitter Followers know to stop following:

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Boo.
I had some hope if/when Activision Blizzard was acquired by MS, they'd be put on Crash/Spyro, but this doesn't look great.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Forgive my ignorance but is there any hope for them now that Acitivison is under Microsoft or are they hands off Blizzard?

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
doubt they are going to be some people unhappy.

they are working on diablo 4, which is a big and important IP, more relevant than THPS

Going from working on your own projects to being shoved into a project already years into development doesn't sound that awesome actually.

I imagine some of the people who worked on Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and THPS actually liked those games.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Going from working on your own projects to being shoved into a project already years into development doesn't sound that awesome actually.

I imagine some of the people who worked on Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and THPS actually liked those games.

I mean, they handled Diablo 2 Remastered and it was pretty great.

It's not like when they were under Activision they were working only on their projects, Bungie used them as a support studio for quite some time.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
With them gone and Blue Point supposedly making a new IP we've lost some great remaster studios. They did a hell of a job making the Crash IP relevant again. Hopefully MS will continue the franchise once the acquisition is completely (and it's crazy to think MS will own Crash and Spyro).

DrFreeman

May 9, 2020
doubt they are going to be some people unhappy.

they are working on diablo 4, which is a big and important IP, more relevant than THPS

I get you're intent but it's reasonable to suggest some people working there might not be happy with it, especially given how THPS2 and the N-Sane trilogy were sort of their own projects and how well received those were.

smart patrol

Oct 27, 2017
THPS 1+2 is one of the greatest games ever made. You can tell the devs loved working on it. After years of the franchise struggling they finally brought it back. But it was too good to be true.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I mean, they handled Diablo 2 Remastered and it was pretty great.

It's not like when they were under Activision they were working only on their projects, Bungie used them as a support studio for quite some time.

They didn't always work on their own projects, and now they never get to work on their own projects. Another bolstering of the Activision pipeline like when they did the same to Raven and Neversoft. Everything must be a giant IP otherwise it doesn't matter.

That's before getting into the disgusting leadership and issues at Blizzard that they now get integrated into while it's all shuffling and falling apart. Sounds like a great time.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I forgot about this, so sad to see, they did so much great stuff last gen too, with their stuff in Destiny being consistently some of the best and the great remakes.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
ratking9hj8n.png

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They didn't always work on their own projects, and now they never get to work on their own projects. Another bolstering of the Activision pipeline like when they did the same to Raven and Neversoft. Everything must be a giant IP otherwise it doesn't matter.

That's before getting into the disgusting leadership and issues at Blizzard that they now get integrated into while it's all shuffling and falling apart. Sounds like a great time.
The MS acquisition being finalized and allure to potentially work on other IPs may be enough to keep some who are currently discontent.

Cheat Code

Oct 30, 2017
By the time Microsoft actually own ActiBlizz they'll only have like 3 active IPs left.

This feeding the machine shit is so disheartening. Really hope Microsoft either sell the comatose IPs or do something with them.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
My first real industry job was with vv. Had a fantastic time there, lots of amazing people. Of course the founders left years ago to start Velan, but many talented and smart individuals remain at VV. I just hope the folks there are excited about it all. Last I heard, they were, but obviously blizz has had quite an interesting time the past few years

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I guess they are now letting their Twitter Followers know to stop following:

Damn. That's a shame to see.

What I was hoping for (and I guess could still potentially happen) was after the Microsoft acquisition closes that all the Activision studios that used to make games that are just put on supporting other games would be allowed to make games again. That just makes sense to me since it would give Microsoft more games for Game Pass.

Still hopiong Vicarious Visions and like... Raven can make their own games again one day.

Last edited:

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
Launch server issues aside, I don't know if anyone could have done a better job with Diablo 2 Resurrected. They have a deep understanding of what the game is about and it shows they really did their homework. I don't know how much work they will be putting in on D4 but VV gives me hope it might be pretty good.

May 14, 2021
Congrats on getting able to move to a giant game like Diablo 4. The last time Destiny 2 was good was when these folks made content for it. Hopefully their work on D4 is just as solid.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Absolutely depressing. Guess I can kiss the possibility of good remakes of other Tony Hawk games etc. goodbye.