• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Aside from the greaser gang chase scene, liked the ep. Sophie Thatcher is too good.

They didn't show the female Tusken at the camp right? I only noticed the chief, and the kid.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Does that mean the ending of RoS is going to be removed from canon? If so, I'm all for it.

daisy-ridley-disgusted.gif

Dec 22, 2017
Florida
Aside from the greaser gang chase scene, liked the ep. Sophie Thatcher is too good.

They didn't show the female Tusken at the camp right? I only noticed the chief, and the kid.

I think the female Tusken was taken prisoner/enslaved along with others by the Syndicate and not the biker gang, and Boba will find them during the course of his war with them.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
oh i guess all the tuskens are dead now

also I understand this show is like pg-13 but I have a very hard time believing that wookiee wouldn't have bitten off some limbs and broken some fucking backs in that fight

like either he gets subdued quickly, or the fight lingers (like it did) and he deals some serious damage

instead, he was made a fool of :(

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
this is so much worse than the mandalorian, that show hat a concept. boba fett does not, it's just like they wanted a boba fett show and had no idea what to do with it, nothing to add to star wars and no ideas of their own.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
If that Tusken tribe are all wiped out, does that throw out this thread's popular theory that the only reason Boba was doing any of this was to save them? I guess he could be doing it for all Tuskens as a whole, but still, killing off that specific tribe undermines his motivation somewhat, and still leaves the viewer wondering what the fuck this character is even doing with his life.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
If that Tusken tribe are all wiped out, does that throw out this thread's popular theory that the only reason Boba was doing any of this was to save them? I guess he could be doing it for all Tuskens as a whole, but still, killing off that specific tribe undermines his motivation somewhat, and still leaves the viewer wondering what the fuck this character is even doing with his life.

Seems pretty obvious to me where this is going. The Pykes weren't paying the speeder gang protection money, but paid to have the Tuskens killed. Pykes are now at war with Boba over a turf war that I am convinced the reveal will be that he predicted would happen all along.

Boba gets revenge on the Pykes for killing the Tuskens. If that isn't where this is going, I will eat my hat.

I also predict that Crimson Dawn will probably not even get a name drop, and the theme turning up in the show's theme song is just a coincidence, like the First Order stinger being part of the Grogu theme.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Seems pretty obvious to me where this is going. The Pykes weren't paying the speeder gang protection money, but paid to have the Tuskens killed. Pykes are now at war with Boba over a turf war that I am convinced the reveal will be that he predicted would happen all along.

Boba gets revenge on the Pykes for killing the Tuskens. If that isn't where this is going, I will eat my hat.

I also predict that Crimson Dawn will probably not even get a name drop, and the theme turning up in the show's theme song is just a coincidence, like the First Order stinger being part of the Grogu theme.

Interesting. I do think Maul is getting a cameo though. It's Disney/Marvel standard operating procedure: just bluntly ram in a cameo to make people go wild, no matter the reasoning or logic.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
oh i guess all the tuskens are dead now

also I understand this show is like pg-13 but I have a very hard time believing that wookiee wouldn't have bitten off some limbs and broken some fucking backs in that fight

like either he gets subdued quickly, or the fight lingers (like it did) and he deals some serious damage

instead, he was made a fool of :(
Agreed, I dont know why everybody is fighting with kid gloves for the most part. The most violence we see has been the tuskens and the pykes on the train and Im guessing its because both sides are covered up and masked so they're essentially faceless mooks like the stormtroopers are.

Even Mandolarian went harder at times. Mando slices a guy in half with a door in episode one and strings a guy up to be eaten by dogs in season 2. And those weren't even bloody, but they way the scenes were shot made it clear that that stuff was going on.

pust

alt account
Banned
Dec 29, 2021
This is the first episode I didn't like. They killed all of the Tuskens, why? I hope they have somewhere interesting to go with this, but with only about 3 hours of the season to go I can't see how it will be anything else than a revenge story. How does all of the water on the planet simply dry up? I assume it all went under the surface? Water doesn't just disappear for no reason. We very almost got to see the kind of fighting a wookies are capable of, but the scene was hamstrung by a pg-13 rating and so none of the wookie brutality could be displayed and it looked like a grown ass man mobbed by children.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Think I'm going to drop this. Just not interesting me and aside from all the familiar fanservice stuff it doesn't even really feel like Star Wars to me, it almost feels like a parody or poor homage.

