• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, I'm really stumped.

So Abby just killed Tommy and now I'm running after Ellie. Good news, I caught up with her! Now I'm letting myself get killed because fuck Abby but the game is telling me I'm doing something wrong and keeps restarting. I think this is a bug.

...yeah, I'm half joking. Fuck Abby.

LOLOMGWTFBBQ

Nov 7, 2017
I don't know how much I have left but
The entire hospital and the new infected/boss in the garage... holy shit! Also, the crossbow with the scope is just... too good.

IrishNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
y'all - finished Seattle day 3 yesterday

ugh why am i playing as the swole blonde fascist, this shit is not an anime and i don't care about her plight

how long am i stuck with this narrative choice

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Guys, I'm really stumped.

So Abby just killed Tommy and now I'm running after Ellie. Good news, I caught up with her! Now I'm letting myself get killed because fuck Abby but the game is telling me I'm doing something wrong and keeps restarting. I think this is a bug.

...yeah, I'm half joking. Fuck Abby.

You have to sneak up on her from behind.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
That feeling when you cross paths with a bloater and realize you don't have any molotovs or explosives left

y'all - finished Seattle day 3 yesterday

ugh why am i playing as the swole blonde fascist, this shit is not an anime and i don't care about her plight

how long am i stuck with this narrative choice

Her plight is the exact same as Ellie's lmao

Ellie doesn't get bonus points because she was lucky enough to be brought into a friendlier community. Also, you've only seen one side of things so far.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit.

Just met the Shamblers. Holy shit. The first part in the station was great, though. Using the clickers against the WLF and making the run for it was pure stonks.

IrishNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
Its the other 50% of the game.

Strap in.. its the better half imo
That feeling when you cross paths with a bloater and realize you don't have any molotovs or explosives left

Her plight is the exact same as Ellie's lmao

Ellie doesn't get bonus points because she was lucky enough to be brought into a friendlier community. Also, you've only seen one side of things so far.

uggghhh god
this naruto shit, whyyy
damned if they're gonna make me care about fash trash

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
has anyone else noticed that labeling spoilers "I'm on Day X" is a terrible way to signify progress with how the game deals with chronology

I prefer using the chapter titles in the save screen cuz then it's more specific while not really spoiling anything

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Wait,
When you go back to the hospital as Abby, this is of course before Ellie gets there, you get to the see the layout and everything, it's the game place. Do we know if these are the same people or at least some of them are the same you face when you go there as Ellie? Bear, the dog, is it there too?

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
The gameplay is levels above part 1 its not even funny. Im 28 hours into the game and it legit feels like I still have alot more to go.

The second half of the game turns into straight up resident evil. I just finished the hospital run with Abby and I almost shat my pants several times during that part. Most of her gameplay involves her going into creepy ass buildings. I'm really impress with the second half twist- I didnt expect to like Abby after what she did to Joel but I actually like her. Its also real cool that she plays a bit different from Ellie. I just got to Day 3 for her story. Curious to see where it goes. The game really makes Ellie seem like a piece of shit.

The gameplay loop is so good. Introducing the SCARs for the first time the way they did was so clever- it was such an exhilarating moment. Those whistles really keep you on your toes.

ron_bato

Oct 25, 2017
Wait,
When you go back to the hospital as Abby, this is of course before Ellie gets there, you get to the see the layout and everything, it's the game place. Do we know if these are the same people or at least some of them are the same you face when you go there as Ellie? Bear, the dog, is it there too?

Yup.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Wait,
Yes I believe that's the implication, although most of them have left by then

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah when I first started playing this I really was thinking "plays mostly the same, some slight improvements." But as I got more into it and really appreciated Ellie's mobility and the effect it has on combat, this game is head and shoulders above the first in gameplay terms.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it up tonight. Had a great time with it. I still have a few trophies to go back and clean up, but I'm gonna take a day or two and digest before I do.

Cess007

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Finished Day 1

The museum section. My heart can't take moments like Ellie riding a T-Rex or Ellie imagining she's on the Apollo 11. It's breaking my heart :(

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I can't stop playing, it's so good.

