• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious how they are gonna do the download for Warlords. They said there won't be a preload, but will it be a patch, or has it already been patched in, and will just be live on the 3rd?

Most likely a live download on the 3rd as patch (with TU8, plus maintenance window affecting all) for WONY owners.

I wonder if it'll be separate from the TU8 files , or will every Division player have WONY data on their comps?

Oct 27, 2017
awww that sucks to hear, we were lucky and everything went alright, got our Diamondbacks now.
don't let this stuff put you off too much, it sadly happens sometimes :(

Yeah it's a mild annoyance but never mind, we'll try it again soon. I've just got to gear level 396 and my mate is 387 so we can do the judiciary square stronghold now so that should take us to world tier.....4? I think! Them we'll try Kenly stuff again.

I do love Division 2, the levels and the environment are so we'll put together and organic. They feel really nice to fight in and there is usually multiple tactics for success.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I've got one more burning question: what are some of the major changes coming in the new expansion that a casual player like me will notice? I want to do a deep dive into TD2, but the game at launch just wasn't there to keep me around for long.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
I've got one more burning question: what are some of the major changes coming in the new expansion that a casual player like me will notice? I want to do a deep dive into TD2, but the game at launch just wasn't there to keep me around for long.
+when you get equipment drops each stat will have a percent bar showing how close it is to the maximum value for that stat
+some new skills (from division1)
+skill power stat is changed:
before: does nothing but unlocks requirements to equip mods
after: affects power? and cooldown? (mods no longer have a requirement)
+your character will be autoleveled to 30?

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
It depends on whether or not you are getting the expansion. If you are buying the expansion then all lvl 30 gear will be useless to you cause you'll find better gear.
If you are NOT getting the expansion, then do keep your gear cause it will turn to Gear 2.0 and might be worth it for your recal library!

Not planning the buy the expac at launch just to see how things pan out. I think there is still content I haven't played in the base game so I guess I will hold onto the high ends I have for now in case it turns into something awesome.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to dip back into this. Showed I had 350-something days since my last login. Nice.

Anyway, did they get rid of needing specific offensive/defensive/skill point distributions to activate talents? It vaguely recall this being a thing at launch, but I can't seem to find it in the gear descriptions now.

Edit: Oh wait, I see it's on weapons. Maybe I'm not remembering it right. It's asking me to pick a specialization, but I could've sworn I already maxed out one tree last time I played. Now it's all empty. Hmmmm....

Edit 2: Oh my god, the screen for specializations is terrible. There is no indication it scrolls! Found my survivalist tree.

Last edited:

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, reading up on Kenly College and all I see is a bunch of complaints that it's incredibly difficult to solo. Does that match the experience of people here? With me being rusty and all I'm not sure if that's a good way to reintroduce myself to the game but also I know it's a limited-time thing so...

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh, reading up on Kenly College and all I see is a bunch of complaints that it's incredibly difficult to solo. Does that match the experience of people here? With me being rusty and all I'm not sure if that's a good way to reintroduce myself to the game but also I know it's a limited-time thing so...

There's a couple of tricky spots, but I managed to solo it fairly easily when it first launched. It's not a breeze though. Make sure you have an armour repair skill equipped as a minimum.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Decided to dip back into this. Showed I had 350-something days since my last login. Nice.

Anyway, did they get rid of needing specific offensive/defensive/skill point distributions to activate talents? It vaguely recall this being a thing at launch, but I can't seem to find it in the gear descriptions now.

Edit: Oh wait, I see it's on weapons. Maybe I'm not remembering it right. It's asking me to pick a specialization, but I could've sworn I already maxed out one tree last time I played. Now it's all empty. Hmmmm....

Edit 2: Oh my god, the screen for specializations is terrible. There is no indication it scrolls! Found my survivalist tree.
They are dropping requirements for talents March 3rd (Tuesday). Everything about gear seems to be changing for the better, from the chance of full god rolls to actually seing how good a roll is in the UI to dropping requirements, to removal of Damage To Elites talents to rebalancing to being able to store high rolls for recalibration and beyond.

