• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

- Just my opinion but this is all to make people believe that Trump is the only one that wants to help people even when it's nothing, but that's the plan from them,

last ditch to help Trump anyway possible, have to let him spin it somehow

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These people need to be held accountable. Jail time.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
House Bill passed many months ago. Pelosi was willing to shave a trillion. GOP didn't budge. That's not how this works. GOP stonewalling. This is not a good faith negotiation.

Big Boss

Oct 27, 2017
This should be casual for riots bruh. Shit is crazy.

This shit is gonna get entangled with the 2021 budget negotiations. Watch

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
User Banned (3 days): advocating violence
Sharpen those Guillotine's people.

Inyourprime

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky better give Turtle hell everywhere he goes, if he's bold enough to show his face in public.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Fuck politicians
Politicians putting re-election above their duties should be a felony

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Hope these stonewalling fucks catch it and suffer at least a little bit. God damn this fucking country right now. Fuck.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
So we are stuck with Trumps EO until september? I need umeployment benefits to pay rent. :( $300 is better than nothing.
The EO was garbage and didn't work. It was a political move that failed.

Mnunichin was on the business morning shows saying he wants more stimulus.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa

- Just my opinion but this is all to make people believe that Trump is the only one that wants to help people even when it's nothing, but that's the plan from them,

last ditch to help Trump anyway possible, have to let him spin it somehow

It may be the intention but I do not think it is going to be the outcome.

I think with how desperate people are right now, folks are going to be really fucking angry that their government is not providing and this is not going to do a goddamn thing to help Trump no matter how he spins it, quite the contrary. Republicans control the Senate and the White House, they are ultimately responsible and all eyes right now are on them.

He might be able to rile sections of his base up by spinning bullshit narratives, but it will not sway the election or overall public perception in his favour one single iota. Yelling "FAR LEFT DEMOCRATS" isn't very effective while hundreds of thousands are dying and tens of millions are destitute and on the verge of homelessness and starvation.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this backfires on the Republicans. Consistent with how they always behave but what a cruel way to govern.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Eat the rich.

Seriously, none of them should be allowed to go home until they do their job and take care of the nation that literally can't afford to wait.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this backfires on the Republicans. Consistent with how they always behave but what a cruel way to govern.

The last government shutdown blew up in their faces. This is even more terrible, in terms of affecting Americans, so it almost certainly will.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that's going to have real consequences for people. The Senate and the Trump admin have completely broken this government, and the long shutdown we had two years ago should have been evidence enough that it's utterly dysfunctional and unworkable.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
award_full.jpg

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
User Banned (1 day): advocating violence
God I'm not an American but I am so fucking angry and heartbroken for what is happening to folks in that country. The GOP needs to be relegated to the dustbins of history, preferably via woodchippers and guillotines if not via the electoral process. Fuck these people to hell.

Ominym

Oct 25, 2017
If I were a Senate Democrat I'd still show up every day and make a point to broadcast it live.

If Republicans aren't willing to sit down and do the work you should highlight it over and over again. Don't let people think you're taking vacation too.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019
Viridia
I have rarely seen even in fictions such blatantly, explicitly corrupt arm of a government doing everything in its power (and even outside of it) to obstruct vital, life saving progress for many of its own citizens.

Real life US Senate in Trump years should comfortably place within top 10 if someone would bother to rank the most blatantly corrupt government branch in fictions.

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking hell. I worried it'd come to this, but I thought they'd budge a *little* bit before the recess. Just absolute dereliction of duty. Wow.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
People are reaching their breaking point. If this goes on much longer 'making their lives hell' is going to be the least of these peoples problems.
Eat the rich.

Seriously, none of them should be allowed to go home until they do their job and take care of the nation that literally can't afford to wait.
Clearly the idea of losing their jobs doesn't motivate them so they need to be motivated by the idea that going home to their families might be a bad idea until they take care of their duties.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Eviction moratorium is gone, no one is getting the $600 any more... it's way rougher now than it was before the virus. People are going to be put out on the street and not be able to feed their family.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
"This is the Democrats' fault."

"But you have a majori..."

"DEMTARDS!"

I wouldnt put it past them to let things further go to shit on purpose and try to blame the left, but supposedly this is all Republican infighting.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine adjourning during a time of crisis during a pandemic, that makes sense.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
None of them should be allowed to go home until something passes. People are gonna be homeless with no relief in sight. GOP don't give a fuck.

Dec 31, 2017
Absolutely unacceptable. This is seriously fucked up. They procrastinated this and now it's too late, and they are going on fucking vacation?

They're probably trying to make Trump look like the savior but he clearly can't do shit about this either.