• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Scarf

Oct 27, 2017
The most important part for me is this:
  • Aiming Acceleration Scale option
  • Aiming Ramp Power Scale option
This should completely fix the horrendous camera movement and aiming. You should be able to remove the aim acceleration and play with linear response curve.

I can actually finish the game now!

Apr 19, 2018
I'm sure this has been answered already... but are the 'grounded' difficulty options part of the customisable difficulty? As in could I theoretically have Grounded for most things and Hard for resource scarcity?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's customizable so long as you set it by way of those varying difficulty variants. If you start the game on Grounded at the beginning from scratch, you're pretty much locked into the mode and it cannot be customized.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Doing the whole game on Grounded with perma-death honestly sounds like one of the hardest videogame challenges ever made lol. Hmm, I guess players will learn all kinds of exploits and cheap ways to do it though. That's my problem with extremely high difficulties, they incentivise the player to play the game in an anti-fun way. I'll check out some stream though definitely

Oct 30, 2017
Doing the whole game on Grounded with perma-death honestly sounds like one of the hardest videogame challenges ever made lol. Hmm, I guess players will learn all kinds of exploits and cheap ways to do it though. That's my problem with extremely high difficulties, they incentivise the player to play the game in an anti-fun way. I'll check out some stream though definitely
Yeah it definitely affects player behavior. But anyone attempting something that ridiculous is doing this at a minimum of a second play through. I can't imagine someone would do that to themselves on the first playthrough.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
idk about resourced being more scarce than survivor, you only had like 2 or 3 bullets per gun max on that mode.
Yeah, even more resource scarcity than Survivor is straight up masochistic. You'll pretty much be limited to bypassing enemies with stealth and knife-kills for 90% of the game.

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
Fuck it. Going to try Grounded permadeath tomorrow.

I'm guessing I'll make it to Hillcrest and that'll be that.

Oct 25, 2017
I've played through twice and gotten the plat, but I gotta say I'm wanting to play again with a B&W-type, "cinema" filter on.

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Helpful video!

Can you confirm if film grain adjustment is relegated to just turning it on or off? Or is there a slider option?

Also are the Slow Motion and Enhanced Listen Mode extras any different from what was already available via the Accessibility menus?
From shancake 's Press Start video demonstration, it seems it can only be turned on or disabled entirely. But I myself was curious if there's a slider option for more granular adjusting.

You can turn it up and down between 0-10. I had JUST cut this from the video at the last second because with YT compression, it was already kind of hard to see a difference.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Has it been confirmed that you can earn trophies for collectibles and such with infinite ammo and crafting on? That's more the kind of replay I'm looking for rather than Grounded and permadeath. #casualgamer

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Has it been confirmed that you can earn trophies for collectibles and such with infinite ammo and crafting on? That's more the kind of replay I'm looking for rather than Grounded and permadeath. #casualgamer
Yeah I want the plat, but man do I NOT LIKE collecting...it's such a chore, but an easy plat is an easy plat.

Apr 19, 2018
Man, the game's clarity with the film grain off is incredible. Thank you ND!

I've found that adjusting the Aiming Acceleration and Ramp Power options to 4 and 1 respectively has greatly improved my headshot game.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
50210569602_ff90b1bd21_o.jpg

"Captured from PS4 Pro" 🥴

Judging by that other thread - looks more lke PS5 footage 🤣

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
Does anyone else have a problem with "Bullet Speed Mode" in that it doesn't actually turn off even when you have it off? reloading saves/quitting and loading back don't work.

Scarf

Oct 27, 2017
The most important part for me is this:
  • Aiming Acceleration Scale option
  • Aiming Ramp Power Scale option
This should completely fix the horrendous camera movement and aiming. You should be able to remove the aim acceleration and play with linear response curve.

I can actually finish the game now!

Welp, these settings only work when aiming so the camera controls are still ass. Why can't I change the aim acceleration and response curve when looking around? It's fun playing with the highest sensitivity when the camera starts spinning around at the speed of light if the stick goes past a treshold of 60%. Oh, and still no deadzone options.

So stupid.

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe they would totally mess with their own design and their own intent with these updates. Was no one there to protect them from themselves?

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I loaded up an old save where I was collecting coins for the Plat and tried out the renders. Had my very first crash to the error screen. Had no probs before this patch. Probably just coincidence. I would have liked the film grain option when I played it twice through, with no crashes, but don't think I am up for a 3rd playthrough just yet.