Builds will be more intuitive as talents are getting reworked to only appear on two slots but be far more powerful and build altering.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

I tried to solo it earlier this week and found it fairly frustrating to try to solo. I'm not great at the game, but I'm not bad either.

I'm on PSN if you wanna team up.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/...-new-york-all-launch-information-at-a-glance?

TITLE UPDATE 8 MAINTENANCE AND EXPANSION DOWNLOAD
We kick things off on Monday, March 2nd by performing a maintenance to deploy Title Update 8. This Update will prepare us to release Warlords of New York worldwide and also brings Gear 2.0 and the rest of the free RPG changes for all players, including the ones who chose to stay in Washington D.C.

The maintenance will start on Monday, March 2nd at 9:30 AM CET / 3:30 AM ET / 12:30 AM PT and we estimate a 2.5-hour downtime to deploy the Update. Soon after the maintenance starts you will be able to download Title Update 8, which includes all files you need to start your journey to New York.

All players will be required to download the full update, including Warlords of New York exclusive content. Due to The Division 2 being a live game, all players are required to have the same version of the game installed to be able to play, however only owners of Warlords of New York will be able to access the expansion's content in-game.

DOWNLOAD & INSTALL SIZES
Xbox One: If you are performing a fresh digital installation, you can expect a 70-74 GB download. When performing a fresh install from The Division 2 base game disc, expect a 44 GB installation and an additional ~76 GB download afterwards. Players who have the latest Title Update 7 patch already installed can expect a ~60 GB download to be ready for Warlords of New York.

PlayStation 4: A fresh digital download will first install the base game at 44 GB and will then automatically patch to Title Update 8.1 with an additional 70-74 GB. Similarly, a fresh install from The Division 2 base game disc will first install 44 GB and requires an additional 70-74 GB download. Players who have the latest Title Update 7 patch already installed can expect a 14-16 GB download to be ready for Warlords of New York.

PC: A fresh install digitally or from the base game disc will prompt a 59.83 GB download to install Title Update 8.1. Players who have the latest Title Update 7 patch already installed can expect a 42 GB download to be ready for Warlords of New York.

Listed download sizes are estimates and can shift up until release due to ongoing optimization.

Approximate full installation size for all platforms is 75-80 GB.

WARLORDS OF NEW YORK EXPANSION RELEASE – MIND THE SPOILERS!
The exact timing on when you can talk to the helicopter pilot to take you to Lower Manhattan depends on your platform:

PlayStation 4 and Xbox One: The Division 2 Warlords of New York expansion will become available on March 3rd, midnight local time for all players in every country. Players from Australia and New Zealand will therefore have access to Warlords of New York immediately after our maintenance to deploy the Title Update.

PC: The Division 2 - Warlords of New York will become available worldwide March 2nd, immediately after the maintenance to deploy Title Update 8.1 is completed.

We want all players across all platforms and across the world, to access Warlords of New York as soon as possible on March 3rd Midnight local time. To allow this, we decided to perform our maintenance on Monday taking into account time zone constraints.

Due to technical constraints, accessing content on PC is tied to the end of the maintenance while it is tied to local times for other platforms, explaining the time difference.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Major stuff that's changed since you likely played last:
- A few more missions (if you didn't make it to World Tier 5, Strongholds introduced, basically the climactic faction battle missions of the base game, a mission at the zoo, a mission or two that expand the president's storyline, a couple of Pentagon missions and now some Coney Island missions)
- The Raid was launched (at launch it took 7 hours or something for the first team to beat it, now even scrubs like me can fly through it in 15 minutes)
- Targeted loot (now there are daily rotations for missions/areas of the map where you can target specific brands or modsor weapons to drop - this doesn't replace the normal loot, but is a bonus on top of it)
- Overall balancing of weapons and time to kill (honestly, there have been times where only a strategy or two worked on harder difficulties, whereas now, if you're good at the game, a decent build can beat a heroic mission when you're grouped up)