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
Oh damn, got the timeline mixed up. Thanks for the reminder lol. He's getting rammed into Obi Wan's show then lol?
I don't think so. Maul first finds out Obi-Wan is still alive in Rebels, which is years after the Obi-Wan show. I guess they could retcon it to him thinking he died in that show, but I don't expect it. The Maul/Obi-Wan relationship is mostly in the cartoons and it was concluded there. 🤷‍♂️

pust

alt account
Banned
Dec 29, 2021
I suppose Fennec and Fett have been disagreeing over leadership decisions quite consistently, so maybe the season is building towards a power struggle between the two of them. She certainly doesn't have faith in Boba.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
I suppose Fennec and Fett have been disagreeing over leadership decisions quite consistently, so maybe the season is building towards a power struggle between the two of them. She certainly doesn't have faith in Boba.

Agreed. I'm also speculating that she killed the Tuskens for the fish people syndicate either along with the space bikers or just framing them. I don't think the timeline works out though since that happened like four or more years before the events of The Mandalorian where they teamed up. Would be another case of Small Universe syndrome.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
That chase with the 80s punk rock band through tatooine was bad,like really bad,like really really bad

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom

One of fhe concept art pieces in the credits feels like it was from a later episode, as she is much more stand offish, and I feel this is where things are inevitably going.

But I guarantee she will have a change of heart in the second to last episode and save Boba's skin.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
This show doesnt respect even its own continuity,like there is no reason for Fett to spend so much time in the bacta when the show showed him surviving days chained to a post without water,this is shaping up to be the worst Disney+ show,including the MCU stuff.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the episode was OK. The bikes looked like something out of that movie Robots though and really didn't fit in like at all.

I'm still enjoying it just because it's Star Wars and I will absorb anything they release without a shred of shame, but I won't lie and say I'm not questioning the direction of this show or why it was necessary to make it the way they did lol

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
lindsay-ellis-no-thanks.gif

Went straight back to bored out of my mind, this was not a good episode IMO, like almost nothing worked for me

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This episode was mad wild, and idk if that's a good thing. I don't think all Star Wars media needs to be dark and scummy, but there's something about the way this show is shot, written and directed that gives it a real Saturday morning/Power Rangers vibe. That said, I thought the second episode was really strong and it shined during the Tusken Raider scenes.

I'm gonna keep watching because I truly do love the universe and I see the potential here. I don't know, maybe Boba Fett just isn't a great main character.

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
For a show about Boba wanting to be a crime lord, its hilariously sad that the one thing thats happened that actually fits the bill for a crime lord show is the mayor having that assassin shot in the head.

Also, I am so sick of this twilek secretary guy and his awful acting.
Disney / the creators of the show don't want him to be a crime lord is the problem. I think a lot of us were expecting it, what with Boba being a bad guy before whom even VADER had to emphasize to be chill ("No disintegrations") and with him taking Jabba's throne....

....but look at the language used. Daimyo this, Daimyo that. He doesn't see himself as a crime lord....and that's what a lot of us wanted....or, if not a crime lord, still a bad guy at least.

Disney wants him to be a noble warrior king now, which, uh, okay?

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Terrible, but I loved it. Also.

recklessishe.tumblr.com

Ralph McQuarrie - Star Wars: Photo

Next to George Lucas, Ralph McQuarrie (1929-2012) is the man most responsible for the look and feel of the Star Wars universe. I have scoured the internet (and boy have I scoured) to bring you high-resolution un-cropped versions of the Ralph McQuarrie paintings that he did for the Star Wars...

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
The interactions between Krssantan and Boba are so vaguely defined that even if Favs and co. had no idea those two already knew each other (which hey, who the hell knows) they could easily retcon re-con those scenes as if they had.

The scarcity of dialogue in those flashbacta scenes are a big reason why they were so effective, but this show desperately needed a writers' room to work on the present-day stuff.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The interactions between Krssantan and Boba are so vaguely defined that even if Favs and co. had no idea those two already knew each other (which hey, who the hell knows) they could easily retcon re-con those scenes as if they had.

The scarcity of dialogue in those flashbacta scenes are a big reason why they were so effective, but this show desperately needed a writers' room to work on the present-day stuff.
They would know that. They are not JJ. They can't walk over the story group!

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Terrible, but I loved it. Also.

recklessishe.tumblr.com

Ralph McQuarrie - Star Wars: Photo

Next to George Lucas, Ralph McQuarrie (1929-2012) is the man most responsible for the look and feel of the Star Wars universe. I have scoured the internet (and boy have I scoured) to bring you high-resolution un-cropped versions of the Ralph McQuarrie paintings that he did for the Star Wars...

I noted and enjoyed the reference the moment it happened.

I loathed how it was used.

The Star Wars universe, particularly the stuff with direct ties to Dave Filoni, has relied on McQuarrie stuff for cheap brownie points for far too long now. How this was used kind of encapsulates just how lazy and cheap it gets. You can make the most generic scene, include a fan loved painting, and be expected to love it.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Just keeps getting better. The chase seemed really slow for some reason, which was a bit odd. And not sure about the moped speeders. Otherwise, loving it.

