• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I can definitely see it. He has kind of filled a Jim Gordon role in the Craig Bond films, even.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
He seems like a great choice for Gordon. He's an underrated actor. I always wished he would have been given more to do as Felix Leiter.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I just can't imagine this fictional character who is generic AF without his background playing any role in his personit not having the skin color he's always been shown as.

(love the casting)

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
So is this movie not taking place in the DCEU either or...? I guess I had kind of assumed the standalone Batman movies were going to be prequels to BvS and such since Batman would be younger.

Oct 27, 2017
I assume DC is just gonna play it fast and loose with continuity from here on out and if/when another crossover occurs they'll just yada yada the issues because honestly as long as the movies are good who cares?

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
DCEU is dead. WB for the time being is focusing on solo movies. And they're essentially pretending BVS and JL don't exist. Shazam likely being the last film to reference the old movies.

I have no doubt that they'll try another JL but it will be with no connection to the "Snyderverse" other than the castings that worked out and will be with the line up of Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ezra Miller, Robert Pattinson, and whoever they cast as Superman or Supergirl.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't get why some people are so worked up about whether or not this will tie into DCEU continuity, as if their enjoyment of the movie hinges on that. Especially since consensus towards BvS and Justice League was not kind anyway. Who really cares if this movie does or doesn't line up with Snyder's Batman?

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are they moving so slowly on this?
...? It isn't that slow, to be honest.

Production is slated to start very late 2019 or early 2020. More likely, they've started inking deals with people and that news is just getting announced to the press.

Keep in mind, "Eternals" is currently filming and is also rumored to still be casting for roles.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
Is this following The long Halloween story line? (latest rumors anyway) wonder who would play the Joker.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
Regarding the continuity, the obvious out is the multiverse angle. Given that Ezra Miller is still the Flash, it seems that DC/WB want to keep that door open.

In a perfect world, Birds of Prey, The Suicide Squad, Shazam would keep the current DCEU afloat while they are able to take their time with the soft reboot. Build up Batman, Superman, Green Lantern for the Flash multiverse crossover. Give Batfleck and Cavill's Superman a proper send off, and you end up with a new universe of Batman (Pattinson), new Superman, Wonder Woman (Gadot), Aquaman (Momoa), Shazam (Levi), etc.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
I hope they don't ask him to "just do the same westworld thing" with his character. It's almost always super boring when casting goes like this, reeks of fan casting.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
tenortkkdv.gif

Would be a good choice. He's really solid and can rock commissioner glasses. For.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Saw the bump and I got my hopes up. This is great news!.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Could have had Bryan Cranston for the perfect casting... I guess another redhead bites the dust.