• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
few questions (from PC)

- How to open photo mode?
- What are poses and how to use them?
- Whats the quickest way to exit the game?
- How to leave matchmade answer the call group

There seems to be lots of loading, into the menu, out of the menu and and out of the game.

Last edited:

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Oh yes its fixed. Damn the game looks hell of a lot better now.

it isn´t 100% fixed, there are still enough trees and signs where the textures come in very late

the game feels so framey, it is really underwhelming

edit: texture streaming still awful, the floors load in very late in the first settlement... this is far from a good performing game on PS4Pro

Last edited:

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Well it's playing smooth just like it did in the closed beta, so no complaints here. i5-4690 w/8GB and 1070 @1080p, so not a monster machine by any means.

One thing that really annoys me, even though it's a small gripe, is how conversations can get mixed up and people are talking over each other. Subtitles obviously help this but it's already happening just getting to the Base of Operations.

Oh and don't forget: Map > SHD > Disable On Call

edit: Anti-cheat integrity failure. Charlie-03 crash. Here we go... :(

Last edited:

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Completed the first story mission, game ran smooth and didn't encounter any issues on PC (8700K, GTX 1080 Ti at 2560x1080, 32GB RAM). It's going to take me a bit to get used to the gameplay after playing Destiny 2 the last week or so, but it seems interesting so far.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Still getting sound drop out when firing weapons.

And I completely agree about people talking over each other, had it at the base and the settlement. Annoying to say the least.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
It's crazy how much better this game looks when you turn off that sharpening filter. What's the intent behind it being on by default? Does it improve the look of the game on lower graphics settings or at lower resolution?

Dunfisch

Oct 25, 2017
There's noticeable differences from the Private Beta. I'm finding much more materials in the open world, enemies die even quicker now. Heavies got nerfed in regards to their armour, breaks much sooner. My own armour feels sturdier, in the Private Beta it was all about hugging cover, now I can actually rush without getting my armour broken instantly.

They definitely changed enemy spawns, there's a new guy in one of the side missions, pretty obnoxious too. Throws up to 3 Molotovs at a time and heals himself back up to full armour and with overheal to boot, all while running away from me! Tricky bugger.

It looks a bit better too, seems to me the lighting got a bump up, maybe they activated some engine features. Might just be my imagination too.

On the bug side, I've been hit with a variety of audio issues. Enemy chatter disappearing almost entirely, no gunfire sounds from them, stuttering and intermittent ambient sounds. Plus there's still the Easy Anti Cheat crashing when I close TD2. The sound bug didn't affect me during the Private Beta, so I'm surprised it's there now. Well, I guess launch will be a bit like TD1, there's still gonna be bugs to go around. Let's hope Massive gets to fixing right quick.

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
be sure to report the bugs in their forums

https://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/2028-Technical-Support

known Open Beta issues

Last updated: 11:50 AM CET, March 1st, 2019
[Graphical] Graphical artefacts may appear on a multi-monitor setup.

[Audio/Subtitles] Audio may degrade during long play sessions.
Workaround: Restart your game
[Audio/Subtitles] Primary weapon audio may under certain conditions stop playing during open world gameplay.
[Audio/Subtitles] Audio may under certain conditions degrade when firing upon NPC's armour.
[Audio/Subtitles] Deconstruct audio plays when item is marked as junk.
[Audio/Subtitles] Subtitles are missing in some echos.

[UI] Chat window on PC overlaps with notifications.
[UI] Leaving and re-joining a Skirmish game will cause an incorrect score to be displayed.
[UI] "Rogue actions taken" will not be updated in the Dark Zone leaderboard if the player was already rogue when performing it.
]Status: Fixed for Day One patch
[UI] "Control Points taken" may not track correctly in the leaderboard.
[UI] The PvP mode Conflict's victory screen does not appear.
[UI] "No weapon equipped in this slot" is incorrectly displayed when switching to a sidearm if the 2nd primary weapon slot is empty.
[UI] Skill stats may display incorrect normalized values.

[NPC] Enemies may sometimes disappear when killed.
[NPC] Big Dog enemies can remains upright after having been killed by a Signature Weapon.
[NPC] Quartermaster NPC at the Base of Operations may be missing facial animations when first encountered.
[NPC] Rusher enemies do not take melee or headshot damage.
Workaround: Shoot them in the torso.
[NPC] Some rusher enemies may sometimes display slowed down animations.
[NPC] Weapons may be misaligned when being held by some enemies.
[NPC] Hyena veteran enemies might complete their animations after having died.
[NPC] Enemies may rarely not leave their spawn rooms.

[Gameplay] A staircase in the garage located at 15th Street NW and F. Street NW cannot be climbed.
[Gameplay] When entering a safe house you may encounter players floating in the air.
[Gameplay] Interacting with objects occasionally does not work correctly while in cover.
[Gameplay] Group members may briefly freeze in place during gameplay.
[Gameplay] "Call for backup" does not work when matchmaking.
[Gameplay] The gates of the Base of operations social space may become locked when leaving a group.
Workaround: Re-enter the social space and try again.
[Gameplay] "Donate all junk" to Projects is not functional.
[Weapons] The Nemesis sniper rifle does not function on hip fire.
[Weapons] Restorative talent description states "+10% health". Correct functionality is "+10 health on kill".

[Dark Zone] When carrying contaminated loot and force quitting the game (ALT+F4), you are unable to call for an extraction after a game restart.
[Dark Zone] Players are unable to lose Dark Zone XP after having reached Dark Zone level 10.
[Dark Zone] Player may encounter an infinite loading screen if quitting or disconnecting from the game during the "Return to the checkpoint" objective.
Workaround: Restart the game and redo the mission
[Dark Zone] "Dropped Loot" UI prompt may be displayed incorrectly when in the Dark Zone.

[Missions] Dawn's Early Light mission will miss enemies and objectives if the player force quit the game and logs back in.

[PC] Players on PC may encounter a crash when accepting invites with the menu open.
Workaround: Close the menu before accepting the invite.
[PC] PC Benchmark mode is not functional in the Beta.

[XB1] Players may experience a crash after an update has been installed.
Workaround: Restart your game
[XB1] The intro cinematic may be missing audio on Xbox One.

[PS4] When changing the HDR option on PS4, the player may encounter a Delta Error.
[PS4] Short freezes may occur when entering the Theater settlement on PS4.
[PS4] PS4 users may experience black screens on videos and screenshots after changing the HDR option.

[Other] Newly added friends only appear on the group management menu after a client restart.
[Other] PC Players cannot rotate their character in the character creation screen.

This list is not exhaustive and additional issues are currently under investigation internally.

greetdeath

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe that they didn't fix the invisible enemies or the gun audio glitching. Seems like those would be the top of the list.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Just came to this thread to check out Division 2 thoughts and this is the first thing i read lol.

Seriously ?! again ?!
I don't know what he is talking about. There is a main menu and you can load into the main menu and switch characters.
I think he hasn't found the direct "quit game" button in the ingame menu yet and instead goes to the main menu and then exits the game from there

Division 2, just like Division 1, basically has no loading outside the initial load.
Of course it needs to load if you fast travel, but you can't really fault the game for that

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Just came to this thread to check out Division 2 thoughts and this is the first thing i read lol.

Seriously ?! again ?!

I just want to exit the game quickly sometimes. I wish more games would add exit to desktop as an immediate option.

Now when you want to leave you have to log out, load into the main menu and then you can exit.

I don't know what he is talking about. There is a main menu and you can load into the main menu and switch characters.
I think he hasn't found the direct "quit game" button in the ingame menu yet and instead goes to the main menu and then exits the game from there

Division 2, just like Division 1, basically has no loading outside the initial load.
Of course it needs to load if you fast travel, but you can't really fault the game for that

Yes! Yes! Where is the quit game button lol

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I just want to exit the game quickly sometimes. I wish more games would add exit to desktop as an immediate option.

