• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Second chance?

• Yes

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 90.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
(am I making too many threads?)

Background: a while ago (sometime mid to late last year I believe), I started messaging this guy. Tall, good-looking, nice upper-body, etc.

After we started messaging, I found him to be a little......intimidating, lol. He knew exactly what he wanted, kept pressuring me to set up a time for us to get together, and I was just a tiny bit overwhelmed.

I guess he got tired of me saying "I can't tonight" and said that I "seem flaky".

I took offense (because I thought we were getting along well) and told him that was BS. I forget what his exact response was, but he never apologized. Call me Mr. Sensitive, but I just wanted an apology. I stopped responding to him and then he blocked me.

About a month ago, he tried to get me on Tinder and I ignored him

Fast-forward to yesterday morning. A profile catches my eye.

IMG-7423-1.png

and I message him and he responds back

IMG-7421.png

TF??

One thing I don't do is flake. If we set a time, you better believe I will be there or will message you ahead of time if I can't make it. Yes it's just a hook-up, but I still like to act like a decent human being (despite the behavior of others).

So I'm thinking, "Who in the world is calling me a flake??"

After I don't respond for a while, he just sends his face pics.

Oh. Him. Ugh.

Well, like I said before, he's good looking and I'm not as intimidated by him anymore and I guess all is forgiven. So why the hell not?

So yesterday I was having a pretty busy day and propose 3 different meet-up times: something quick in the afternoon, something around 12 or 1am at night, or sometime on Saturday.

He picks night. Cool.

My day is coming to a close and it's a little after 11 I see that he hasn't messaged me. So I message him.

No response.

I'm free for the night so I figure I'll just get ahead of schedule and drive to St. Pete (20 mins away). I just walk around the city for a bit and shoot him a message.

Still no response.

So I figure I'll just hang around in St. Pete until 1 and then leave.

And of course, he's still MIA.

I'm not mad, but just a tiny bit aggravated that he's such a hypocrite.

A little later, he's says he fell asleep

Flake.jpg

I totally call him out for being a hypocrite and he's still apologizing.

Like I said, I'm not pissed, but just a bit annoyed. I'm wondering if I should give him another chance. He apologized which I appreciate. Dunno how sincere it is but....it is what is I suppose.

RetroRunner

Dec 6, 2020
I mean if this is just about sex how reliable do they need to be? If you want an emotional connection run away from this one

OP
OP
MIMIC

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
I mean if this is just about sex how reliable do they need to be? If you want an emotional connection run away from this one

No. Nothing emotional at all.

It's just that flakes are so annoying and I'm wondering if I should even bother with him. I'd never flake so I'd like that same consideration.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Don't mean to threadwhine, but these threads are kind of a bummer after we lost blamespace in the last one.

And I agree with the many people from that thread who pointed out that these are basically blog posts. You're not even asking for advice or anything, just sharing a story that is frankly mundane to anyone who has dating experience.

Maybe it would help if you explained your reasoning for making all these threads. Do you think they're entertaining? Do you just need someone to vent to and don't have anyone in your life who will listen? Are you just bragging about all the sex you're having?

But yeah, I would say you're making too many threads. We really don't need an update every time you have sex, or every time you interact with someone you hope to have sex with. But if you insist on providing them please just make "Mimic's Sex Life |OT|" in Community and keep it in there.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I saw this thread on my lunch break and before I even clicked I was laughing. Thanks.

(Maybe you should try Jack'd)

Patryn

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised that people have said yes to him so far. I was definitely going to ignore but figured I'd get a second opinion lol
I believe most of the yeses are to your first question. The one in parentheses.

To which I also answer yes. If you really need Era's input, there's a perfectly fine dating thread that already exists.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017

Just make a "Do you wish to continue receiving updates on my run-of-the-mill dating life" poll to clear it up.

Edit: actually you haven't made that many of these. For some reason it felt like there'd been a ton, but it's actually like three or four. Think I'm still salty about blamespace being permed for what seemed like a totally innocuous post in the last one, but that's on the mods.

I apologize for being a dick.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe save him for a hate fuck lol

If I drove to meet someone and they flaked on me I'd be fucking pissed

RetroRunner

Dec 6, 2020
I'm surprised that people have said yes to him so far. I was definitely going to ignore but figured I'd get a second opinion lol
You're making threads about looking for sex from hot people, and asking if you should have sex with someone you find hot but unreliable, live your best life man.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Honestly, no. They really don't seem to be worth your time. Especially if they have the gall to call you a flake.

johan

Oct 29, 2017
I love your Grindr posts so please continue

Also I wouldn't give him a second chance I suppose. He called you flaky which you aren't, and then it turns out he's flaky. Fuck that

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
There's a perfectly decent dating thread you can post in, instead of making the whole site your personal blog page, especially so soon after your last one.

Nov 8, 2017
How the fuck do you just keep tripping into gaping orifices? I'm on like 5 dating apps and no one will even give me a phone number unless I chat with them for like six fuckin' months.

But to answer your question, yes, I'd be annoyed too if I finally found that one person who was actually interested in meeting up and kept coming up with excuses why it wasn't a good time.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
To answer the OP.

I really can't talk, because I am a reformed Grindr flake. I used to do that all the time (and "I fell asleep" was one of my go-to excuses). Never because I wasn't attracted, just sometimes have eyes bigger than your stomach you know?

But in his case this feels like revenge.

gerg

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, a flaky guy on Grindr? Stop the presses.

These threads should be consolidated.

This genuinely made me LOL!

MIMIC, it seems that you had a sense that this guy wasn't worth your time from the beginning, and yet you still went out of the way to give him an opportunity to disappoint you.

Don't bother with him.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Mimic, please use your massive platform and power to get justice for Blamespace.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
MIMIC, how many families have you broken apart this week?

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the definition of being flaky (i.e. unreliable?), but he suggested several meet-ups to which you gave unconvincing noncommittal excuses and you're upset that he accused you of being flaky?

Also yeah, this is a really uninteresting story and should probably just go in the general dating topic.

OP
OP
MIMIC

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the definition of being flaky (i.e. unreliable?), but he suggested several meet-ups to which you gave unconvincing noncommittal excuses and you're upset that he accused you of being flaky?

Also yeah, this is a really uninteresting story and should probably just go in the general dating topic.

Well my understanding of being flaky was being committed, then backing out. Maybe I was being flaky? I dunno. Maybe I was misunderstanding the phrase as well?

(fake edit: I do remember suggesting one specific time and he said he wasn't available so there's that)

Status
Not open for further replies.