• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IceFireTerry

Mar 17, 2018
Is there another franchise out there than can pull this off?

the-legend-of-zelda-links-awakening-remake-nintendo-switch_327106.jpg

LAViUcJ.png
Kirby?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They revealed a bunch of concept stuff at GDC like a year or two ago.
Here's another thing that may more may not be used.
D8zOu-NUcAAgAMD.png

D8zOte8U8AAzBSB.jpg
Right now I suspect this might be the only evidence as to why Zelda might not end up being playable. If this is supposed to be some kind of transmogrifier ability, it's very clearly in his possession rather than Zelda's. Guess we'll have to wait and see quite a long time to find out.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Announcing a sequel without explicitly announcing what platform it will be on is odd. If you aren't ready to talk about the year of release, if you aren't ready to promise a current-gen only release, you aren't ready to announce.
This has to be sarcasm, no can be this out of touch with reality can they?

Oct 26, 2017
Probably has been pointed out already but if you go frame by frame the white hand reaches out to Zelda and saves her from falling.

There's two scenes, one of Link's right hand catching Zelda's hand (or Zelda reaching up) and one of the magic hand catching Link's left, so I guess they're dangling down in a chain together, with the magic hand sacrificing power over Ganondorf in the process.

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017
Announcing a sequel without explicitly announcing what platform it will be on is odd. If you aren't ready to talk about the year of release, if you aren't ready to promise a current-gen only release, you aren't ready to announce.

What the hell are you talking about? This game was announced as a Switch game, just like every single other thing they showed in that Direct.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Its great that a sequel for announced but I'm wagering it'll be a 2022 release, why because it should correspond to a Switch 2 release and Nintendo realized it needs Zelda to make a dent in hardware sales against its competitors. I guess now I got no excuse but to finish Zelda: BOTW. Kinda lost interest half way but now will push forward to finish this before the release comes out.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone else shows 10 second trailer: that's it?

Nintendo shows literally nothing: OMG THEY KILLED IT, THEY WON.

Can't wait though, still the last game I played to 100% of my switch before it started collecting dust. It's a masterpiece
Because the other teaser trailers weren't interesting or way too vague. This hit all the right notes. Fans wanted dungeons, this clearly looks like it could be. Fans wanted playable Zelda, this clearly looks like it could be setting us up for that. Fans wanted a darker theme/story, this clearly looks to set it. Zombie Ganondorf. 'Nuf said. Plus the mystery around the other things.

Most of the other teasers were unforgettable and boring. That's why.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit it's Ganondorf sealed from the OOT "failed hero" ending and it explains why every incarnation of Ganon in that timeline has just been a beast, and explains how they keep coming back despite being continually killed, they've all just been evil energy incarnations leaking from his sealed body oh SHIT!!

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Because the other teaser trailers weren't interesting or way too vague. This hit all the right notes. Fans wanted dungeons, this clearly looks like it could be. Fans wanted playable Zelda, this clearly looks like it could be setting us up for that. Fans wanted a darker theme/story, this clearly looks to set it. Zombie Ganondorf. 'Nuf said. Plus the mystery around the other things.

Most of the other teasers were unforgettable and boring. That's why.
Zelda being in the teaser doesn't signal anything other than you know, it's a legend of Zelda game. It showed less than other games but it's a known quantity hence people are excited.

Not fair to blanket call the others boring or forgettable.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping progress doesn't carry over. It's very unlikely. But I haven't finished my second playthrough so if it does I'm gonna have to sit down and finish haha.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I suspect that BOTW was meant to be a total reboot, escaping from the specifics of any given game. The "legend" could work be it TP Ganondorf or WW.

At this point, it be best to just merge all the split timelines into one and put this and BOTW after it. Fans are gonna want timeline and callbacks, and Nintendo wants to move forward, so might as well come up with some Mcguffin as too how the timelines merge.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone else shows 10 second trailer: that's it?

Nintendo shows literally nothing: OMG THEY KILLED IT, THEY WON.

Can't wait though, still the last game I played to 100% of my switch before it started collecting dust. It's a masterpiece
Nintendo "won" (I hate that word for this) for showing largely gameplay trailers, with many of those games coming this year. The BotW sequel isn't why most people are so high on them.

Even this was at least in-engine and seems to correspond to what we'll see in the final game.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, it be best to just merge all the split timelines into one and put this and BOTW after it. Fans are gonna want timeline and callbacks, and Nintendo wants to move forward, so might as well come up with some Mcguffin as too how the timelines merge.
As someone who enjoys the timeline shenanigans, that'd be awful. Bettter to just ignore it altogether.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Will Zelda finally be playable?
Maybe, don't think full game though. Link looks to be receiving some form of power in his arm, that implies to me he'll still be the main guy.

But who knows, both could be playable and fulfill different roles. She looks to have a bigger part in the story nonetheless.

All speculatiom on the very little we have seen, of course.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I feel I'm one of the biggest critics of BOTW on this board even though I really liked the game. They showed that it will use the same engine, I just hope this game is a whole new world with more interesting things to do and dungeons. Also some major new mechanic like time was for MM.

It will be fantastic I am sure. Hopefully ready for next year. What a year it will be.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Zelda being in the teaser doesn't signal anything other than you know, it's a legend of Zelda game. It showed less than other games but it's a known quantity hence people are excited.

Not fair to blanket call the others boring or forgettable.
Fine IMO, because I can't remember any other one other than the FromSoftware GRRM game. And I can't even remember the name.