• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 15311

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What isn't clear? The site have their rules posted and you can check them for yourself.

Why are MC rules fine but not this one exactly? This is the only year people had a problem with the blog, I wonder why.

You can wonder whatever you want, you and others that aren't accepting criticism of the site in question might be acting like that because of the game in question.That's how your reply looks when reversed and i do have a problema with MC, either you put everything up or you don't. Personally for me i only care about Edge. For some it's IGN and so on and so on.We can choose what we identify with, but a website that aggregates scores should aggregate everything no matter the game that wins.

So you can take your childish accusation and throw it at someone else, perhaps the guy posting every fucking site giving GOW the goty or the dude posting only RDR2.

Ezio2048

Jan 2, 2019
Yep. Like seriously, GOW won the majority of the big outlets GOTY awards and as we can see on GOTY Picks many many more.
God of War is the Game of the Year 2018. All good.
No it didn't. Tga is the only biggest award ceremony so far that gow has advantage of.

Otherwise if you talk about big outlets then rdr2 has won more. Rdr2 has won more gotys from tga jury. It has won more gotys from outlets listed on Metacritic.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Prove me wrong. If the definition of big outlets is tga jury or Metacritic sites then rdr2 has won more. Count if you have any doubt.

If the definition of big outlets for you is gotypicks blog then sure gow has won more lol
Dude give it a rest. God of War has more awards, it won at The Game Awards and IGN which are two of the biggest, it won at Game Informer, and if more of the jury at The Game Awards picked RDR2 then RDR2 would've won. Do you not understand how that works? You are so obsessed with RDR2 winning some meaningless title.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No it didn't. Tga is the only biggest award ceremony so far that gow has advantage of.

Otherwise if you talk about big outlets then rdr2 has won more. Rdr2 has won more gotys from tga jury. It has won more gotys from outlets listed on Metacritic.
lol Sure. And who cares what Metacritic got listed? They count reviews of trash fan sites like PS Country, Nintendojo or Xbox Addict. God of War won the most awards from the big ones. God of War is the GOTY 2018.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well, RDR2 got the higher Metascore and GOW got more GOTY awards so it all evens out. :)

Seriously though, who gives a shit?

Both are fantastic games for entirely different reasons.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I like how Ezio's whole existence have been posting in this thread and fighting for RDR2, who's alt is it?

Also, this thread really serves no purpose anymore other than a fighting ground between two fanbase and hopefully mods consider closing it.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like how Ezio's whole existence have been posting in this thread and fighting for RDR2, who's alt is it?

Also, this thread really serves no purpose anymore other than a fighting ground between two fanbase and hopefully mods consider closing it.
It's the whole reason for his existence. He created his account just for this thread. This was the first and only place he posted/posts. That much is clear and it's quite sad. I too wish mods would close this thread already. I've been wished that.

Ezio2048

Jan 2, 2019
Dude give it a rest. God of War has more awards, it won at The Game Awards and IGN which are two of the biggest, it won at Game Informer, and if more of the jury at The Game Awards picked RDR2 then RDR2 would've won. Do you not understand how that works? You are so obsessed with RDR2 winning some meaningless title.
Gamespot is as big as IGN. Edge is as big as game informer. I know how tga works. The question was of big outlets. Take any definition of big outlets and rdr2 would have won more. Be it tga jury outlets, Metacritic outlets, gamerankings outlets etc.

Ezio2048

Jan 2, 2019
lol Sure. And who cares what Metacritic got listed? They count reviews of trash fan sites like PS Country, Nintendojo or Xbox Addict. God of War won the most awards from the big ones. God of War is the GOTY 2018.
Then what's your standard for big outlets. Just the ones who give gow their goty lol.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Then what's your standard for big outlets. Just the ones who give gow their goty lol.
lol You are trying too hard. IGN is a big outlet. Sites like Windows Central aren't. It's not hard to understand what is big and what not. Companies like EA are big. Companies like Sanzaru Games aren't. Give it a rest already. God of War is the GOTY 2018.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Gamespot is as big as IGN. Edge is as big as game informer. I know how tga works. The question was of big outlets. Take any definition of big outlets and rdr2 would have won more. Be it tga jury outlets, Metacritic outlets, gamerankings outlets etc.

Seriously, can you please give it a rest? For pages and pages you have been poisoning this thread, turning it into a game war. You're going as far as claiming GOTY Blog as well as The Game Awards are basically rigged, because your favorite game did not win. What's next? Era is rigged too if God of War wins its GOTY vote, which is very likely?
God of War wins fair and square and it isn't even a close win, but quite substantial with over 30 awards. Let it rest. Don't turn this into something ugly.

Last edited:

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Could you guys give it a rest, and stop being mean to that Ezio guy, in a few weeks when there are no more awards to give out he'll disappear and you'll be sorry for being such meanies to him...

Ezio2048

Jan 2, 2019
lol You are trying too hard. IGN is a big outlet. Sites like Windows Central aren't. It's not hard to understand what is big and what not. Companies like EA are big. Companies like Sanzaru Games aren't. Give it a rest already. God of War is the GOTY 2018.
Ohhh so only IGN is a big outlet. Not gamespot. Yeah right. Good for you.

Deleted member 41104

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Mar 15, 2018
This thread is so entertaining in a sad kind of way.

Also amusing that the guy who posted the most here asked for it to be closed. Couldn't he just ignore the thread and stop posting in it ?

Mod post

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Official Staff Communication
This is a subject that everyone is passionate about, everyone wants their favorites to do well, but please be respectful and don't let your fandom rise to the level of hostility. Please try to share and discuss GOTY awards without meta commentary and without trying to police the conversation.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Now there's 2 lists with different winners...
Fascinating!

I truly love both games though, it shows why the idea of "game of the year" can be flawed, since theoretically even the 2 best games of all time could release in the same year, but hey that's part of the fun I guess.
It probably does more harm than good in these cases since some people get so invested in the award race that they create a hate for a game they probably would've loved any other year and exaggerate the "flaws" like crazy.
Anyhow I'm also one of those "weird" people that can love both these games ;P Both GoW and RDR2 are definitely up on my top of the generation list. BOTW is still the top dog for me though, I've probably invested 200 hours in it at this point and I still play it and find new stuff. Can't think of a more deserved 97 MC score!

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
Fascinating!

It probably does more harm than good in these cases since some people get so invested in the award race that they create a hate for a game they probably would've loved any other year and exaggerate the "flaws" like crazy.
Anyhow I'm also one of those "weird" people that can love both these games ;P Both GoW and RDR2 are definitely up on my top of the generation list. BOTW is still the top dog for me though, I've probably invested 200 hours in it at this point and I still play it and find new stuff. Can't think of a more deserved 97 MC score!
Same, both in my top 5. RDR 2 hasn't set in enough to pick out a final spot for me but top 5 for sure. BOTW is top 10 but not top 5 for me. It's been a good gen.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What in the hell XD? You would think for a site that's "6 days old", that they would have at least be less subtle about the fact that they are straight up "borrowing" the same format from gotyblog lol
What's even funnier is that a lot of the awards God of War has on the GOTY blog this new site took away from the count and put them on a separate page called "Other 2018 awards." That way RDR2 would have more on the main page. