• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
One thing that always tickles me is how whenever Mando goes to a new planet he lands or flies near the perfect spot for whatever his quest is. An entire planet that must be full of different outposts and towns and such and every time he lands near the exact spot he needs to be at.

Really driving it home how SW is really a medieval fantasy with sci fi makeup. Planets are villages, ships are horses, etc.

Last edited:

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
One thing that always tickles me is how whenever Mando lands on a new planet he lands or flies near the perfect spot for whatever his quest is. An entire planet that must be full of different outposts and towns and such and every time he lands near the exact spot he needs to be at.

Really driving it home how SW is really a medieval fantasy with sci fi makeup. Planets are villages, ships are horses, etc.
This is a problem with every Star Wars thing though.

Basically in Star Wars a planet isn't really a planet, it's just one or two set pieces. Rare exceptions are Coruscant and Tatooine sometimes. Actually Mando has done a good job fleshing out Tatooine a bit.

I chalk it up as it being a thing where characters are flying all over the planet to find what they're looking for and we just don't see the busywork that gets involved on-screen.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
One thing that always tickles me is how whenever Mando lands on a new planet he lands or flies near the perfect spot for whatever his quest is. An entire planet that must be full of different outposts and towns and such and every time he lands near the exact spot he needs to be at.

Another thing that bothers me, but I just shrug.

Like, Star Trek easily covers this by having them state that they scanned the planet for X so we should land here. But, Mando just manages to land on the exact spot in Tython where the Jedi temple was. Now, it did show a scanner screen when he was landing but how did he tune his scanner to a bunch of rocks. Again, Star Trek would have a scene where they'd be like, "we tuned the scanners to search of any unnatural formations and pinpointed a rock formation in the northern-polar region that may fit the description of what we are looking for." But here, Mando just apparently goes, "scan for my plot objective" and the computer complies.

You can't really think about that stuff in Star Wars, even if the writers could easily clean it up.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Ugh, absolutely not. The only worse thing to introduce to the series would be the Yuuzhan Vong.

We have the Grysks.

starwars.fandom.com

Grysk

The Grysks were a warlike sentient species that lived in the Unknown Regions. According to Chiss Grand Admiral Thrawn, they should not be underestimated and, if they fled, it would be because they chose to leave the battle. Thrawn believed that the Grysks were such a danger that they posed a...

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but they are likely going to go all fucking
Seven Samurai
for the finale right?

Mando
Cara
Cobb
Boba
Fennec
Mayfield
Ahsoka or Greef

This has to be the fucking way.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Boba Fett is not a ruthless killer. I remember there was quite an uproar from fans after a comic portrayed him as such. With him torturing and killing entire towns to get to Luke's name.

Since then they moved away from that.

Boba Fett is a "Nothing personal job's a job" guy who follows a "Honor Among thieves" moral. If you don't fuck him over he won't fuck you over unless there's money involved.
Yeah people criticizing that have little to no knowledge of the character. He wasn't even a ruthless killer in Clone Wars, there is no big discrepancy between the kid we saw in the show and how he turned out as an adult. And in any case it would be way more boring if he was just a scumbag.

It's also getting tiring seeing people who don't understand that even with little to no dialog and action, the character in the OT was a big deal for countless kids over the world. I'm french and my brother was born in the 70s and he had Boba Fett action figures. Same for another friend born in the same time period. There was no internet, it wasn't some fake hype thing, kids genuinely loved that character and he became an icon, so much that pretty much all the bounty hunter aspect of Star Wars stemmed from him, and ffs we have the first live action show of Star Wars here and the main character literally would not exist without Boba Fett. If there's one piece of media where it makes sense to finally bring him back, it's here.
Sorry, ranting...
Also, I have to say, while "Dad Bod" Boba was cute back on release and clearly coming from a place of endearment, many are turning it into Body shaming Temuera, and you should kindly FOH with that
ZAkWQnn.gif

I've been thinking that as soon as the discussion about the episode started. Like, imagine if the same was said about a woman.

People disliking the last episode is utterly baffling to me. It's like we're watching two different shows. It was fantastic.
Yeah. I mean, I have my gripes with the way the last episode was directed, but the discussion is so overwhelmingly negative, often with the same posters harping on over and over and just fucking hate watching it every week to shit on it online right afterwards... I don't like putting people on ignore list so I just want to ignore the thread. And that sucks. Having criticism without drowning in negativity would be fine but it seems impossible here.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
One thing that always tickles me is how whenever Mando goes to a new planet he lands or flies near the perfect spot for whatever his quest is. An entire planet that must be full of different outposts and towns and such and every time he lands near the exact spot he needs to be at.

