• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will we get a rerelease someday?

• Yes

Votes: 126 49.0%
  • No

Votes: 147 57.2%

• Total voters

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
I think it will be somehow implemented into the remake, not all it, maybe just some parts of the story.

I actually quite liked the battle system for this, one of the best games for the PSP.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They won't even port FFT over to the Switch, which is such a slam dunk take my money move I don't know why they haven't done it yet.

Nov 1, 2017
Eyes on Me is a song written and composed by then Square Enix composer Uematsu. While Faye Wong singing the song could be an issue, it's not really when Squeenix owns the song outright I believe. Unlike say Gackt doing music for CC or any licensed music from any Jpop act or Leona Lewis.
I suppose that's true, but it's not like all songs fall in that category right? Like the aforementioned Zero from Bump of Chicken. Anyway's I did some digging and it doesn't seem like Gackt had any musical involvement with Crisis Core, it was only his likeness that was used for Genesis.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Infinite in mystery is the gift of the Goddess

We seek it thus, and take to the sky

Ripples form on the water's surface

The wandering soul knows no rest

No but really, I'd love an HD remaster. Story stuff aside I had a fun time with it.

Or if not a remaster, turn it into an anime ala Last Order.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Square is slowly putting everything they have out again on new consoles and on PC. Crisis Core will happen someday.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
God I hope not. I don't want to see these two assholes again.

Angeal-Genesis-shinra-soldier-35274172-400-227.jpg

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Remake is a great opportunity to reboot the continuity so if there have to be new instalments they can leave the extended universe behind. So hopefully not, give Zack a new game if you must.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Probably not, but PPSSPP is perfect to play it as it is.

Someone just needs to give the 240p video files an AI enhanced upscale and there won't be any need for a remaster at all.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I can imagine them re-releasing a mini remake that cuts out Gackt and uses the FF7 Remake assets.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I can see them leaving out Angeal and Genesis in the remake but Zack is popular enough to make it over just fine.

KennyL

Oct 27, 2017
Parappa PSP to PS4 level of uprezing and hd asset injection would be enough for me.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
I could see a repacking of the 4 supplimental ff7 games (well ac was a movie but yeah) to fluff out the wait between the installments of the proper remake.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
They re-released Judgement without cocaine dude, why can't they just change Gackt's face and remove his songs? Change Genesis' name too if you have to.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Probably not, but I do think we'll get a part of the remake where will get a flashback were we'll play as Zack.

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Like many have said in the thread, I think we'll see an abridged version of the events in one of the later Remake games. There's already a few flashbacks with Zack and they've said they want to flesh things out, so why not just have like 6-8 hours where you play through some of Zack's story.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
It's strange how the game never got released digitally. With 7R coming it'd be a great time to release so people can play as Zack again.
Fwiw, this is what Nomura said last year:
Tetsuya Nomura Hints at FF7 Remake Spinoffs, Including Revisiting Compilation of Final Fantasy VII

"I'm thinking about ideas regarding the remake's release – I even spoke to producer Kitase about it today. All of us old-timers are considering various developments in regards to what accompanies the remake. Like if we can manage to do something about the [Compilation of Final Fantasy VII] titles too. But for the time being, please wait for VII's turn to come."

Source.

I'd personally hope the Compilation stuff is only used as easter eggs or simple mentions (like the Banora White poster in the train station in the FFVIIR demo).

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I hope not, personally. Never cared for what it did with the story and didn't like how it treated Aerith's character and then eventually Cloud's by extension in Advent Children with the 'living legacy' crap.

Plus going off the recent Remake trailer, the Sephiroth vision is using Zack's dying words to mock Cloud, but Cloud shouldn't even know what those words mean yet, he's still in his Zack-fugue state, so why do they have an effect on him at all? That leans towards CC's canon rather than the OG so I think it's likely CC's story will be woven into Remake rather than re-released, for better or for worse.

Last edited:

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I wondered if they might do like Type 0 HD & Episode Duscae and release a port with a demo for FF7 but I think the window for that has probably closed now.
But as others have said I'd prefer if they included elements of Zack's story from CC into remake and maybe expand upon it.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see a reason for SQE to not do it. It's a PSP game, which is way easier to remaster than a PS1 game. After they give us not only localized Seiken 3 but also its remake, anything is possible now.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Tetsuya Nomura say he'd raised the idea of Compilation titles being re released to support the FF7 remake? I would be surprised if we saw it in between parts 1 and 2.