• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
There is no way Nintendo puts games outside of their Hardware. It will totally invalidate any reason to buy their consoles.

They should put the Mario Maker building part on other platforms with better touchscreens or a better input device for level editors though. I am excited for Mario Maker 2 but not looking forward to building levels with the Switch touchscreen. Or they should implement mouse support for this game.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
They should put the Mario Maker building part on other platforms with better touchscreens or a better input device for level editors though. I am excited for Mario Maker 2 but not looking forward to building levels with the Switch touchscreen. Or they should implement mouse support for this game.
I mean, knowing how they havent really used the touchscreen, I wouldnt be surprised it is not usable in Mario Maker 2. Which is fucking annoying. I really wanted to use it for Pokemon yet... nope.

Hopefully, this means that Nintendo will get someone with some knowledge create the next eShop and internet functionality. Cause goddam they are bottom tier.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, knowing how they havent really used the touchscreen, I wouldnt be surprised it is not usable in Mario Maker 2. Which is fucking annoying. I really wanted to use it for Pokemon yet... nope.

Hopefully, this means that Nintendo will get someone with some knowledge create the next eShop and internet functionality. Cause goddam they are bottom tier.

Yeah. Also missed it in BotW for some quick inventory management. But honestly, if they don't offer touchscreen support for Mario Maker 2, why even bother? The best thing about Mario Maker on Wii U was to use the touchscreen of the gamepad for level creation.

The DeNA partnership is over, isn't it? Were they involved in the store creation or only for some parts of the infrastructure and some mobile games?

Also Steam Link for Switch, when?

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
I still have a hard time believing Nintendo is gonna allow Xbox games on their console. It doesn't sound like something they would do. But, there is enough smoke that I guess it's happening. Crazy times.

Steam Link for Switch would be life changing for me.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Don't know where else to post this
MTnpdyh.png

https://twitter.com/thatJaneNg/status/1098829710132359168

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
There is no way Nintendo puts games outside of their Hardware. It will totally invalidate any reason to buy their consoles.

Can't this be said for MS? No idea why they would do this. Why would I buy an Xbox ever? I would just get the system with games from both companies as would most people.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Can't this be said for MS? No idea why they would do this. Why would I buy an Xbox ever? I would just get the system with games from both companies as would most people.
MS is transitioning to a service company and wants their games to be in as much devicea as possible to sell the service (both cloud and gamepass). They also dont see switch as a competitor for them but as a complementary device (case in point most switch owners own other consoles).

Edit: Xbox console will just be a top-ish of the line pc for gamers, while they want to break into other markets. Same with the possible Google and Amazon gaming divisions.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
The sooner the big 3 evolve to become services rather than hardware constrained nonsense, the better. Play your games anywhere in the world with internet, at any time, on any device.

As long as there remains an option to download the files locally, I'm game.

Console space endgame is very likely SmartTV apps. Or, really just apps in general.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So who is the first retailer to put out a "Get Anthem free with Fallout 76" offer?

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
Anthem with 62 on metacritic

Andromeda with a 72

Inquisition with an 85

Kinda feel bad for only playing Inquisition for like 5 or 6 hrs before dropping it. It was kinda boring and I had something else going on at the time. May have to revisit it and play it through to the end since its probably gonna wind up being the last above average game BioWare makes. If Anthem doesn't sell enough units they are probably getting the axe. Or they are gonna have so much pressure on them going forward its gonna cause to them to fuck up badly with wtvr thing they do next.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
While this type of reactions are understandable it's also why I've been against the common advice of starting the series with 0. Zero offers so much, so finely put together that a PS2 remaster afterwards can be too much of an 'downgrade'.

I was similarly let down by Kiwami's ending, but otherwise yeah, game's alright and Yakuza. Also why I'd say the side stories are def worthwhile.
well they released 0 before kiwami so i didn't have much of a choice :shrug:

Is referring to "verbs" and "nouns" as the actions you perform in a game and the themes of the game's world respectively a new trend in videogame critique, or has this been going on for a while now? I expanded my podcast horizons a while ago, and I keep hearing it on Waypoint, Crate and Crowbar, and Video Games Hot Dog. Never heard this terminology on Giant Bomb or 8-4, for example.
it's a pretty old thing in game design, but reviewers might've caught up to that recently

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Is New Dawn an okay game to play on its own? Far Cry games aren't really known for their story so I am more in it for the game play. Last Far Cry I played was Far Cry 3. In hindsight, I should have bought Far Cry 5 for $20 on Steam last week :(

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking about "verbs" seems pretty natural, after all, describing actions is literally what a verb is, just as "nouns" seems natural to talk about the meaningful objects in the game, the ones you see and interact with.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
wow that AC Odyssey CPU usage is no joke... going to have to play with the settings to get this thing at a stable 60

Andromeda with a 72

Inquisition with an 85

Kinda feel bad for only playing Inquisition for like 5 or 6 hrs before dropping it. It was kinda boring and I had something else going on at the time. May have to revisit it and play it through to the end since its probably gonna wind up being the last above average game BioWare makes. If Anthem doesn't sell enough units they are probably getting the axe. Or they are gonna have so much pressure on them going forward its gonna cause to them to fuck up badly with wtvr thing they do next.

