• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
that trailer is so hype!

The chimes happening are still bad. You always had the sheikah stones to use for tips and they were better implemented in oot 3d and mm 3d. If you are stuck, you can use those, or the internet. Getting in the way of other players that want to figure things for themselves was always bad in many 3D zelda titles. Unfortunately SS is designed too much around Fi and her being a character, so its harder to just toss her to the side considering how crucial she is to the story. Still, the chimes should have gone away entirely.
the chimes are the exact same thing that navi does in OoT. it's your phone buzzing. it happens and you ignore it. done.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
the chimes are the exact same thing that navi does in OoT. it's your phone buzzing. it happens and you ignore it. done.
The good old days when Navi would yell WATCH OUT or HEY every single time you ever Z-target an enemy (after she was done forcefully talking to you to tell you how to open doors, how to climb vines, and spoiling ambushes like moblins and wallmasters).

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cool. These are improvements that will fix some of SS's vast amount of problems.

But it doesn't fix enough, and nothing short of a remake will.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Great trailer, but it still won't change my mind on buying it at least at the current price. I know it will more than likely never go on sale because it is Nintendo first party. Playing through it back on the Wii was fine enough for me.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Skyward Sword is a really good video game and also a really good Zelda game. Haters are objectively wrong and have no taste ;-)

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Some people really make Skyward Sword seem like it's the worst video game ever made. Please give this game another chance. It's a great Zelda story

Falcato

Nov 2, 2017
Nice callback to the original OoT trailer with the "Will you soar? Or Will you fall?" part

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Some people really make Skyward Sword seem like it's the worst video game ever made. Please give this game another chance. It's a great Zelda story

I'm not one to really care about story in Zelda or Nintendo games. It does have some great charm and characters and I did enjoy the story for what it was. But overall as a 3D Zelda game, to me - who never had any issues with the Wii Remote - it's better than Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. Not as good as OoT, MM, or BotW. But I mean... That's fine. That's a pretty impossible bar to meet.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
at some point the internet-hyperbole/knee-jerk-hot-take amounts accumulates enough that the echo chamber produces an Official Truth opinion that is then cemented into the broader consciousness. that's why you can't talk about Skyward Sword, Metroid Prime Federation Force, and whatever other good game that isn't what fans wanted and has some other problems that keep it from being unanimously celebrated properly online.

before someone jumps on this with a rebuttal: this (^above) doesn't mean you can't dislike a thing for valid reasons or have certain problems with it. it just means internet haters need to chill tf out.

Radarscope1

Oct 29, 2017
Haven't played this one and so I have been inclined to buy this since it was announced. This trailer really seals it. I know trailers mislead all the time but .... looks great to me.

RennanNT

Dec 2, 2020

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
Watched the trailer.

It's baffling that this game is considered bad by so many. it's ridiculous

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
at some point the internet-hyperbole/knee-jerk-hot-take amounts accumulates enough that the echo chamber produces an Official Truth opinion that is then cemented into the broader consciousness. that's why you can't talk about Skyward Sword, Metroid Prime Federation Force, and whatever other good game that isn't what fans wanted and has some other problems that keep it from being unanimously celebrated properly online.

before someone jumps on this with a rebuttal: this (^above) doesn't mean you can't dislike a thing for valid reasons or have certain problems with it. it just means internet haters need to chill tf out.
As a fan of both the Sonic the Hedgehog and Kingdom Hearts franchises, the pain is too real.

Rika

Oct 30, 2017
USA
That new trailer didn't have to sell me on it! I was sold already when you could just use normal controls and no wiggly ones.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a trailer. Can't wait to run through this with my Skyward Sword Joycons lolol

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Hopefully, Hero Mode is available from the start like WWHD and TPHD were, if I am going to replay Skyward Sword, I want a challenge.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Excited to get this.

Played the original and enjoyed it - wish I didnt have to use the motion controls (when I first played the Wii game) so this version will make it the perfect version for me when I play it in the future.

Edited post.

Last edited:

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Cool trailer. I know the opinion on SS is pretty negative but I'm excited to relay the game.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
The game isn't bad by any means, but you can't go off a trailer alone. The game has a lot of issues, but it's still fun.

This is the Final Fantasy XIII of the Zelda series (and I love XIII)
I'm not sure I'd even go that far. SS very much follows the standard Zelda series formula. It just introduced some unpopular combat mechanics and padded its length a bit too much.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Hopefully, Hero Mode is available from the start like WWHD and TPHD were, if I am going to replay Skyward Sword, I want a challenge.
none of their re-releases had hero mode locked away. it's not a thing worth worrying about. original Skyward Sword and ALBW (both new games) were the only titles with hero mode locked behind beating the game once. it's annoying they haven't said it but it's a given.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
I think Skyward Sword was one of the most difficult Zelda game actually.
You can lose a fight against some bosses and see the game over screen.This was new for a Zelda game :p

But can't wait to play it in Hero Mode.

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That trailer certainly gets one excited, it's a good one.
This game is in my top 3 Zelda games list(the exact order of which I'm never 100% on), and I'm definitely eager to play it again.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really hope Hero Mode is playable from the start. It was a much more enjoyable experience in my opinion, and with the precision of stick controls I feel like I'll actually be able to make it through the boss rush!

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Fast dialogues and skipable cutscenes need to be standard in every game. Still good they thought of that and implemented that.

1080p at 60fps is also a huuuuge deal for me who play 95% of the time on PC.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017

I wouldn't have expected otherwise lol
It was one of the worst pet-peeves of mine with the game.