Spoilers Day 1

After what happened with Joel it really hurts playing the flashbacks.

The museum flashback was amazing, Can't believe how much I miss Joel.

it's funny, the flashbacks is kinda what I wanted from the sequel, Ellie casually growing up, but it's still Ellie and Joel together.

Still love the game though.

Also that sequel burn by Joel in the musuem.

There was a sequel..it was not as good.

It's like they knew :P

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If your like me and are OCD about scouring every location for loot and seeing the sights. Buckle up this is like a 35 hour game apparently. Im 25 hours in and im feeling like i got a lot more to go.

im getting a 2 games in 1/SOTN upside down castle vibe from this shit. Now i know why there isnt multiplayer.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I can't stop playing, it's so good.

Spoilers Day 1

After what happened with Joel it really hurts playing the flashbacks.

The museum flashback was amazing, Can't believe how much I miss Joel.

it's funny, the flashbacks is kinda what I wanted from the sequel, Ellie casually growing up, but it's still Ellie and Joel together.

Still love the game though.

Also that sequel burn by Joel in the musuem.

There was a sequel..it was not as good.

It's like they knew :P

image.png

image.png

ron_bato

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. I love the ending but the combat section was unnecessary leading up to it.

Same. It's probably the weakest part of the game for me. I see why they felt like they needed it, but I thought everything (save for the gameplay part of it) about that section almost cheapened the ending sequence.

I didn't like how generic the rattlers were. Because of time constraints, I'm sure they couldn't go beyond any characterization or depth beyond the 'they're obviously horrible' tropes we find in popular media. That section almost felt like a bad The Walking Dead story arc.

I get why they did it in that they wanted to show the lengths Ellie would go to in her pursuit of 'justice' or as a means to address her PTSD. But everything surrounding (again, excluding the gameplay and technical aspects if that section) that section lacked the depth and nuance that was present in the entire game and how they dealt with the Seattle factions. It felt nothing more than a means to an end.

That said, i'm glad it was relatively short, and that it ultimately didn't really take away the impact of the final sequence with Abby and Ellie.

Eternalgamer

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I really love how the second half of this game turns into more of an action game. Once I learned to embrace that, I started having a great time in that half.

Abby is such a bad ass. It was a really good way to make the player feel connected with her after scrambling so much in part one.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Also does anyone feel like:
Ellie is obsessed with killing Abby because she couldn't make peace with Joel before he died and thus she feels tremendous guilt? Also does anyone think Ellie would have spared Nora, Mel and Owen had they not tried to kill her? It seems Ellie only wants Abby /SPOILER]

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't been really reading this thread, but I kinda just want the game to be over now. The combat is fun and the acting is phenomenal but not a fan of the pacing, story or exploration. Not into the Naughty Dog-isms all over this either. You know press triangle to boost, use ladder, use rope, slow walking, etc. I think that would definitely stand out less if the game were shorter as it wasn't really a big deal to me in the first game, but this is just boring me now. Don't get me wrong, it's a well made game but I'm not feeling it like I hoped. This game is just dragging. I wonder if I've gotten to the point that everyone hates already lol

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I really love how the second half of this game turns into more of an action game. Once I learned to embrace that, I started having a great time in that half.

Abby is such a bad ass. It was a really good way to make the player feel connected with her after scrambling so much in part one.
I'm playing on Survivor but I put the the resources down to Hard because having more ammo seemed more appropriate for the pace

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
If your like me and are OCD about scouring every location for loot and seeing the sights. Buckle up this is like a 35 hour game apparently. Im 25 hours in and im feeling like i got a lot more to go.

im getting a 2 games in 1/SOTN upside down castle vibe from this shit. Now i know why there isnt multiplayer.