Now when you want to leave you have to log out, load into the main menu and then you can exit.
I am 99.99999999% sure there is a "exit game" option in this just like there was in Division 1. I definitely used it during the closed beta. I am just not home to check

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Really disappointed that they still haven't sorted the myriad of audio bugs / issues. Completely ruined my experience with the Closed Beta. Hope they can pull it together for launch in a few weeks.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Are the performance better on ps4pro this time?

just a little bit, there are still texture load problems and still a very framey feel when turning the camera and aiming, it is far from a smooth gameplay experience

gotta say the texture streaming issue is ruining the game for me, it looks awful when so many textures come in late, you can permanently look "into" the game and that is a thing that breaks my immersion completely. game seems still very unoptimized.

Hope they can pull it together for launch in a few weeks.

launch is in 12 days, not in a few weeks, i fully expect the game coming in hot, there will be numerous patches to address the performance...on PS4, TD 1 runs so much better it is not even funny

bender

Oct 27, 2017
Is the character creator more in depth in the final game?

Playing on an Xbox One X and having sounds (gunfire mostly) cut out randomly and a few instances of enemies warping. Having a pretty good time and I might take the plunge.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
not really that much compared to anthems "demo" bugs and not game breaking
Honestly, it's a good thing to see a large list of bugs, especially when the majority of them say they're already fixed. At least the team knows about them so they can fix them, with Anthem it seemed like they either weren't acknowledging the bugs or didn't actually know they were there which is really bad.

ssentai

Feb 7, 2019
I'm really enjoying this more than I thought I would normally I'm not into the whole modern military thing but the foundation here is solid.Now my biggest problem is just deciding whether or not to get it on PC or PS4.

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
Is it confirmed there's no texture loading issues on the Xbox version, was planning to get it on PS4 but the very disappointing performance might force me to switch.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Still happening here although they're not taking as long to pop in.

Yeah, performance is a lot better than the pvt beta but there is noticeable texture pop, esp inside rooms.

Really disappointed that they still haven't sorted the myriad of audio bugs / issues. Completely ruined my experience with the Closed Beta. Hope they can pull it together for launch in a few weeks.

Those fixes are planned for the final game.

Picking up some nice vanity items :)

from where?

mnemonicj

Oct 27, 2017
Honduras
I really dislike how the enemies are bullet sponges.
I'm a casual player, but I can manage a few headshots and the enemies don't even move after taking a whole clip to the head/upper body.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
just a little bit, there are still texture load problems and still a very framey feel when turning the camera and aiming, it is far from a smooth gameplay experience

gotta say the texture streaming issue is ruining the game for me, it looks awful when so many textures come in late, you can permanently look "into" the game and that is a thing that breaks my immersion completely. game seems still very unoptimized.

launch is in 12 days, not in a few weeks, i fully expect the game coming in hot, there will be numerous patches to address the performance...on PS4, TD 1 runs so much better it is not even funny
thanks, i'm gonna try by myself tonight after work.
i don't care too much about texture load problem but the instable framerate is indeed a problem.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Summer is still kind of bleh. Hard to visually recreate how awful DC summers can be in a videogame. Glad we're going to get a Winter season though ..... [whispers] Survival????

Mallaboo

Nov 2, 2017
Playing on PS4 Pro and the texture pop in is pretty bad, I'm still getting blurry textures that take upwards of 30 secs to load in properly which is a shame as it ruins the immersion. Game is fun to play so if they fix the graphics issues I'll be a happy camper.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
this game runs so bad on the Pro...

you can test it for yourselves, just try to capture the more southern control point in Downtown East...as soon as you are in the building and try to kill the second mini boss there is so much screen tearing and the game seems like running at 25 fps, the performance is awful for a shooter, you can´t even aim properly...the last time i saw such awful screen tearing was Splinter Cell Blacklist on the Xbox 360

game could be enjoyable even if it is more of the same but the performance issues straight up ruin it