Sep 7, 2018
Whoever green-lit these scripts has a very low standard for what moves on to actual production. The dialoge and plot are incredibly simple, and almost downright dumb. In the established Star Wars universe both Boba, Fennec, and the Hutt twins would be long dead. Feel sorry for the Hutt twins stretcher carriers who must walk for hours throughout Tatooine. The only aspect of the show I have liked so far was the flashback to Boba's time with the Tuskens, which I admit was pretty good.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Whoever green-lit these scripts has a very low standard for what moves on to actual production. The dialoge and plot are incredibly simple, and almost downright dumb. In the established Star Wars universe both Boba, Fennec, and the Hutt twins would be long dead. Feel sorry for the Hutt twins stretcher carriers who must walk for hours throughout Tatooine…

You mean the established Star Wars Universe where Ezra could play pranks on the Empire and trick them with Home Alone level traps?

The established universe where the Elected Queen of Naboo is a 14 year old girl?

The established universe where Luke Skywalker just lands next Yoda despite him hiding in a planet?

No way man, Star Wars is serious, mature, well written business.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Remember how I said Star Wars should remain friendly to all ages? Yeah, this is why you don't make a show centered around a supposedly amoral bounty hunter attempting to be a crime lord. This is not what Star Wars is about. Just stahp.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I'm genuinely surprised by this show.

I love the original trilogy, but have been lukewarm at best with the films that was released after that (I did actually quite like the Last Jedi). Most of the shows have been excellent, though. Clone Wars and Rebels have the best Star Wars moments outside of the old films, and the Mandalorian was a really fun adventure show.

This is just bad. I mean really bad. Outside some of the music and giving Matt Berry a paycheck there is nothing redeemable about it. It's meandering fanservice of the kind that is probably more likely to offend a lot of fans than please them.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I'm genuinely surprised by this show.

I love the original trilogy, but have been lukewarm at best with the films that was released after that (I did actually quite like the Last Jedi). Most of the shows have been excellent, though. Clone Wars and Rebels have the best Star Wars moments outside of the old films, and the Mandalorian was a really fun adventure show.

This is just bad. I mean really bad. Outside some of the music and giving Matt Berry a paycheck there is nothing redeemable about it. It's meandering fanservice of the kind that is probably more likely to offend a lot of fans than please them.

I've read exactly this take for every single one of the shows you just listed.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's meandering fanservice of the kind that is probably more likely to offend a lot of fans than please them.

im genuinely glad about this, and it justt makes the show better for me

after the auto phellation that was the season finale of mandalorian 2,

i need "star wars fans (tm)" to be pissed about something.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Just watched it again with my wife and cracked up when she started pointing out the same things.

Honestly Fett really needs something like his season 2 introduction. He's really nerfed for whatever reason.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Remember how I said Star Wars should remain friendly to all ages? Yeah, this is why you don't make a show centered around a supposedly amoral bounty hunter attempting to be a crime lord. This is not what Star Wars is about. Just stahp.

I don't even believe that: neither Rogue One or Solo shied away from cold-blooded killing, and I revisited Mando #201 last week and my boy Din is a straight badass in that cold open, merking a whole squad and leaving their leader to be eaten alive. So much of BoBF can be explained as li'l Jonny Favreau holding up his Boba Fett action figure and declaring, "This guy is the hero."

I can find a lot to love in this show, but when it's bad it's rough.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
im genuinely glad about this, and it justt makes the show better for me

after the auto phellation that was the season finale of mandalorian 2,

i need "star wars fans (tm)" to be pissed about something.

Fully agreed.

Even If I enjoyed the end of Mando S2, whenever I see the "Well IN MY MIND it was supposed to be like..." takes it means the show is doing something different and I default to supporting it.

Like I just said, I've been around Star Wars long enough to have read the "Worst ever" takes for every single now beloved Star Wars production.

The only one I have ever agreed with is Rise of Skywalker

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Just watched it again with my wife and cracked up when she started pointing out the same things.

Honestly Fett really needs something like his season 2 introduction. He's really nerfed for whatever reason.

He is what Lucas wanted him to be, a jobber.

It really is the best thing about this show, but it just hasn't built anything compelling or fun around it. Even the production value seems to have mostly taken a hit. (Although if anyone who worked on that baby rancor animatronic is reading this, please know that I will be building a shrine to you. That work is godlike.)

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think the dialogue and character writing in The Mandalorian was very good, but it's even worse here.

Is it a rule for the Star Wars Disney+ show writers that Disney will assassinate them if they include any interesting character personalities or internal conflict? (I'm exaggerating, but still).