It's a slog and Dragon Age imo has always had a dreadfully dull mythos.

I was actually thinking for a long time about the game that Anthem reminds me of, structurally, and I realized this morning that it was Too Human, which was actually not terrible.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
Is New Dawn an okay game to play on its own? Far Cry games aren't really known for their story so I am more in it for the game play. Last Far Cry I played was Far Cry 3. In hindsight, I should have bought Far Cry 5 for $20 on Steam last week :(

FC5 was actually only 15$ on steam. A few bucks cheaper even on uplay. But yea that price was crazy considering how well it sold for them last year and 75%+ off in less than a year from release for a Ubisoft title is kinda rare.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Quantum Break was a real disappointment with way too much slow walking so I hope Control will be much better. Tho I might replay Quantum Break just because I upgraded my computer and it was gorgeous. Rtx in Control is going to be mad.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018

Andromeda with a 72

Inquisition with an 85

It was boring and it remains boring, no reason to keep playing, it's all the same. And they even force you to grind "Power Points" in order to proceed with the main quest.
It's really sad Bioware went from Baldur's Gate to something like Anthem, even sadder the fact Andromeda, their supposed "B-Team" title, reviewed better than Anthem.

I can't really tell if it's EA's fault for mandating those GAAS titles or if Bioware, somehow, has some freedom to do what they want and they decided to create such a game, but really, the time of great single-player rpgs is almost gone.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
FC5 was actually only 15$ on steam. A few bucks cheaper even on uplay. But yea that price was crazy considering how well it sold for them last year and 75%+ off in less than a year from release for a Ubisoft title is kinda rare.

Woops yea $20CAD (which is actually cheaper than $15USD because TrudeuBucks are horrible. Stupid me! It will probably be on sale for a similar price in the next Uplay sale though.

Stallion Free

Oct 29, 2017
Crackdown 3 ended before I was tired of the gameplay loop. Barely drove cars at all for the entire run. I don't feel bad at all spending 8 or so hours playing. Would probably contemplate 100%ing it down the line even.

On to Forza Horizon 4 and Ashen!

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan

Andromeda with a 72

Inquisition with an 85

Anthem is a weird game for me. I understand the awful scores, but I've also had fun with it from what I've played. It's going to be interesting to see what it is 6 months or a year from now. It's been fun to have random people matchmake into a mission, but I do think that a month from now the game could be dead on PC.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
The thing is console manufacturers don't make much, if any money on console sales. In the past they made money on first party games and accessories, and then online services became the real money maker. Game Pass and xStream or whatever its called is the next step in new ways for these companies to make money. So if they have the ability to offer those services on any device, then it's a win for them. They are making money from a new revenue source that didn't exist before.

It's an argument I bring up with Sony releasing games on PC. Right now they get $0 a year from me because I don't own a PlayStation. I'd love to play God of War and Spider-Man, but not enough to go buy a console. But if they released their games on PC, I'd buy them, which would be a new revenue stream that didn't exist before.

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

Private companies lay off too and have their own expectations to meet. Valve has laid off before as well.

Not sure what those posts are supposed to mean. At least at a public company I walk away with shares from the company I can continue to hold or sell off as I see fit.

I think it's hard for people to rationalize there is no safety anywhere in the business. Big, small , public, private entertainment is not a stable business. Some people get lucky and land places and do incredibly long stints but that is super rare.

Bad Advice

Jan 8, 2019
guys finally did it

I have a 3 monitor setup. been dreaming of this my whole life and now I have finally fulfilled my dream. I am so happy^^ cost me a fair bit of money at a non optimal time but I have been waiting ages. said fuck it and bought the two monitors and a stand today.

current setup: Asus VS248 + Asus VG248 + Asus VS248

what is a good software for cpu/gpu temperature monitoring? I also want it to look nice, I am not up for that Windows 98 look.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
After Crackdown it is so hard to go back to a sandbox without flying essentially. Even Agents of Mayhem feels like a slog now and you have triple jumps. May just have to replay SR 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.