• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CaptainTrips

Nov 20, 2017
Been listening the Welkin release Recollections of Conquest and Honour, which is a one man BM band with Finnish influences.
Then i found out the sole musician is a 16 year old Singaporean kid which blew my mind.

On a Finnish note, the Behexen side on the Horna/Behexen split is some of the best Finnish black metal i've heard.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
On a Finnish note, the Behexen side on the Horna/Behexen split is some of the best Finnish black metal i've heard.
I listen to the Behexen side at least once a week probably lol. Ritual of Flesh & Blood just blew my mind when I heard it the first time. Side note, I'm working on a cover of it.

other Finnish BM songs I love are Baptism - Wisdom & Hate, and Sargeist - Sargeist.

Last edited:

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Those are some of my favorites from last month, mind, I've already listened to over 60 thrash albums this year, so if you want more recommendations on my favorites up through June, just let me know.
Thanks again! Been enjoying Bitterness Shrapnel and From Hell a lot! I am to for more recommendations for sure, I don't mind some odler stuff but right now I am eyeing new releases - are there some new and good Thrash bands out there?

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks again! Been enjoying Bitterness Shrapnel and From Hell a lot! I am to for more recommendations for sure, I don't mind some odler stuff but right now I am eyeing new releases - are there some new and good Thrash bands out there?

Besides Mekong Delta, all those bands are fairly new. Do you want band within the past 5 years? I also do annual demo rankings for brand new bands

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
MZnXR0C.png

finland-flag-country-nation-union-empire-32966.png

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
Better late than never on the Amorphis! :)
truly. I have everything else there on one physical format or another but I have never given Amorphis the proper time of day. What a fool I was. And it's funny because they actually have pretty nice body of work beyond one defining album or comp unlike the rest of the Finnish OSDM scene lol.

Siobhan

Oct 28, 2017
Every time Amorphis comes up, can't help but think about this.

Also on the topic of Finnish OSDM, Sentenced's Shadows of Past and their demo releases around that are some of my favorite music.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
Every time Amorphis comes up, can't help but think about this.

Also on the topic of Finnish OSDM, Sentenced's Shadows of Past and their demo releases around that are some of my favorite music.
haha, amazing. Early Sentenced does indeed rule. I know North from Here takes the band in a different direction, but I absolutely love that it occupies the same kind of sound space as The Red in the Sky Is Ours. Really phenomenal album.
Nice hall. All of it.
Demigod is fucking classic. First two Amorphis albums were always on rotation. I see you're missing some early Xysma in there...
super down with Xysma! Not much in the way of Bandcamp offerings though. I still need to cop the self-titled comp with their best stuff. Gore/death classics.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
I guess one Covid silver-lining, Water Torture are finally back together.

Until this show gets cancelled too.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I guess one Covid silver-lining, Water Torture are finally back together.

Until this show gets cancelled too.

the later lineup I'm assuming?

I saw them a couple of times with the original drummer/vocalist and it was fuckin awesome, didn't know they had lineup changes so when I saw them at MDF 2014 with a separate drummer and vocalist that was odd

EDIT: hmm looks like it was the same drummer they just got a separate vocalist for some reason.

nevertheless

Last edited:

coma

Oct 28, 2017
the later lineup I'm assuming?

I saw them a couple of times with the original drummer/vocalist and it was fuckin awesome, didn't know they had lineup changes so when I saw them at MDF 2014 with a separate drummer and vocalist that was odd

EDIT: hmm looks like it was the same drummer they just got a separate vocalist for some reason.

nevertheless

Ha, I forgot about that. Extra weird since he went back to drumming with Stimulant. He just moved back to Buffalo, so I assume it'll be with the earlier lineup, but not sure.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

out on the 20th. Slams, drops, Pen & Pixel graphics. Only for true OGs...

also found this gold bit of text on P2's Discogs:

PcZ6Fy1.png

Last edited:

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
I remember checking out Xibalba a while ago when they were signed to Southern Lord. That label at the time was putting out records from tons of bands that had that metal/hardcore hybrid sound so they got lost in the shuffle for me. New stuff sounds ok though and that cover is awesome.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
always love a good Mayan BM release. Will be adding to my wishlist purchase.
you may be aware of the Black Twilight Circle collective in SoCal. Mostly members of Mexican heritage and several projects focus squarely on Mayan themes. Volahn is definitely the most prominent of them and a new album is expected to be released by the end of the year. One of my most anticipated for sure.

CaptainTrips

Nov 20, 2017
Black Twilight Circle, especially that Volahn release, is what kickstarted my interest in Mayan BM.

contributing to the thread, i've been spinning this Hellenic Bathory release lately

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
Black Twilight Circle, especially that Volahn release, is what kickstarted my interest in Mayan BM.
contributing to the thread, i've been spinning this Hellenic Bathory release lately
nice, cool to see another fan. Again you may have heard this but I always thought the Kallathon-Volahn split was extremely underrated as far as BTC works. Minute-for-minute it's Volahn's best material, hands down.

also yeah Macabre Omen rule.

Last edited:

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
I'm looking for bands/albums that sound like early Megadeth (Killing is My Business, Peace Sells... but Who's Buying?) style

Any recommendations? Thanks!