• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
I thought they were going to build a fake town or bust out a tole booth to slow the bad guys towards the end.

Movie didn't feel right at all .

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't occur to until your post but you're right. There really didn't even need to be a villain. He could have been some shadowy, faceless robber baron. Bogue wasn't the threat, not really. It was the amount of resources he had to bring down on upon the Seven. If we had never seen his face the movie wouldn't have lost anything. I think this was what audiences expected, especially the part where Denzel faces off with the bad guy on his own.

The other baddies were dude with eye patch and evil Indian guy. I kind of figured there would have been some scenes in between, but they basically arrived and got beat

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
It's pretty bad, and I love westerns.

Try Slow Burn op. Excellent western. Its on Netflix.

Also, 13 assassins is very a similar plot, a bunch of samurai get hired by a town to kill a bunch of imperial bad guys. They booby trap the town and the ending is a 45 minute fight scene of the 13 assassins vs an army. Really good stuff.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I've watched The Seven Samurai several times but never watched The Magnificent Seven or the modern remake. Never saw the need. Yojimbo/Fistful of Dollars though is worth.

Zach

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't watched the new one. Seven Samurai and The Magnificent Seven (1960) are great, though.

(The Clash album is great, too. >_>)

Prison_mike

Oct 26, 2017
i walked out after like, 30 minutes. They had that god damn 360 degree dolly track that just circles the actors as they say their lines. I hate it. Fast 8 or whatever did it too. Awful

burnsy

Banned
May 31, 2018
reboot sucks. original is good but not great

The reboot looked to have potential in the first third but progressively lost it after that.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
The original is dogshit if you come into it after you watched Seven Samurai. The characterization is horrible and even as a western, it does not work that great. It as a top-shelf soundtrack and song, but it is poop.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bigger discussion is what is up with Antoine Fuqua, probably one of the biggest hit or miss directors working.

Status
Not open for further replies.