I agree.
It's like for each of the planets in the Star Wars universe, living beings are only congregated in a small tiny chunk of the planet for whatever reason. Everywhere else on the planets are all an endless void of unpopulated areas where civilization does not exist.

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
I chalk it up as it being a thing where characters are flying all over the planet to find what they're looking for and we just don't see the busywork that gets involved on-screen.

Yeah, this is what I assume. No reason to show the audience anything between seeing the arrival at the planet and then arrival at destination.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
They already had their Seven Samurai episode in season one with Sanctuary.

I know, regarding the saving village from invaders aspect(even if it was just 2 people + Grogu) but this is more regarding the amount of people teaming up and how it would flow with the whole space/western and samurai(considering this show has massive Lone Wolf and Cub homages too) premise. Considering how most of them are reformed or soon to be reformed mercenaries, but will be doing it for an honourable cause.

Also, the
Razor Crest
will have the easiest Lego kit instructions of all time.

A: Remove pieces from box.
B: Dump them on a fucking table.

Optional thematic Alderaan and Death Star collectors sets sold separately.

Last edited:

DragonKeeper

Nov 14, 2017
To all of the discussion about Mando just happening to be where he needs to be for plot to happen....that's how story telling is done. If a story needs characters to travel, they travel. If a story needs characters to be at their destination, they are there. Anything that doesn't serve the story isn't featured. It's a waste of time. World building has its place, but it's not always appropriate.

Therion

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but they are likely going to go all fucking
Seven Samurai
for the finale right?

Mando
Cara
Cobb
Boba
Fennec
Mayfield
Ahsoka or Greef

This has to be the fucking way.
I'd expect Bo Katan and her crew to show up since they were already looking for Gideon.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
So? Season II Heist Rescue/Samurai mercenary crew?

Mando
Cara
Boba
Cobb(in case Boba does something super redeeming and the armour makes its way back to Tatooine with Vanth)
Mayfield
Fennec

Who else? Therion makes a good point about Bo Katan & team.

I initially thought Ahsoka, but she is likely going after Thrawn now.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It only took 40 years but the obsessive adoration Boba Fett has received finally has some justification.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
What a swerve we had in Episode 6 of S1, too. I think we're about to see the real Suicide Squad team-up next week or during the finale.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
I watched the entire episode like a dumbass thinking Jango was the clone of Boba and this was Jango's son aka the grandson of Boba and that he was here to collect his ancestor's armor and also somehow managed to inherit Boba's ship.

Wasn't until I read a review that I realized my folly. Time to rewatch the episode! This is what I get for being a super casual SW fan.

Oct 27, 2017
Never thought I'd see the day where Bill Burr would team up with Boba Fett, Fennec Shand and Mando to save a baby Yoda.

Cool episode but why didn't Boba get his armor back from Cobb? I didn't get the impression he was wandering the galaxy tracking it down because it seems like they both never left Tattooine. Almost had the impression that he gave it up intentionally over the years so it's weird he apparently wanted it back the whole time.

Dec 26, 2017
Also, the
Razor Crest
will have the easiest Lego kit instructions of all time.

A: Remove pieces from box.
B: Dump them on a fucking table.

Optional thematic Alderaan and Death Star collectors sets sold separately.
It's funny, I have this set and keep thinking I should get around to building it, and then this episode happens and I'm like "Huh, I'm already done!"

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver

I mean no one wants to spend screentime of Mando going to a bunch of wholly irrelevant villages. Like yeah he probably stops to get food and ask for directions in a lot of places. But that's along the lines of "who fills the Batmobile's tires?"

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017

But Mando always knows the exact way. He tells the audience this like every other episode since S1.

