• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will Trump attend?

• Yes

Votes: 72 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 935 92.9%

• Total voters

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
98% he doesn't attend. But there is a small chance, he is convinced to go just for the sake of appearances, then immediately regrets it on Twitter.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Dude will disappear into the night on the Marine One, waving goodbye and giving up cheesy thumbs up and shrugs and random points to absolutely nobody. He will then exist solely on Twitter for at least a year.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
Yes he will just so he can claim most of the inauguration crowd was there for him to congratulate him on a great term as president.

Oct 29, 2017
He's a draft-dodging puss, so expecting him to hold his head up high and comport himself with dignity would be a tremendous waste of energy.

Nov 2, 2019
He will disappear and hide and not attend because, on the backs of today's Trump v Vance ruling, I'm sure the State of New York will have some indictments unsealed on precisely 12:00 pm on January 20th and he wants to be AWOL when that happens.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Doubt it. Dude's gonna be crying that the election was illegitimate on Twitter while his shit is moved out of the White House. If he is there, he will looks miserable as can be.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Are you kidding? The moment the polls get near to closing he will be on the first 1st class flight he can book to Moscow hoping he can fight extradition for the rest of his miserable bloated life...

Or something like that...

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I expect he would be far gone by that point, not even in the US.
Everyone will be coming him.

Jeffolation

Shinra Employee
Oct 30, 2017
In the event that he does lose the election he certainly won't attend. He's wayyy too sensitive and he'll be too upset and paranoid and the other shoe dropping on all his criminalities.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
November 4th...

zSuvdxNAFAYT14ygoREaXbD0oM4=.gif

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
FDR is more likely to show up than Trump. The only reason why Trump would show up is if they either gave him immunity for all of his previous crimes or they gave him one last platform to speak.

I legit hope that during the transition period, Biden and co just ignore Trump and his cronies. "We're effectively starting from scratch, so we don't really need you here."

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I highly doubt it. He has done everything he could to avoid tradition. He only does things if it benefits him. He is definitely not even going to acknowledge the election as legit for the two months he's still in office no matter what. As was said, he will spend that day either golfing or holding yet another rally. I just hope by that point his followers see him as a loser and don't bother to show up. So golf it'll be.

November can't come fast enough. January doubly so.

Nov 6, 2017
This is assuming there will even be an inauguration in the traditional sense. The virus will still be in full swing around that time, and I'd hope that Biden instead chooses to host the inauguration in a more intimate setting while still televising it.

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017
Wow I'm in the minority here, I find it impossible to imagine Trump skipping an event where he gets to be very important president trump

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Under no circumstances would this happen.

Wow I'm in the minority here, I find it impossible to imagine Trump skipping an event where he gets to be very important president trump

As much as he likes to insult people by calling them losers, you really think he'd show up to an event with someone who he lost against?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
100%. He loves pomp and will want to play the role of President until the bitter end. Not to say he won't be a real piece of shit for the entire lame duck period, and he'll absolutely talk shit about Biden and how it was a mistake to remove him from office. If Biden extends the invite, Trump will attend.
I agree, I think the need to be part of the pageantry of the whole thing will supersede his resentment at losing.

He'll have a rally that day. A rally for what, you say? For whatever. I fully anticipate him continuing to have rallies if he loses. His ego demands it.
Problem is, who's going to pay for them? He sure as hell won't

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I agree, I think the need to be part of the pageantry of the whole thing will supersede his resentment at losing.

Problem is, who's going to pay for them? He sure as hell won't

His dipshit base. The donation emails wont stop. He'll transition from a campaign to a telemarketing scheme.

EDIT: He's going to try and run some half ass Facebook/Fox News and he'll soak up as much money from his marks as he can get.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
He definitely won't be present. However, he'll tweet: "WHAT? I WAS THERE!!!! THE FAKE MEDIA IS SPREADING LIES!!!!"

Followed up with a poor photoshop of him being there...

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
There's a reason people are speculating weather or not he'll even leave the white house if he loses.

greatgeek

Oct 25, 2017
More likely that he'll have a rival event that day, and he'll invite GOP officials.; it would be telling (wrt to the GOP's future) how many went.

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
He will be live on FOX/OAN takling shit how he was robbed and talking how his inauguration looked better and had bigger crowds.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
He's not going to be in the country my dude

He's gone. He's going to hide because crimes

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Not a chance. Once he loses he's skulking back to Florida, emerging occasionally to issue pardons for his family and accomplices.

50/50 chance he puts Pence in charge of transition vs. Him just ordering his people not to cooperate with the transition team.

Small chance he outright resigns so Pence can pardon him, rather than do it himself and risk a legal challenge.