Major stuff that's coming March 3rd without the expansion

- Loot 2.0. Everything is getting an overhaul, most importantly: god rolls are possible now, since they are removing the budget system that meant if one stat was high another would be low, the UI directly tells you how close to a god roll something is, you can store stats for recalibration later an infinite number of times, you no longer need combinations of red/yellow/blues to unlock talents, so builds should be more intuitive, talents are re-worked and now only drop on two slots of gear (less confusion, but each talent will be more powerful), harder difficulties will up the chances of dropping better gear, new exotics, new gearsets, new brands, etc. Basically, everything you know is changing.
- Re-calibration libary (basically, you're trying to fill a Pokedex full of high attributes to be able to re-calibrate)
- Ability to set a difficulty for the overall world. So you can, if you choose, just play everything on Heroic and drown in good loot as a result.
- Some Quality of Life DZ changes that should make it a more exciting experience
- More hunters

Major stuff that's coming March 3rd with the expansion
- New LZ map in New York
- Raised level cap to 40 - once you're there there is no Gear Score
- New missions, with each boss unlocking a new skill/skill variant
- Potentially a conclusion to the Keener/President story we've been waiting for
- Seasons, which will be 3 months long that involve seasonal manhunts, progression tracks with cosmetic and cache unlocks, and have specific challenges to try to unlock
- Directives (like the Underground mode of Div 1, but applied to the overall map/missions), changing up the way you play the game. This can be toggled on/off. Example is one where enemies are a specific colour and you can only do damage to them with the right colour ammo, toggled by reloading. You get bonus damage if you hit the right colours or get penalized with eventual shocks for hitting the wrong colour. Etc.
- Legendary Difficulty (with new Black Tusk variant that's all white and is quite a bit harder not just in damage, but strategy/tactics)
- SHD levels - once you're at the level cap, when you get xp for the next level, you can increase core stats like weapon handling/damage/armor etc. on an account wide basis that ignores what gear you're wearing. Basically, maxed out you'll be able to boost your core stats by 10-20% it looks like.
- More hunters

Coming later:

- We know another raid is coming in the Spring after we've leveled up
- Most people assume there will be greater tweaks to PVP. While many want things like Survival or Last Stand to return, there have been no hints that they will

But, the changes to gear, how difficulty drops new gear, global difficulty modifiers and Seasons with their own progression/challenges/narratives etc. are the new hooks to get people back into the game, and hopefully keep 'em around.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
ER4R3mGWAAAv1Qi.jpg%3Alarge

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I tried to solo it earlier this week and found it fairly frustrating to try to solo. I'm not great at the game, but I'm not bad either.

On PC unfortunately, but thanks for the offer! I'll see if I can get in some time tonight and check if I'm in the Era PC clan again or not.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So right from the start I've run into a problem: it seems the very first mission (Dawn's Early Light) has a bug where the door to the division coordinator won't open. Supposedly this was supposed to be fixed in a patch, but not for me (even after restarts).

Is there a workaround so I don't have to start over and create a new character?

I assume there's nothing that can be done and I'll have to start over?

Do they let you change your character's appearance in-game (and for free)?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I assume there's nothing that can be done and I'll have to start over?

Do they let you change your character's appearance in-game (and for free)?
I haven't heard anything about that bug and started over a few times for characters slots 2-4 and a hardcore mode playthrough and never ran into it. Your best bet would be to post on Reddit.

Apperance can be changed at the barber. I think you're stuck with the face/eyes etc, but can change hairstyle and facial hair and tattoos. I could be wrong. March 3rd will also launch new options for faces, so if you're just starting up, you could just wait until then.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
haven't played, is there something like a pet class?
Not really. There are skill builds, but they'd probably be closer to mages? You can throw out seeker mines, drones, turrets, effects like flame/acid etc. that attack an area, heals, etc.