😏

16bitnova

Oct 28, 2017
I know a lot of people are afraid of Luke being the one that answers Grogu's call because of it "making the universe seem small". But, honestly in terms of scale to people of that universe, it's not all that big. They are all living within the same galaxy. With hyper space travel it is just like traveling between countries in our terms. And in the timeline within the story, at this time is when Luke is looking for force sensitives to start his school. It just seems like the most reasonable choice aside from Ezra or Kestis. Or Leia? But, I feel like that would be too much work CGI wise? Anyway my point is it's not unreasonable. The Star Wars universe is small relatively speaking since they have Hyper space travel. Essentially most characters know of many planets and systems within their galaxy because of this.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I mean no one wants to spend screentime of Mando going to a bunch of wholly irrelevant villages. Like yeah he probably stops to get food and ask for directions in a lot of places. But that's along the lines of "who fills the Batmobile's tires?"
That's silly, it's clearly Alfred who fills the tires. Or Ace the bat hound who Batman definetely trained to fix cars.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Never thought I'd see the day where Bill Burr would team up with Boba Fett, Fennec Shand and Mando to save a baby Yoda.

Cool episode but why didn't Boba get his armor back from Cobb? I didn't get the impression he was wandering the galaxy tracking it down because it seems like they both never left Tattooine. Almost had the impression that he gave it up intentionally over the years so it's weird he apparently wanted it back the whole time.

There's a few options for his armour. One is that it took a LONG time to track it, and once he saw who had it and why he couldn't justify getting it back (whereas Din obviously already has armor). Another is he intentionally tried to slip away and saw Mando's bravery and it was the kick in the pants to get moving again (or seeing a Mando in general did back in S1).

We also don't know how easy or hard it was to get the Slave One back.

Plenty of story for comic book writers!

Yeah people criticizing that have little to no knowledge of the character. He wasn't even a ruthless killer in Clone Wars, there is no big discrepancy between the kid we saw in the show and how he turned out as an adult. And in any case it would be way more boring if he was just a scumbag.

It's also getting tiring seeing people who don't understand that even with little to no dialog and action, the character in the OT was a big deal for countless kids over the world. I'm french and my brother was born in the 70s and he had Boba Fett action figures. Same for another friend born in the same time period. There was no internet, it wasn't some fake hype thing, kids genuinely loved that character and he became an icon, so much that pretty much all the bounty hunter aspect of Star Wars stemmed from him, and ffs we have the first live action show of Star Wars here and the main character literally would not exist without Boba Fett. If there's one piece of media where it makes sense to finally bring him back, it's here.
Sorry, ranting...

ZAkWQnn.gif

I've been thinking that as soon as the discussion about the episode started. Like, imagine if the same was said about a woman.

Yeah. I mean, I have my gripes with the way the last episode was directed, but the discussion is so overwhelmingly negative, often with the same posters harping on over and over and just fucking hate watching it every week to shit on it online right afterwards... I don't like putting people on ignore list so I just want to ignore the thread. And that sucks. Having criticism without drowning in negativity would be fine but it seems impossible here.

Life's too short. If I heard someone saying this shit in real life I'd be wishing for an ignore button. I've been hitting ignore on a LOT of people recently to avoid scrolling past constant idiotic non-criticisms masquerading as gotchas.

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
I just bought the kit and assembled it the night before the episode drops!
should've left it in the box as is for a more authentic look.

Last edited:

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Another thing that bothers me, but I just shrug.

Like, Star Trek easily covers this by having them state that they scanned the planet for X so we should land here. But, Mando just manages to land on the exact spot in Tython where the Jedi temple was. Now, it did show a scanner screen when he was landing but how did he tune his scanner to a bunch of rocks. Again, Star Trek would have a scene where they'd be like, "we tuned the scanners to search of any unnatural formations and pinpointed a rock formation in the northern-polar region that may fit the description of what we are looking for." But here, Mando just apparently goes, "scan for my plot objective" and the computer complies.

You can't really think about that stuff in Star Wars, even if the writers could easily clean it up.
Do we really want to waste more time showing Mando scanning planet or montage of how he find the location. It's not really important and you can just assume he did all that off screen

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I think the only negative of this episode was finding out Bill Burr was returning. I can't stand his character. Ralphie from the Soprano's level of annoyance when on screen.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was so happy to see the Razor Crest blasted from above.
I mean I'm absolutely going to miss the ship, it's awesome, but when the troopers landed I thought "They know it's there, why not remove it as a possible element?"... but then they did and I was like "Thank you!"

I really liked the episode.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Also, of course the fucking scum empire has the smallest handcuffs in the universe readily available at hand.

Stupid motherfuckers don't realize how much of a god damned ninja stealth beast Grogu is. The cute little bastard is going to pick those locks using the same style of egg, cookie and round ball ship knob thingy skills he has gained from his Mando adventure quests.

Or eat the cuffs, if he can't force them apart.