• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So on first watch it looked like it was just gannondorf coming back to life but on rewatch it looks like theres some sort of second entity thats causing the body to come back to life, with the arm sort of seeming to be driving the purple mist into it? Link also looks like he has possession of that green arm thats over gannondorf's body. So maybe some new item or mechanic that multiple characters control? So god damn hyped.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think the whole game takes place underground. The ending of the trailer shows Hyrule Castle getting skyloft'd. I could see more places getting turned into sky islands and revealing dungeons underneath.

Wombat_Lover

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 20, 2019
User banned (1 week): hostility and personal attacks against another member
Eat shit Sabi, you cunt. Glad this never got leaked.

Oct 26, 2017
it looks amazing

The tone shift from the previous one, amazing.

this looks dark and awesome. GIVE IT TO ME NOW.

Summer 2020 book it!

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
How are people not realizing that the villain was Yuga from Link Between Worlds?

Same crown, same long red hair...
Zelda is going to be playable because she cut her hair. Less clipping with armor and gear. Link is gonna get grabbed by that hand and trapped.
You make a great point on the short hair. They had a great AI companion in Wolf Link in BotW. It would be fun if they built on that and made Zelda a full AI companion, or perhaps controllable second player. If this is a story of Zelda saving Link thats kinda interesting from a story perspective but not at all from a gameplay perspective.

Drakken

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait.

Really curious (and excited) to see how this differs from the first, though I'm sure I'll be more than happy to spend another 150+ hours in that world regardless.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Alright, color me interested. I hope this sequel won't be as tedious to get into as BOTW. It took me 30 hours to finally get into the game and enjoy it, I don't wanna go through that again.

Nilaul

Oct 26, 2017
Greece
What if Zelda went mad towards the end due to the Evil's influence, and she had to be killed at the end by Link.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Would be great if Link being the one with the special power knocks him out of the game somehow and we have to play as Zelda to free him so he can use, and sacrifice, his new special glow-y god hand to reseal this evil entity. But they won't do that, co-op would be amazing though and could be really interesting mechanic, even in singleplayer if done right.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Damn already 16 pages... The thirst is real. But i understand, i do, after all it's Breath of the Wilds 2! I hope Zelda is playable this time. I'm still high on hype right now, i need to come down.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
The impression I got that the 'Calamity Ganon' was eminating from Ganondorf's long deceased body. Is there another theory on that?

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
I love it when Nintendo does their thing and breaks the internet. But this time they also broke me. At first I thought it was Metroid, then the reverse music kicked in and I was like "this sounds strangely familiar somehow", then I saw the torch and that was obviously BOTW Engine fire and then I just stopped breathing for the rest of the trailer.

I love how we all talked about how they could/should make a Majora's Mask-esque sequel to BOTW in the same engine to speed up the process and they're actually doing it.

Those C&D-orders now make especially much sense. Imagine if this had gotten leaked (or the last Smash one for that matter).

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
That's like the least of worries. Nintendo doesn't care about story. Its all about gameplay.
I'm guessing there'll be slightly more dialogue than the first game. Though it remains to be seen if Zelda again needs rescuing. If she's playable, I assume she'll talk less so that NPCs will say roughly the same things to her and Link.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
The explosion erupted from directly under the castle, right? Maybe it's a crypt
i feel like they sealed that person there. less of a crypt and more of a prison? that's just the feel i get from it

Also, if you look on the walls, there's a depiction of a figure on horseback with a spear.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
ZOMBIE GANON | DEATH OF THE WILD
Yeah thst definitely looks like Ganondorf's corpse! Interesting .... and the one silhouette looks like it could be demise.

Is anyone surprised Zelda is getting a sequel? I mean its like Sony if announced God of War 2?

This game won't come out till 2021/2022
The surprising thing is that it's a direct sequel. That doesn't happen often with Zelda titles.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
No release date isn't a good indication coming from Nintendo.
We've seen it with Bayonetta, we've seen it with Metroid.
2rzxukz.jpg

The_Lump

Oct 28, 2017
Link is totally getting kidnapped for a chunk of this game. I love it.

Twilight Princess vibes in a Majora's Mask-esque spinoff/sequel plus playable Zelda sections is pretty much my dream scenario going into the next Zelda game. This will be my most anticipated game since Twilight Princess.