• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017
1SIB5MJ.png

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
I'm curious to see how this will change. Because right now, this means that they're the most popular first choice.

Also, I fully expect these stats to influence Heroes to some degree. Get ready for Emperor Edelgard, fun in the sun Edelgard, furry Edelgard and, of course, Edelgard but with a spear instead.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
As it should be. I'm also happy a lot of people chose the right route with them too.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Lions are the real MVPs, no idea why they're last. I think the spaghetti-rendering on Dimitri's hair is Banana-Ken levels of detrimental.

ken.png

dimitri-alexandre-bladud-fire-emblem-three-houses-8.72.jpg

Fire-Emblem-Three-Houses-3.jpg

Although I still think he looks fine even with his thick glossy bangs.

He looks better in other artwork...

xfb2f09bfe831.jpg

See what noodle hair, or the lack thereof, can do?

Anyway, I love the Lions because they're like the traditional FE cast, only this time every one of them matters and has a relationship with the plot and comments on story beats. It's what I've wanted out of FE since I began playing the series. Dimitri's development is also fantastic to watch, and how the layers behind the reasoning for his various transformations unravel is really cool.

Not that the other houses are bad... I'm on Eagles now and they're fun, in a different way. But I have a special place in my heart for the Blue Lions and their good guy feels.
You're right, good post.

In the end it is very good news that so many people will be able to play through again, but this time as Dimitri and his wonderful friends!

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
there are two kinds of anime fans. Those that choose based off anime girls.

And those that choose based off unintended comedy. I chose Blue Lions because I knew Felix looked like the edgy sword guy who would basically be Shadow the Hedgehog in humon form. And I was right. All glory to Coldsteel The Lion

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
I'm out here with my Blue Lions squad and wouldn't have it any other way (until I start a second playthrough).

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
there are two kinds of anime fans. Those that choose based off anime girls.

And those that choose based off unintended comedy. I chose Blue Lions because I knew Felix looked like the edgy sword guy who would basically be Shadow the Hedgehog in humon form. And I was right. All glory to Coldsteel The Lion
Yes!!! I keep him around for that alone lmao

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017
How anyone could choose anything other than the Blue Lions with my dude Dedue and granny-lover Sylvain is beyond me. BEYOND ME, I SAY!

Dunban_Fyuria

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't tried the other houses yet (though I recruited Felix and sylvain) but not surprised black eagles are popular. All the characters there are pretty solid.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still very early in the game but I picked Golden Deer because Edelgard and Dimitri just seem like boring "I am the next in line to the throne so I must be serious and proper" characters whereas Claude actually had fun dialogue.
And when I got to the part where the house leaders tell you about their students, Black Eagle and Blue Lions both seemed to have more uninteresting characters to me than interesting ones, while at the moment in Golden Deer the only characters I don't particularly care for are Lorenz and Ignatz.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't tried the other houses yet (though I recruited Felix and sylvain) but not surprised black eagles are popular. All the characters there are pretty solid.

I doubt i'll bother playing the other houses, i recruited the few other interesting characters i wanted to the black eagles so i don't really have any incentive. The rest just come across as lame, especially Dimitri.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I picked the Golden Deer because I feel like Claude is a better foil for Byleth than the other two characters. Byleth is such a silent and stoic protagonist, he/she works better with a big personality. I honestly find Edelgard kinda boring, like a lot of Fire Emblem lords.

I kinda want to play Black Eagles second to see what the fuss is all about.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The only reason to go for them is Petra but you can get her later.
She was the sole reason I was going to pick them before I realised you could.

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
I have not regretted choosing the Golden Deer and Claude is pretty cool.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Not really surprising as she's the first option when you choose and she's a rare women Lord.

It's pretty obvious Black Eagles had the most baits for geeks with Bernadetta and Dorothea though.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't a hard choice.

I wanted a team focused on magic, and the Black Eagles had the most mages.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not really surprising as she's the first option when you choose and she's a rare women Lord.

It's pretty obvious Black Eagles had the most baits for geeks with Bernadetta and Dorothea though.
Petra is the biggest bait imo. High voice, cute speech patterns, athletic with long braid. As soon as I saw her in the intro video I decided Black Eagles were too much and picked Blue Lions.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Golden Deer is for us cool kids who don't want to go all anime edgelords.

Though my favorite moment is when both Petra and Bernie asked to join my house the second shit started getting crazy. It's my personal head canon that they saw the writing on the wall and knew they had to bail to the sane house.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Petra is the biggest bait imo. High voice, cute speech patterns, athletic with long braid. As soon as I saw her in the intro video I decided Black Eagles were too much and picked Blue Lions.
No, not Petra. Dorothea is the highest deployed according to the stats, so there you go. Even people who didn't choose Black Eagles rushed to get her.