If they balance it right, the breakdown should be a good mix of:
- DPS, up close or with snipers (whether through straight weapon damage or boosts that come from specific conditions)
- Tanks, either through high armor/health or through a shield build (it's getting buffed significantly)
- Skill builds (right now these are mainly seeker mine/turret builds but it looks like dedicated healers may also be getting a buff)

Snowybreak

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, was away for a while, level 16 when I last left off. Now I'm at World Tier 5 and wondering what I should work towards.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Welp, was away for a while, level 16 when I last left off. Now I'm at World Tier 5 and wondering what I should work towards.
Before March 3rd, not all that much.

- Farm the exotics (as they can be upgraded to level 40, not right at launch but shortly after)
- Upgrade your specializations (these will be getting changes, so hard to say now which to invest in as priority - currently Sharpshooter and Technician are quite good while the minigun one is pretty lame)
- Farm the blueprints (Level 4 control points mostly)
- Max out your resources and farm some credits - the level 30-40 and then optimization grind will need money and mats to re-calibrate
- If you don't plan to buy the expansion, it's worth farming gear with high attributes. You'll be able to store the highest rolls you have to re-calibrate later
- If ever you're able, you can max out on Raid keys now...same keys will be usable come March 3rd whether level 30 or 40, for chances to unlock Eagle Bearer, etc.

For me, I'm mostly just getting one last bit of fun out of my Seeker build that basically has zero cooldown thanks to talent procs and 8 seekers each doing 637k damage, as I'm sure that build will be gonezo come Tuesday.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I just started playing this about a week ago. Is there a blueprint to find for the M1 rifle? That's my favorite gun so far but I'm starting to become overleveled for the one I have.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Do you know where I would find it? The only blueprints I have so far have been from quest rewards.
You get blueprints from a lot of places. You can buy them from vendors, including the crafting bench lady and you also get them from finishing lvl 4 (or 3?) control points. So check out all the vendors: White House, Settlements, all the DZ checkpoint vendors, Crafting lady etc... and you'll get more and more blueprints. And they get new ones as their stock refreshes.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing a good bit of late just in somewhat of a preparation for the expansion but a couple of things I hope get improved upon with the big update is the amount of loot that drops...it's just ridiculous, makes no sense, and 99.9% of it is just useless and a waste of time to even stop and look at it...just paralyzing. The other main thing for me and I've felt this way since playing the Technical Test before the game released and that's the overall tone of everything and the factions in particular. The Rioters, Rikers, Cleaners, and LMB somehow felt miles ahead of and from a differentiation standpoint to what we face in DC which just feels incredibly same-ish to me.

In any case, I'm looking forward to getting back to NY (or any new play-space for that matter) and seeing the game return to and expand upon what started to make the first game great (Gear Sets, Global Events, Directives, Legendary Difficulty, the tactical cosmetic game, etc).

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I've been playing a good bit of late just in somewhat of a preparation for the expansion but a couple of things I hope get improved upon with the big update is the amount of loot that drops...it's just ridiculous, makes no sense, and 99.9% of it is just useless and a waste of time to even stop and look at it...just paralyzing. The other main thing for me and I've felt this way since playing the Technical Test before the game released and that's the overall tone of everything and the factions in particular. The Rioters, Rikers, Cleaners, and LMB somehow felt miles ahead of and from a differentiation standpoint to what we face in DC which just feels incredibly same-ish to me.

