• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DocSeuss

Oct 25, 2017
Dude... video says exclusive gameplay footage, not exclusive. Stop with this console war nonsense.

lol who knows. I don't know even what the hell he tries to talk about in the whole post... XIII? Isn't it like 2 console generations ago?

this isn't console war nonsense, this is just "why are they calling this footage exclusive when literally every platform is represented today" (except Switch? I haven't seen any Switch footage yet but I also haven't had my coffee)

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
this isn't console war nonsense, this is just "why are they calling this footage exclusive when literally every platform is represented today" (except Switch? I haven't seen any Switch footage yet but I also haven't had my coffee)
Because they have published exclusively such video gameplay? And in what way remind something about sony of 2 generation ago has to do with this if not console warring?

Last edited:

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
There is no exclusive gameplay.
Just because Playstation likes to label everything Playstation and exclusive, does not make it Playstation exclusive
Exclusive gameplay video montage. For the fuck sake. The level of obtusity of some poster is something else. I can't believe we need to explain such thing.

Last edited:

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
What the fuck are you talking about?
MS has nothing to do with The Outer World trailers, press events and everything related to the game marketing, it's all on Take-Two.
Private Division is publishing the game on ALL platforms, they have the publishing deals even if Obsidian and The Outer Worlds are owned by MS.

Of course it's marketing, publishing and everything related to the launch of the game, Private Division is even publishing the game on Xbox.
I was talking about your statement saying MS had nothing to do with TOW. Seeing as you meant marketing, publishing, and everything related to the launch of the game, I will still have to disagree with the marketing. I don't think it was Take Two was the one who got The Outer Worlds to open MS' E3 presser, or having the game prominently on Xbox.com. Like, cmon now. Sure, PD definitely owns the rights and makes decisions on how the game launches...I don't disagree at all. But it's very clear MS has put a hand in hyping up TOW...it is their IP.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
MS buying Obsidian has injected a whole new level of needlessly stupid console warring into Outer Worlds threads. Can't wait to have the "who has publishing rights to the hypothetical sequel to this game that isn't even out yet" argument to spring up again in this thread.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Exclusive gameplay video montage. For the fuck sake. The level of obtusity of some poster is something else. Unbelievable. I can't believe we need to explain such thing.
Montage or footage? Montage would be B-roll provided by the publisher and something that all the outlets would play and it all would be the same. Footage is each outlet being given a build of the game to play by themselves, so all would be different "exclusive" footage.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
No time to watch yet, but does the gun combat still look a bit "meh"? This was the one thing I didn't like since the reveal.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Whats the overall impression so far?

people seem to be digging it a bunch

Giant Bomb's video was really positive, too—including specific praise for the combat and movement, oddly enough! I haven't seen or read all of the coverage yet, but what I have come across has been, well, glowing basically.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It just means that, for this round of previews, at least some portion of the footage shown isn't in any other video, or it's the only ps4 footage being shown, or a combination of those.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
watching the Eurogamer footage right now. real curious as to how this scales onto the switch. there's a lot of broken sightlines, so that should help a lot

DocSeuss

Oct 25, 2017
Are PC Gamer and RPS using PC footage? DocSeuss also said VG 247 is using PC build afaik.

What baffles me is, watching the VG247 footage, maybe the person is just not trying to play in an interesting way, but... this doesn't look like a fun game from the FPS perspective, which is really worrying seeing as how there's SO MUCH SHOOTING in it.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Man, everything about this game looks excellent and everyone who has played it says the same thing.

I'm really surprised there seems to be a lack of enthusiasm on this site for it.

The makers of fallout new Vegas are making a new rpg and there's not much hype for it

Last edited:

aesync

Jan 19, 2018
Chicago
Immensely excited for this, and really happy it's on Switch! Having my first kid in a few weeks and I can already see it's going to be the console I'll probably be playing exclusively for a while on my long commutes.

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
Previews looking great and the graphics look good on PC can't wait to dive in this in October. Need a good first person RPG in my life.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I've been watching a bunch of these videos and man this game is looking great. And only being ~20 hours? Perfect.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
I will try this on Gamepass day one and probably love it.

This is also gonna be day one on PC Gamepass too right ?

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Man, everything about this game looks excellent and everyone who has played it says the same thing.

I'm really surprised there seems to be a lack of enthusiasm on this site for it.

The makers of fallout new Vegas are making a new rpg and there's not much hype for it

I'm pretty excited about it. I had it pegged as one of my fall purchases until I remembered it's a fallout and I'd be insane to spend money on it and play it at release when it's going to be a fucking disastrous wasteland of bugs. That shit isn't charming to me and I'm not gonna pay a premium for it anymore.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm pretty excited about it. I had it pegged as one of my fall purchases until I remembered it's a fallout and I'd be insane to spend money on it and play it at release when it's going to be a fucking disastrous wasteland of bugs. That shit isn't charming to me and I'm not gonna pay a premium for it anymore.

If you own an Xbox or pc you can play it with gamepass for free

Also this isn't Bethesda so the same issues fallout games have had shouldn't carry over.

Imm0ralKnight

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Getting this for sure. I loved New Vegas and this is my type of game. Dialogue system, character progression, RPG shooter, and it's Sci-Fi!

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
This touches all the right notes for me. It might be my most wanted title in 2019.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I very much look forward to waiting for the Switch version (so long as it's not on Ark's level of downgrade).

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
Its so funny because in the years leading up to the reveal i would hunt down every rumor of what Boyarsky and Cain were working on and now im trying to avoid seeing as much as possible. The positivity surrounding this game from even before its unveiling has been rock solid. im just about 100% convinced that this game was one of the major factors in the decision of MS to purchase Obsidian.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Looks super unpolished at this point. Which is worrying. The texture streaming issue being a particularly glaring one. The AI being completely thick isn't helping much either...I want this to be amazing...but I'm honestly not seeing it yet...hopefully with a little more time it'll end up better.