• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Do armor mods affect gear score?
Or is the gear score on the mods just used to help you gauge their strength?

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
So at 44 hours I'm level...23 I think? Really taking my time. But starting to find more yellow loot now. Is yellow the best stuff? Is there more/cooler gear to look forward to? Instinctively I know the answer is probably "yes" but it's hard to imagine it can maintain a growth curve of cool factor if I'm getting lots of yellows already?
Yellow loot is the highest one.
Incorrect.....loot colour levels are as follows:
  • Worn (white)
  • Standard (green)
  • Specialized (blue)
  • Superior (purple)
  • High-End (yellow)
  • Exotic (red)
  • Gear Set (teal)
Exotic is better than a Gear Set item, this time around... You can only have 1 Exotic weapon and 1 armor piece equipped at a time.

Sotonian

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else found the blacktusk missions easier than the normal factions variants? Only completed upto the first Black Tusk stronghold + first two missions, so currently on WT2, and it was much easier than the Hyenas versions. Both done in a random pug group on 'story' difficulty.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
I actually really liked that the missions you had to do again were a bit different with the Black Tusk in them, compared to the "normal" version during your level process. I honestly expected them to just exchange the enemies and that's it.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Not jumped into DZ yet to form my own opinion but real disappointed to hear it sucks from people here.

Only tried a DZ once so far..went into one, killed some enemies at different spots, looted them and like 3 seconds later we were both killed by agents ;) so...yeah, not going to spent much time in the DZ I guess, even if I played it a bit more in Division 1. They are also really small in a scale now, sure there are three of them instead of one but I guess it's even easier to jump on people that just finished off the final NPC waves that way.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
Some of these bounties are real shitty. Just did one where they packed a room full of elites and a mobile turret.. problem is you have to ride a zipline up the elevator shaft to the room and you just get instantly focused and murdered while still animation locked.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not jumped into DZ yet to form my own opinion but real disappointed to hear it sucks from people here.
My biggest letdown of this game tbh.

But it is early and they can turn it around. Just doesn't seem to really have a place here. If you take away the "this place has dope loot" aspect the atmosphere just isn't the same.

Dajanksta

Oct 28, 2017

But it is early and they can turn it around. Just doesn't seem to really have a place here. If you take away the "this place has dope loot" aspect the atmosphere just isn't the same.
I mean it still has PVP right and loot that you have to extract? I also saw a video about occupied DZ? I thought that was referring to a portion that was more classic DZ. I'll need to look into it.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Gear progression and cheaters aside, I loved the DZ in TD1 and is probably my fondest memories of that game at launch. Really hope they can recapture that exhilaration it brought back then.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it still has PVP right and loot that you have to extract? I also saw a video about occupied DZ? I thought that was referring to a portion that was more classic DZ. I'll need to look into it.

Still has PvP, but only SOME loot needs to be extracted. Seems random to me tbh. One piece of gear you can just pick up and use. The other will say contaminated and need an extract. In Div1, EVERYTHING needed an extract.

Occupied DZ is just harder with no normalization. Loot/stats/power matters. But even there, the loot is not any better. The DZ is more challenging, and has more risk but has even less loot than the normal world.

There's no sense of reward to the risk you take. And because there is no good reward you honestly don't feel like its that risky. That kinda defeats the whole purpose.

doyneamite

Oct 26, 2018
Introduce the Hunters into the DZ – launching completely unprompted attacks. Instantly raises the stakes and keeps all players on their toes knowing they can appear any place at any time.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They just need to ensure contaminated loot drops at higher levels. Nothing is preventing you from farming the purely PvE regular map, but it should be like regular loot drops +1, DZ loot drops +3-5

You can still gear up like you are doing now, but its balanced in terms of loot availability and risk. After that you could introduce certain exotics and gear/brand sets exclusive to dark zone.

Same with conflict which I honestly don't foresee ever touching unless I get something out of it.

Dajanksta

Oct 28, 2017
Still has PvP, but only SOME loot needs to be extracted. Seems random to me tbh. One piece of gear you can just pick up and use. The other will say contaminated and need an extract. In Div1, EVERYTHING needed an extract.

Occupied DZ is just harder with no normalization. Loot/stats/power matters. But even there, the loot is not any better. The DZ is more challenging, and has more risk but has even less loot than the normal world.

There's no sense of reward to the risk you take. And because there is no good reward you honestly don't feel like its that risky. That kinda defeats the whole purpose.

hmmm that doesn't sound bad to me. I read it wasn't random but the highest or more rare items is what will need to be extracted.

