• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What T-Rex do you prefer?

• Chonk T-rex

Votes: 96 51.1%
  • JP T-Rex

Votes: 30 16.0%
  • Feathered T-Rex?

Votes: 62 33.0%

• Total voters

Ishmael

Oct 27, 2017
Note, when you see a big "chonky" wild animal, don't assume that it is overweight.

In fact, assume that it is actually swole AF and you don't want to fuck with it.

maxresdefault.jpg

hd77tlxpj6k31.jpg
Naturally, there's a picture of someone fucking with the gigantic shark.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
Hey, everyone: current scientific consensus is that adult T-rex likely did not have feathers.

And the JP T-rex, while special and always in my heart, is based on an incomplete reconstruction that doesn't include the gastralia (the breast plate that ran along rexy's chest and underbelly) which is why her belly is all caved in like that.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
First the feathers and now this smh. This campaign to make them less cool needs to stop.
I'll never understand this "scientifically accurate T-Rex is less cool" nonsense.

The more I read about T-Rex the more OP it sounds.

Bite force, eyesight, sense of smell, mobility relative to its size, strength (even the tiny arms were strong enough to rip your arm off).

The thing was an absolute beast.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone makes fun of tyrannosaur arms when they didn't even have the goofiest arm proprotions of the theropods.

That honor goes to the abelisaurids, like Carnotaurus.

Carnotaurus_sastrei_Andrey_Atuchin.jpg

Deleted member 77016

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 4, 2020
Remember when everyone was raving about how big spinosaurus was but then as we found more fossils it turned out to be actually very light for it's length,

While with the discovery of Scotty T.Rex has reclaimed the top spot at a maximum known weight of 9 tons.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
The hell's he doing with a whole damn hadrosaur? He better be sharing that with the missus, 'cause his fat ass sure don't need that many hadro-burgers!

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
It would of course be too late by the time you feel that vibration because T-Rex would be upon you and the last thing you'd feel is searing pain, and then nothing as your spine breaks. The last thing you'd smell is its putrid breath and the last thing you'd see is the darkness of its mouth and then nothing.
Another Vore Thursday on Era I see.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
I gotta chock with me right now I got him in a blanket lol
a pig in a blanket
he is the best cat ever

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
As has been pointed out many times, the film versions, and previous scientific reconstructions, always just recreated the bare minimum on the bones, as if the animals were starving.
Yep. The animals we see in film are not being given reasonable musculature because that stuff isn't preserved. For example, this is a baboon as drawn in the way that we reconstruct dinosaurs using nothing but the skeleton:

image.jpg

So yes, give me more chonk dinosaurs.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see an adaptation of Far-Seer using this model. That's basically Afsan as far as I'm concerned.

OP
OP

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like it will tire out after a few seconds running at 25mph.
Interestingly, Stephen L. Brusatte in his book The Rise and Fall of the Dinosaurs postulated that T-Rex may have hunted in groups and therefore wouldn't need to rely solely on their speed. They could plan ambushes and target specific prey and funnel them towards those lying in wait.

It's a great read.

A1jyQeP64zL.jpg