In any case, I'm looking forward to getting back to NY (or any new play-space for that matter) and seeing the game return to and expand upon what started to make the first game great (Gear Sets, Global Events, Directives, Legendary Difficulty, the tactical cosmetic game, etc).
The entire loot system is reworked. Less stats, more clear structure to whether a roll is good or not and clearer use between skill,defense and offense stats.
They also said the amount of loot that drops is a bit lower but the use of the loot will be higher, especially with the recalibration library you fill bit by bit with higher rolls.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
so am i lucky, or does this game do the Destiny 2 thing....where it throws more loot at u, early and often (compared to first game)?

because i got my first magenta weapon at lvl 5. And magenta breathing mask thing at lvl 8.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
so am i lucky, or does this game do the Destiny 2 thing....where it throws more loot at u, early and often (compared to first game)?

because i got my first magenta weapon at lvl 5. And magenta breathing mask thing at lvl 8.
that's lucky on your side :)
starting at 10 you wear more and more blues, around 20 you start putting on the purples and then once you get to 30 it's all about the yellows baby

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017

Coming off the recent video on Division 2 AI, I think Kenly's biggest flaw is that it pits Outcast AI against players that have to defend/protect equipment in small, but open areas from a number of attack points. In theory, this isn't an issue in main missions featuring Outcast rushers or tanks who are typically funneled towards a defensive position.

But, that's not the case in Kenly at all, where they come at you from multiple angles, pushing aggressively in a barely organised manner. It's fucking frustrating for solo players without a doubt, especially when your defensive position is molotov'ed (denial of cover) and there's nowhere to go while a combo of ranged soliders and rushers go in for the jugular.

The lead dev folks in whichever Ubisoft studio that oversaw this DLC made a fuck up in design fundamentals for matching AI and mission objective design.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
So I haven't played the game much at all since the first couple months after its release. I beat the game and unlocked World Tier 1, but there was so much intro text when I came back to the game that I'm kind of lost now.

For example, the Campus settlement is showing up as red, but it still appears as a safehouse for me - what does the red on the campus indicate and how am I supposed to clear it?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
So I haven't played the game much at all since the first couple months after its release. I beat the game and unlocked World Tier 1, but there was so much intro text when I came back to the game that I'm kind of lost now.

For example, the Campus settlement is showing up as red, but it still appears as a safehouse for me - what does the red on the campus indicate and how am I supposed to clear it?
I believe there should be a line from it to a Supply or Settlement Blockade. Once you clear that it becomes a Settlement again. I think it was there to show how the invasion of the map changed everything.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

If you hover over the settlement you'll see that a line leads you to a blockade. If you go there you can do an event where you kill Black Tusk and that unlocks the settlement again for fast travel etc...

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did I screw something up or is the story of this game basically fired at you at random? I did a bunch of missions with almost no plot and then suddenly I got like 3 cut scenes in a row the next time I went back to the White House.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
That hurt just clearing out 300 items in my stash (bar exotics) in prep for next week.

The funny thing is most of them were vendor purchases, 1000+ chest skill power, 16% chest weapon dmg, 30% armour chest, 20% armour backpack, 9% backpack weapon dmg, 50k chest health and crafted gloves at 13% (all weapon types) dmg rolls.

And that's where the main problem with the game has lay for months, if you ever got a better item than any of the above I hope you put the lottery numbers on for that week! Thankfully, that's all changing :)

Badgerst

Oct 27, 2017
Game has been fun to return to. Grinding for the Savage Wolverine was actually fun. The gameplay feedback loop is really satisfying. New DLC purchased. looking forward to gear and talent updates. I don't need 62 backpacks and 41 gloves taking up my stash waiting for the perfect roll.

also gotta say that the matchmaking is pretty seamless. I went from the daily heroic mission to matchmaking bounties without a hitch.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I haven't heard anything about that bug and started over a few times for characters slots 2-4 and a hardcore mode playthrough and never ran into it. Your best bet would be to post on Reddit.

Apperance can be changed at the barber. I think you're stuck with the face/eyes etc, but can change hairstyle and facial hair and tattoos. I could be wrong. March 3rd will also launch new options for faces, so if you're just starting up, you could just wait until then.

I guess I'll wait for the March 3rd update. Didn't really like how my guy came out anyway.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What is the best source to check out for all the changes coming? I haven't played since last April, but the expansion's got me curious.