• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who do you think will win?:

• Batgirl (Barbara Gordon)

Votes: 24 8.5%
  • Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy)

Votes: 259 91.5%

• Total voters

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Revealed at the end of Red vs Blue. The next DEATH BATTLE is going to be between Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) vs Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy).These two skilled fighters with police detective dads have taken up the Spider Mantle and the Bat Mantle and next DEATH BATTLE they will clash to see which one is the superior combatant.

As for my own personal thoughts on this DEATH BATTLE - eh. I think Jolyne Kujo would have been better for Spider-Gwen and Kim Possible would have been better for Batgirl but that's my own personal opinion. I get why they are doing this as a DEATH BATTLE though.

Who do you think will win this fight?

unknown.png

(Thumbnail by Hyperstarman)

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
why do these have to be to the death :(

I don't want to see either of them die. that goes for most of these matchups

May 26, 2018
I don't know enough about Batgirl. Usually when people pit Superman v Batman, people talk about Batman's resources, his ingenuity, his "time to plan" allowing him to fight against a superhuman.

Does Gordon have similar strengths?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Once can bench press a car, the other has nightsticks.

Seems fair

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know enough about Batgirl. Usually when people pit Superman v Batman, people talk about Batman's resources, his ingenuity, his "time to plan" allowing him to fight against a superhuman.

Does Gordon have similar strengths?
If Gwen a robot or a cyborg it would actually be fair. Cause Batgirl as Oracle was the best hacker in the DC. But that is probably been reconned to hell

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
It should be noted that Gwen technically has a symbiote now (she lost her Spiderpowers thanks to Cindy Moon). It's likely going to be permenent and Symbiotes to have a weakness to sound and fire so Batgirl could take advantage of that

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I don't see Batgirl taking this. The Batman secondary characters don't have nearly as many stories as Batman himself involving them finding ways to defeat meta-humans. Even in Nightwing's case most of the time he's facing super humans he has a team with him rather than doing it himself.

If Gwen a robot or a cyborg it would actually be fair. Cause Batgirl as Oracle was the best hacker in the DC. But that is probably been reconned to hell
She is Oracle in Batman right now actually, although probably just for a couple of months alongside her solo ending and before a new Batgirl book is announced for March.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Stepping back into that role recently actually. There's some tension there as to whether it will be temporary or more long-term what with Alred gone and all.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I think this weaknesses would be pretty bad against a close range fighter like Spider-Gwen

Neural Implant: Barbara had experimental surgery after her shooting. She has a neural implant at the base of her brain that connects to her lower spine, which bypasses the missing section of spine and allows her to use her legs. If the implant is damaged or malfunctions, Barbara could become paralyzed and/or suffer brain damage.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Gwen could punch a hole in Barb's face if she wants to. It's really not fair.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
This seems unfair.

Not Flash vs. Quicksilver level unfair, but still... They couldn't have found someone who can also bench press a main battle tank for Gwen to fight?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Considering Spider Man already demolished Batman in their own Death Battle...

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"Well, maybe Barb has some fans that will..."
*sees poll*

Oh, this is a curb-stomp battle.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
For general curiosity, is anyone here bored of this much Marvel & DC? This is 9th episode this season featuring cape comics.

And in total Marvel & DC far outclass others in getting matches.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Obvo Gwen. This is so lopsided. Same as spiderman vs bats. One has built in bullet dodging wall hacks and could twist Banes head off his shoulders if he pissed him off. The other guy is bruce wayne.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
"Well, maybe Barb has some fans that will..."
*sees poll*

Oh, this is a curb-stomp battle.
One has fucking super-powers (A tier superpowers even), is a genius and has access to good gadgetry and the other is a genius with martial arts training and access to some good gadgetry.

Gwen is probably as smart and capable a fighter as Barbara is, but she's also got access to fucking Spider Sense and can bench-press a fucking locomotive.

Barb's gonna get jobbered.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Is see they're going for the tiebreaker for the Spider-Man vs Batman skirmishes. Gwen should take this easily.

Spidey

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'd put even a younger Babs above Earth-65 Gwen in terms of intellect, beyond being able to make the webbing, she really hasn't ever been positioned as a genius, that's more 616 Gwen.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Cassandra Cain has a decent chance to win, Barbara? no way in hell.

Still, these guys usually make the wrong call.

AlwaysSalty

The Fallen
Nov 12, 2017
Not even a contest. It's like people pretending batman would legit have a chance against Superman. He wouldn't, Superman can reach flash levels of speed, he can lazer his head off in .000001 nano seconds if he really wanted to. It's the same with Spider Gwen, at the end of the day batgirl is a regular woman with gadgets.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
I can see Babs overwhelming Gwen's Spider-sense with a modified ultra high frequency bat sonar. It would be over in one move.

I voted Gwen though becuase the battle will last longer and be underwelming

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

Fight is going to be done in 3D Animation by the SFM Team aka DevilArtmesis,Doovad and Daiotomachi (Ganondorf vs Dracula, Death Race,Obi Wan vs Kakashi)

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I absolutely adore Babs but the only way she'd win this is if somehow her tech and photographic memory can be of any help. Gwwn's got super strength and webbing. In a neutral environment Bab's knowledge of Gotham is gone too. Outthinking villains is her specialty but I don't think using environmental hazards would work here.

I 'guess' if she's got sticky glue bombs she could paste Gwen's hands so she can't shoot web and hope she can knock her out?