They could possibly just increase the value of the items in the occupied DZ and that would solve the risk you want. So far from what I played I haven't minded the DZ yet but I will need more time in it to form an opinion. But it was kinda useless in the past TD1 when all gear was needing to be extracted and it was useless gear anyway.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Finally starting to look somewhat the part. No more bright t-shirts and tennis shoes.

pngKxdw.jpg

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hmmm that doesn't sound bad to me. I read it wasn't random but the highest or more rare items is what will need to be extracted.

They could possibly just increase the value of the items in the occupied DZ and that would solve the risk you want. So far from what I played I haven't minded the DZ yet but I will need more time in it to form an opinion. But it was kinda useless in the past TD1 when all gear was needing to be extracted and it was useless gear anyway.
The issue is even the contaminated gear isn't any better than the gear you randomly found in a alleyway chest just roaming around.

And theres a gazillian sources of awesome, low risk loot like that in the main map.

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Contaminated Zome east mall collectibles is bugged. Anyone have the same problem?

Edit: Okay closing the game and restart did the trick.

Last edited:

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Some guy in dark zone told me I sucked because he saw me make a cover mistake and almost die. Then enemies started shooting them, I took advantage and went rogue and killed him and his teammate, grabbed their gear and eventually extracted. Lovin it.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Giving up doing the side missions solo...they are way too hard...I am going to do the main missions and keep those side missions to play with the clan or a friend.

I am trying to solo the Albert Brooks mission,at level 10,and its wave after wave of ennemies,its in a big destroyed outside parking lot,Purple armored guys,one has a rocket launcher,the regular red guys shoot at you from all sides or go in cover so you you lose track of them because theres always some guys that creep up behind you...you kill a bunch but more arrive...wtf,how am I suppose to last for 20 minutes of non stop barrage of fire with my 5 protection kits and 5 grenades...it's like 30 against one...then the yellow Boss comes out while there's still a a few purple around and red guys lobbing grenades...

At one point I had 3 grenades in the air coming at me,thank god for Story main missions lol...

Last edited:

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
So, I realized yesterday why grenades launched at you are both highlighted and seem to just float in the air. You can shoot grenades out of the air.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
They just need to ensure contaminated loot drops at higher levels. Nothing is preventing you from farming the purely PvE regular map, but it should be like regular loot drops +1, DZ loot drops +3-5

You can still gear up like you are doing now, but its balanced in terms of loot availability and risk. After that you could introduce certain exotics and gear/brand sets exclusive to dark zone.

Same with conflict which I honestly don't foresee ever touching unless I get something out of it.

We'll see how the loot tables look once the truly rare loot drops and WT5 gets here.

So far, I don't think there are any truly low-drop-rate items in the game (i.e. whatever infinitesimally small probability rolling 6x classifieds of the same set without duplicates). Even in the first game, by the time 1.6-1.8 rolled around, it was really easy to get to 270ish/WT5 just by doing random LZ activities, but obviously just exploring the LZ was an inefficient way of getting true endgame builds. (Now, the fact that running Lexington or Clear Sky over and over again is more efficient is it's own problem, but that's a conversation for another day).

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Random question: I never played The Division 1. I kind of want to see New York. Is there any point in grabbing the first game when it's on sale and going back? Or is that game going to be deader than a doornail?

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Random question: I never played The Division 1. I kind of want to see New York. Is there any point in grabbing the first game when it's on sale and going back? Or is that game going to be deader than a doornail?
I'd imagine pretty dead, but you can totally just run through the campaign at the very least. Dunno if the lower playerbase would mean getting into Survival would be tough, because that is the best thing about that game.

baskcm

Oct 27, 2017
I have the original Xbox one and it seems that everything is blurry like it hasn't loaded in probably doing my head in

shanafan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ypsilanti, MI
I have been donating supplies to my control points, but one of them is running very low on resources (water, etc).

If the resources drop to 0, can the control point be retaken by the Hyenas?

Also, once the resources hit 100/100, can they decrease again? If so, what's my incentive to keep the resources stacked?

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I have been donating supplies to my control points, but one of them is running very low on resources (water, etc).

Also, once the resources hit 100/100, can they decrease again? If so, what's my incentive to keep the resources stacked?

The control points will never be retaken by the enemies during leveling.
In WT1 and above, however... :)

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else found the blacktusk missions easier than the normal factions variants? Only completed upto the first Black Tusk stronghold + first two missions, so currently on WT2, and it was much easier than the Hyenas versions. Both done in a random pug group on 'story' difficulty.
Yeah, same. Is there a chance to do invaded missions on Hard?

cyress8

"This guy are sick"
Avenger

You can get a buff to help locate resources/enemies even through walls once they are all above 50.

Keeping them topped up is still a mystery. People say that it allows them to send out more patrols or able to fend off attacks to that control point.

Not sure if anyone knows for sure yet.

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wish my character could wear a jacket in this game. I kind of miss the clothing aesthetic of the first game. It doesn't help that most of the gear looks super bulky on female characters.