• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

anastiel

Banned
Mar 14, 2019
thegamefestival returns tomorrow to @Steam with 40+ new games you can play at home, which were originally set for GDC. This is the Spring edition of @thegamefestival

ETVyR7BU4AA2dt0

twitter.com

Geoff Keighley on Twitter

“Surprise! @thegamefestival returns tomorrow to @Steam with 40+ new games you can play at home, which were originally set for GDC. This is the Spring edition of @thegamefestival”

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Loved the one at The Game Awards, so hopefully this has more games I'm interested in!

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like this is going to be a regular thing. It's a great idea, as it showcases a bunch of games in the luxury of own home.

Oct 25, 2017
At least this one runs over the weekend. The Game Awards one sucked because it was two week-days.

Looking forward to trying more games.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Really loved this the first time around during TGA. Hoping I get a chance to try a bit of everything this time.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see a Summer Game Festival where there are E3-like demos, especially since the actual event isn't happening.

Skate Bird was a little finicky for me but Carrion rules and I'll definitely pick that up. I downloaded System Shock as well during the last one, but I never got around to playing it :-/

Real glad I'm on vacation from work this week.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Made a list of all the demos available

- We Are the Caretakers
- Hundred Days: Winemaking Simulator
- Quench
- Backworlds
- HyperParasite
- Neon Noodles
- Mystic Pillars
- Tunche
- We should talk.
- Filament
- Going Under
- Sons of Ra
- Duster
- Evan's Remains
- Superliminal
- Pushy and Pully in Blockland
- Lord Winklebottom Investigates
- Later Daters
- Heavenly Bodies
- Chicory: A Colorful Tale
- Neverinth
- Embr
- A Space for the Unbound
- KungFu Kickball
- Mighty Fight Federation
- Moncage
- Coffee Talk
- EleMetals: Death Metal Death Match!
- Operencia: The Stolen Sun
- Garden Story
- Roki
- She Dreams Elsewhere
- Eldest Souls
- Divisadero
- Haven
- Retrograde Arena
- Jack Axe
- Klang 2
- Curious Expedition 2
- Jay & Silent Bob: Mall Brawl
- Aeolis Tournament
- Liberated
- When The Past Was Around
- Rising Hell
- Vigil: The Longest Night
- Hazel Sky
- Spiritfarer
- Recompile
- Raji: An Ancient Epic

Also listed but may or may not have demos:

- Playcraft
- Tinytopia
- Plasticity
- Cloudpunk
- SkateBird
- Disc Room
- Necronator: Dead Wrong
- ScourgeBringer
- Drill Man Rumble
- The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos
- Say No! More
- Orbitals

Last edited:

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Made a list of all the demos available

- We Are the Caretakers
- Hundred Days: Winemaking Simulator
- Quench
- Backworlds
- HyperParasite
- Neon Noodles
- Mystic Pillars
- Tunche
- We should talk.
- Filament
- Going Under
- Sons of Ra
- Duster
- Evan's Remains
- Superliminal
- Pushy and Pully in Blockland
- Lord Winklebottom Investigates
- Later Daters
- Heavenly Bodies
- Chicory: A Colorful Tale
- Neverinth
- Embr
- A Space for the Unbound
- KungFu Kickball
- Mighty Fight Federation
- Moncage
- Coffee Talk
- EleMetals: Death Metal Death Match!
- Operencia: The Stolen Sun
- Garden Story
- Roki
- She Dreams Elsewhere
- Eldest Souls
- Divisadero
- Haven
- Retrograde Arena
- Jack Axe
- Klang 2
- Curious Expedition 2
- Jay & Silent Bob: Mall Brawl
- Aeolis Tournament
- Liberated
- When The Past Was Around
- Rising Hell
- Vigil: The Longest Night
- Hazel Sky
- Spiritfarer
- Recompile
- Raji: An Ancient Epic
- Playcraft
- Tinytopia
- Plasticity
- Cloudpunk
- SkateBird
- Disc Room
- Necronator: Dead Wrong
- ScourgeBringer
- Drill Man Rumble
- The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos
- Say No! More

I think a few of those are just highlighted alongside these demos? Like the more from whatever company sections.

Doesn't seem like all of the demos are up yet.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think a few of those are just highlighted alongside these demos? Like the more from whatever company sections.

None of the headers are publishers. They are all festival groups. So I would assume all the games listed are part of the promotion.

But you are right that not all the demos seem to be up. Steam in general seems to be faltering right now.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
None of the headers are publishers. They are all festival groups. So I would assume all the games listed are part of the promotion.

But you are right that not all the demos seem to be up. Steam in general seems to be faltering right now.

Oh okay, festival groups, but given the wording, it seems like they are promoting other games that won't get demos ala being highlighted. Would love to play Cloudpunk if it does become playable through.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh okay, festival groups, but given the wording, it seems like they are promoting other games that won't get demos ala being highlighted. Would love to play Cloudpunk if it does become playable through.

SkateBird is in the same heading and is also supposed to have a demo, so we'll see I guess.

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Interested in SkateBird solely based on concept and trailer. Animations did seem a bit off but they are small chunky birds.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I restarted and still can't download them.
Edit: Second restart did the trick.
Edit2: Back to having issues. Can't download anything, and a number of the listed games don't have a button to even press to download.

Last edited:

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm... Neverinth is very much listed under the demo section, but no demo on the page

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
So first time hearing about this. Are those demos brand new ? Meaning they weren't available until today ? And they will be available for a limited time ?

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Well Plasticity got a demo now, so I guess those other ones in the more from section will have demos afterall.

So many games! >_<

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Haven't checked yet but Spiritfarer might have the same demo as TGA from last year.
Got an email from Thunder Lotus:
Sounds familiar! Is this the same demo I played at [my favorite game convention]?

Pretty much, yes - with a little polish added here and there. Count yourself lucky if you were one of the first few to actually play this demo since we announced the game. This opens up that possibility to millions of other people, so we're super excited about this - and we hope you'll tell your friends to check it out too! (You can even play co-op via Steam's new Remote Play Together feature!)

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Cloudpunk is on that but the steam page itself doesn't mention anything special; am I missing something?

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Enjoyed my time with Superliminal and definitely interested in how crazy it can go. It certainly has the potential.

Deleted member 42472

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 21, 2018
Cool beans

Eying River City Girls after the GB stream a day or two ago and hoping Valve do an impromptu steam sale with the "spend X dollars and get a coupon" deal that makes stuff like Battle Brothers DLC more palatable.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I was finally able to download everything I wanted, except for Moncage, which still doesn't work.
Cool beans

Eying River City Girls after the GB stream a day or two ago and hoping Valve do an impromptu steam sale with the "spend X dollars and get a coupon" deal that makes stuff like Battle Brothers DLC more palatable.
Think you may have meant this for another thread. This thread is about new and upcoming indie games being featured in the game festival on steam.