I'm the same way and it took me 32 hours. Although I did miss quite a bit of the collectibles somehow. So maybe I wasn't as thorough as I thought I was.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Hot damn, the load after skipping a cut-scene is often as long (feels longer) than the actual cut-scene lol

The engine is probably making a PS4 sweat balls loading so much data while a cut-scene is running to create a seamless experience.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
has anyone else noticed that labeling spoilers "I'm on Day X" is a terrible way to signify progress with how the game deals with chronology

I prefer using the chapter titles in the save screen cuz then it's more specific while not really spoiling anything

It really is.

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
How much do I have left y'all...

I just got to the part where Ellie is living in the ranch and decides to go after Abby again.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
So far I've been completely absorbed by this game. It takes a lot out of me and need to take breaks cause it's so draining but it feels like ND made another classic.

And holy shit looks like a PS5 game, best artists in the business lol and the animations are unbelievable.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I really think they should re-think how they handle the looting system. Having to scour every inch of every building for ammo/supplies really takes away from the pacing and story, but it does make sense in the world. I don't know how to solve it, but jogging and backstepping up and down aisles is a little cumbersome.
I don't know how they could do it otherwise, have all the item magically collected after the combat ends? that didn't sounds good. besides, I like taking my time to relax after particular hard and stressful encounter, just look at the environment while keeping eye for loot.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Think I'm enjoying the combat a lot more with the Slo Mo aiming turned on. Especially in close quarters shooting when I struggle to land a shot with anything but a shotgun. Hadn't checked out the accessibility options until Boomstick Gaming made a video about the aiming, and made me realize that I do enjoy this feature in other shooters I've played with a controller (perhaps more so in shooters at 30 FPS). Great to have so many accessibility options for this game.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Haven't been really reading this thread, but I kinda just want the game to be over now. The combat is fun and the acting is phenomenal but not a fan of the pacing, story or exploration. Not into the Naughty Dog-isms all over this either. You know press triangle to boost, use ladder, use rope, slow walking, etc. I think that would definitely stand out less if the game were shorter as it wasn't really a big deal to me in the first game, but this is just boring me now. Don't get me wrong, it's a well made game but I'm not feeling it like I hoped. This game is just dragging. I wonder if I've gotten to the point that everyone hates already lol

You'd know if you got there.

Quick question: do enemies have a harder time spotting you if you keep your flashlight off?

Infected don't see your flashlight but humans do.

Oct 31, 2017
Quick question: do enemies have a harder time spotting you if you keep your flashlight off?
Just last night I was detected by a WLF because I had my flashlight on. She couldn't see me, but she could see the light projecting out from the corner of the cover I was sitting behind. She said"whose flashlight is that?" and started approaching my position. I quickly flipped it off and shifted around so I could grab her. Playing on Hard.

I'm not sure if the human enemies would notice your flashlight in the original game honestly. Maybe they did? But I'm not sure if I ever had it happen.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days) - Unmarked Spoilers
Also does anyone feel like:
Ellie is obsessed with killing Abby because she couldn't make peace with Joel before he died and thus she feels tremendous guilt? Also does anyone think Ellie would have spared Nora, Mel and Owen had they not tried to kill her? It seems Ellie only wants Abby /SPOILER]
\Honestly no. From Ellie's POV these people traveled hundreds of miles with the sole goal to brutally torture and murder Joel. Sure they didn't land the killing blow but they all watched it happen/spit on his corpse. If Nora, Mel and Owen sold out Abby immediately and begged for forgiveness Ellie would have considered it but she was looking for any excuse.

Edit: Sorry for being sloppy. Thought I hit spoiler tags. I'll take the ban for folks who stumbled upon it before I fixed it.

Last edited:

Eugene's Axe

Jan 17, 2019
[/QUOTE]
Infected don't see your flashlight but humans do.
If a human enemy sees your light they will investigate. I believe that isn't the case for infected.
Just last night I was detected by a WLF because I had my flashlight on. She couldn't see me, but she could see the light projecting out from the corner of the cover I was sitting behind. She said"whose flashlight is that?" and started approaching my position. I quickly flipped it off and shifted around so I could grab her. Playing on Hard.

I'm not sure if the human enemies would notice your flashlight in the original game honestly. Maybe they did? But I'm not sure if I ever had it happen.
Thank you guys.