• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
SummoningSalt about to premiere his new video, I'll post it later.

www.twitch.tv

Summoningsalt - Twitch

Summoningsalt streams live on Twitch! Check out their videos, sign up to chat, and join their community.

edit

Like always this was FANTASTIC!

Seriously had no idea that Wii Sports Golf Resort could be this compelling to watch but its a SSalt video so I had to know better :D

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Might be worth it's own thread

Billy Mitchell is suing Karl Jobst for reporting on his reinstated world record.
Wow, very Trumpian. Karl mentioned he's working on a future video about Mitchell during his Guinness video. I'm not a lawyer but this sounds like a SLAPP suit to me where Mitchell wants to intimidate Karl and prevent him from talking about Mitchell's records again.

edit: btw, thanks for making this thread dmr87 . Not really into speedrunning but those two channels make fascinating content.

Last edited:

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Ha I'm subscribed to both as well.

Summoning Salt is one of the GOAT creators. Incredible dedicated work. Watched all of his videos at least trice, usually before bed.

OP
OP
dmr87

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
For folks who have not seen it yet.
Seriously fantastic work I truly truly hope he wins and this case never even goes to trail.

Man this sucks so hard :(
e6ed4483_o.png

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Watched Apollo Legend untill I found out he was trash then found summoning salt and never looked back. Karl guy seems cool as well.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
If I were to guess I would say it is someone thinking that the civil court system works off of who is right and finding out how much more justice money can buy.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
I wouldn't trust Karl either given his following list, which has a very questionable mix of normal people you'd want to follow and then garbage like hey, Apollo Legend. I need a whole lot of proof from him before I'd be fine watching.

Apollo Legend is a giant shitheel and always has been. I won't shed a tear seeing him gone. He's done nothing but attempt to stir up drama, supports white supremacist morons like rwhitegoose, creates fake controversy and yes he tried to create his own speedrun marathon and faked that whole thing too. He's a giant moron and you should want him gone from youtube. He is absolutely not part of the speedrunning community and has done nothing but attempt to use it for personal gain.

jimtothehum

Mar 23, 2018
I just learned about Summoning Salt not too long ago and went down a total rabbit hole on youtube. So good.

OP
OP
dmr87

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
New video watch party, will link the Youtube later.

www.twitch.tv

Summoningsalt - Twitch

Summoningsalt streams live on Twitch! Check out their videos, sign up to chat, and join their community.

edit

Matt Turk returns!

Last edited:
OP
OP
dmr87

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Angrylanks is streaming if you want to follow the grind for sub 9:50 Contra, new strat with a ~1.5 second save.

DSync

Oct 27, 2017
The best thing about Summoning Salt is when he's talking and then suddenly Home starts playing

Shits sooooo good

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
funny that this video was posted a couple days after Looper broke the 18 minute barrier in Doom 2. I wonder if he'll do a video on that. zero master is a good choice though. hes got ton of world firsts and will probably take the doom 2 record back at some point

I'd love a video about Looper's record, but it would be like 3 hours long since the run is basically 30 single level speedruns mashed together.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
Watched Karl Jobst Donkey Kong video yesterday. Very thorough explaination of how the game works and how to score points.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Man...zoomed in, low bitrate stream n64 footage looks really rough.

It seems PAL gamers, especially in a racer have a huge advantage. I'm surprised it's even an option for a speedrunning community.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Just finish watching the 32/32 video and I'm smiling. I jumped back and forth between rooting for the Alliance and Matthias throughout the entire thing, which I think speaks to how ultimately wholesome the efforts on part of all of the competitors were and to Summoning Salt's ability to tell a good story. Regardless though, Matthias' absolute skill can't be denied. And who knows; maybe he'll sneak that last record in under everyone's noses.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I love watching Summoning Salt. Never heard of Karl Jobst, but I'll check him out too.

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Just finish watching the 32/32 video and I'm smiling. I jumped back and forth between rooting for the Alliance and Matthias throughout the entire thing, which I think speaks to how ultimately wholesome the efforts on part of all of the competitors were and to Summoning Salt's ability to tell a good story. Regardless though, Matthias' absolute skill can't be denied. And who knows; maybe he'll sneak that last record in under everyone's noses.
is there some kinda gentleman's agreement that you submit your times the day you achieve them? dude could've just waited until he had all 32 and submitted a bunch at once instead of effectively telling everyone 'hey I'm 1 away hurry and grind out a wr before I get 32' time and time again

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
is there some kinda gentleman's agreement that you submit your times the day you achieve them? dude could've just waited until he had all 32 and submitted a bunch at once instead of effectively telling everyone 'hey I'm 1 away hurry and grind out a wr before I get 32' time and time again
Hmm. You know, you have a point. I have no idea why he didn't do that. Maybe it is an unspoken rule. I dunno, I'm not good enough to compete. xD

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
It really sucks he never got the 32/32, I was sitting there like "come on" when they showed the DK lap like it was the run and then he went too far left.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking the same thing the entire time.

I think it speaks to their sportsmanship. They wanted to always give people the chance to beat a record as soon as they got it.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
The truth is Matthias clearly enjoyed the sport of it, otherwise he could have easily gotten 32/32 by staying under the radar and uploading all his world records at the same time. The Alliance also enjoyed breaking his records, and the competition elevated everyones game. Many of the best sports stories don't have a "happy ending", because the drama of coming up short is just as compelling.