• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

broony

Oct 27, 2017
How can I check my digital copy has preloaded?

Nothing on the dashboard list, nothing when I browse my storage > games, when I go to library not there, but is under purchases. Looking there in purchases I have icons for themes and add ins which say installed but not sure if that is the actual game. No notification to say it was installed recently.

Edit* just set it off to download through the download list on my phone as suggested above. Wasn't installed previously. Looks like preload didn't happen as should have.

StiLteD

Nov 11, 2017
London
How can I check my digital copy has preloaded?

Nothing on the dashboard list, nothing when I browse my storage > games, when I go to library not there, but is under purchases. Looking there in purchases I have icons for themes and add ins which say installed but not sure if that is the actual game. No notification to say it was installed recently.

Mine is just on the cross bar with a timer under it. Also same in my library. If you can't see it in the ps4 OS, try it signing in Online in a browser.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Thanks to Naughty Dog's accessibility settings and the wonders of editing, I recorded a video of what the game would look like if it was running at 60fps... Be cool if you could have a look! :)

(Opening scene, combat from previously shown areas in previews/reviews)

Azaan60

Mar 18, 2020
The game is out in New Zealand!!!!!!!!!!

VZcgJaG_d.webp

I'm going in people. See you on the other side.

Last edited:

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
Now the embargo has gone kaput and the game is starting to release, this might be worth leaving here.

(Disclosure: my site)

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Well I'll say I'm never ordering from Playstation Direct anymore. "Get it on release date" means we'll send you a shipping delay notice email 4 days before release but won't let you cancel it since it went past the processing stage.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Guys, I have a problem.
I've got this today.

xVSK9zD.jpg

But, my very first brand new 4K TV arrives tomorrow in about 18 hours.
What to do now? Enjoy the first hours in glorious super sampling on my old tv cause it's a long game anyway, or should I rather wait till tomorrow to have a proper first impression to the game and to my new 4K HDR OLED TV?

😥

Oct 27, 2017
When the door rings and it's UPS / Fedex and they have a package for you.........but it's not the Last Of Us II. It's.....curtains. Curtains that you wife has ordered.

In the words of my 2 year old, I am sad.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, I have a problem.
I've got this today.

xVSK9zD.jpg

What to do now? Enjoy the first hours in glorious super sampling on my old tv cause it's a long game anyway, or should I rather wait till tomorrow to have a proper first impression to the game and to my new 4K HDR OLED TV?

😥
Play a couple of hours now. That way when you play on your new set, you can really compare the difference.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, I have a problem.
I've got this today.

xVSK9zD.jpg

😥
You will want to replay the game at least 2 times anyway so you can start now.

MosTik

Nov 29, 2017
Guys, I have a problem.
I've got this today.

xVSK9zD.jpg

😥
I would play it an once new TV shown up be blown away by it picture quality

I got another days work to do an wait for my last of us console bundle to turn up 😀

Hopewell

Jan 17, 2018
Just received my copy!
It's my most anticipated game of all time and I managed to avoid the spoilers.
I just have to wait 20min for the installation!

Deleted member 27315

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Guys, I have a problem.
I've got this today.

xVSK9zD.jpg

😥
first world problems. :P

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Seeing a bunch of streamers, one notable one that is huge that finished Part I yesterday for the first time playing Part II...makes me so jealous :/.

WackoWambo

Jan 11, 2018
Can't wait to get excited to start my PS4 Pro after a few months off and load up the game only to hear the fan go "HNNGNGNNGGNGNNGGNGGNGNGNGNGNGNNGNGNG".

I always laugh at that when I boot up my PS4 for an exclusive.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Guys, I have a problem.
I've got this today.

xVSK9zD.jpg

😥

Just start it! It'll look great supersampled on your 1080p TV still. You'll get a nice boost tomorrow when your new TV arrives.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Man, just found out amazon shipped it UPS. UPS has been more consistent than the post office which sometimes runs a day late. But UPS has been delivering to my house so late.

Wait, I actually sent it to my job so it should be here early. Forgot about that. I just wanted to get it installing as soon as I get home.

Sep 21, 2019
About how many hours are reviewers saying is typical to beat it? I'm wondering how many days I should consider myself MIA while playing this.

I'm exploring EVERYTHING on hard and have 16 hours clocked and am getting close to the halfway mark.

Played 12 hours straight yesterday.

I'd say 4 to 5 days depending on playstyle and difficulty.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Guys, I have a problem.
I've got this today.

xVSK9zD.jpg

😥

lol a problem I wish I had.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just preloaded the game, successfully avoided spoilers... looking forward for tonight

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I might get a retail today, but if not I consider going digital with this. Is there a pre-load? And when does it unlock in Germany? Midnight local time?

Deleted member 32679

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Is there any way to block YouTube from recommending me videos that could spoil the story for me?

It happened for God of War and I'm extremely excited for part 2.

Dhuggs_

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I'm still waiting for GameStop to ship out my game today. My wife paid for release day delivery and I'm hoping they don't let us down.

Gumbie

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks to Naughty Dog's accessibility settings and the wonders of editing, I recorded a video of what the game would look like if it was running at 60fps... Be cool if you could have a look! :)

(Opening scene, combat from previously shown areas in previews/reviews)

Damn...makes me want to wait on the inevitable PS5 version.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, I have a problem.
I've got this today.

xVSK9zD.jpg

😥
Wait! The opening scene is one of the most beautiful of the game

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I've been to multiple stores in hope of an early copy.
Not only is it not being sold yet but just to taunt me there are already cleared areas where the game and console bundles will be sitting tomorrow.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Don't watch early game play streams if you don't want spoilers. The stuff that was embargoed starts around an hour in.

DeepChord

Jan 21, 2018
Can you change difficulty mid playthrough? I want to start on Survivor, but turn it down to Hard if it gets too intense