• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
The dead body reminded me of Twinrova. But the idea of using the Twilight realm is intriguing...

In any case, I want it to be Link that gets captured or possessed and Zelda has to save him, and also all of Hyrule. Gives a good reason to not have your powers and health and such from the original BotW.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think this is releasing soon, same engine, same world... Looks like a big expansion pack if anything.

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure why people think this game is going to take forever to come out. They're clearly leaning heavily on BotW assets.
Yeah, and not just assets, but systems as well. I see March 2021 at the latest.

Edits: Well, we didn't see the systmes at work in the trailer, but it's a given to me that that's what they'll do since they're using BotW assets.

Deleted member 11182

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy with this but I will echo the concerns that what we saw looks too similar to BOTW. My heart sunk when I saw the view of the overworld. Hopefully it manages to differentiate sufficiently. Also I take it for granted that this isn't the true-true next big Zelda. Otherwise consider me disappointed.

deep_dish

Oct 25, 2017
They should call it 'Breath of the Wild II: The Adventure of Zelda' as a call back to NES sequel and make Zelda the main playable character

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I would expect they're shooting for Q4 2020. that would be a solid 3+ years on an already established and known engine, asset pipeline and workflow. Plus probably lots of ready to use assets they can recycle and build off of quickly. It would be really bizarre if this took longer given it's not a clean slate new game.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
khjd4W6.png

Link's hand also gets glowy.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
That's fucking terrifying.

So, what I can see is that they are walking through a dungeon underneath the Castle. They find a Gerudo Corpse seemingly stabbed through the chest (Ganondorf from TP, I assume). The Calamity malice emerges from it, but there's a Goddess(?) hand holding it down.
Everything goes to shit, the Corpse awakens, Zelda seems to fall and Link seems to be rescued by the Goddess hand. The Castle seems to emerge from the ground at the end.

Also, Zelda cut her hair.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Yo I just realised

What if Zelda has short hair to avoid the potential clipping issues with armour?

Oct 25, 2017
So, um, that corpse is wearing very similar clothing to Zelda's ceremonial stuff. Was that her mother?

Edit: nope. I see the Gerudo stuff.

Last edited:

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Zelda is going to be playable because she cut her hair. Less clipping with armor and gear. Link is gonna get grabbed by that hand and trapped.

Scrooge

Oct 25, 2017
I just find it odd that someone would go somewhere where people are all celebrating a thing just to tell them how much they dislike the thing being celebrated is all. It's less "policing" and more out of confusion. If I don't like something I just put it behind me, I don't feel the need to tell people that enjoy that thing that I dislike it.

This thread is about the announcement of the BOTW sequel. It is not a Zelda cheer thread.

Many people are happy that it's a direct sequel. Some of us (for various reasons) are not. Everyone is free to say whether or not they like what Nintendo revealed.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Late 2020 for a direct Breath of the Wild sequel would be my guess.

They're going to refine and add and that takes less time than reinventing.

Callego

Nov 22, 2017
Playable Zelda is a possibility due to her new hair style. The short hair will remove the issue of hair physics on a player character getting tangled on the outfits. I really this will be the one.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
The art direction for this game is absolutely stunning. Better than anything I've seen in E3 so far (Ori comes close though)

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is a prequel, this will show what happened before breath of the wild.

MXT

Banned
May 13, 2019
I just find it odd that someone would go somewhere where people are all celebrating a thing just to tell them how much they dislike the thing being celebrated is all. It's less "policing" and more out of confusion. If I don't like something I just put it behind me, I don't feel the need to tell people that enjoy that thing that I dislike it.

Yeah, stop doing that and you'll be fine.

Aug 27, 2018
This thread is about the announcement of the BOTW sequel. It is not a Zelda cheer thread.

Many people are happy that it's a direct sequel. Some of us (for various reasons) are not. Everyone is free to say whether or not they like what Nintendo revealed.
Yeah, you're right. I'm over arguing about this though, game looks rad and BOTW was incredible. Very excited for it.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
haha, okay bud. I like enjoying things, if you don't that's fine too
Ha. "Bud." Cute.

When did I say that, exactly? I loved BotW and think this looks great. Not liking something doesn't mean not liking everything. You should be confident enough in your opinions not to get all defensive when someone disagrees.

Enjoy your OMG HYPE!!!!! lil guy.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I knew they had put way too much time and work into that engine for it to be used in only one game!

En-ou

Oct 27, 2017
Chances are they'll keep the BotW Zelda English VA, whose performance wasn't very well-received. Though the voice wasn't my favorite either, the options of keeping her with a lot of harsh fan complaints or just replacing her are both less than ideal, or respectful to her efforts.

Anyway, we'll see what kind of structure the game will take, and whether we'll see a new map.
That's like the least of worries. Nintendo doesn't care about story. Its all about gameplay.