• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which closure to a storyline are you most excited for?

• Star Wars

Votes: 97 15.5%
  • Avengers

Votes: 296 47.4%
  • Game of Thrones

Votes: 232 37.1%

• Total voters

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised by how few people voted for Star Wars considering the older age of this forum.
A lot of people no longer care about Star Wars. I was a pretty big fan, I remember some things from the old EU and can name some lightsaber fighting styles and still have zero interest in seeing SW in theaters at this point :/. I just feel the whole new trilogy went in a weird reset button fanfiction kind of direction I don't care for. I'm personally more interested in Avengers because I love the cast and their chemistry together on and off screen and that makes it more fun for me.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Game of thrones. Looking forward to endgame but not quite as excited for it. The new star wars trilogy has been disappointing so its kind of just there at this point lol

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
For me, it's GOT and MCU second. TLJ and the whole mess of the story killed Star Wars for me currently.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Avengers

Game of thrones jumped the shark long ago. The writing has been very poor. Hard to stay invested.

And the last jedi ruined star wars for me. I'll still check out ep9 because I trust jj but I'm not really that excited about it

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I think we've had this same thread like 3 or 4 times and the answer is always the same: Avengers.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Okay so Endgame was good but nowhere near as good as GOT 8x02. Pretty disappointed, I hope GOT doesn't shit the bed next week, I would be miserable :/

plau

Oct 30, 2017
None of them. I was never a fan of Avengers or other comic book movies, even though I liked the first movie. I used to like Star Wars and Game of Thrones, but lost interest in both in the last 2 years. It's pretty sad.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
They choked the life out of Star Wars in the most miserable way possible. Hoping they reset and have another cohesive trilogy/set of stories to tell with better direction.

Voted Avengers.

Oct 25, 2017
Well, Endgame totally stuck the landing. Absolutely fantastic and worthy of its praise. I was more excited for the other two prior to this, but we'll have to see if they do such an bang-up job as well.

Nov 6, 2017
It's a toss up between Avenger and GoT.

I was insanely hyped for TFA, but after The Last Jedi and and the new teaser I realized I don't care for Star Wars anymore. And it makes me a little sad, to be honest.

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019
Avengers is actually the only one i give a damn about.

And don't worry. All three franchises won't really end. They will get milked for a long long time to come.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Game of Thrones than Avengers for me.

Star Wars is just another blockbuster movie for me, no weight to it.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy how far Star Wars has fallen. TLJ really did a number on it. I can't see how anyone could argue otherwise. What's the alternative explanation? Solo?

ParanoidRED

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Avengers > GoT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SW

And oh boi if Endgame fuckin delivered :D

Dec 21, 2017
I've got my ticket for Endgame tonight.

I've followed GoT since Episode 1 and my HBO Now subscription at the ready.

TLJ did to Star Wars what Donald Trump did to America.

Endgame > GoT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Star Wars

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't felt this unhyped for Star Wars, ever. This new trilogy is boring me. Hope the franchise shakes things up and moves on from Skywalkers and Friends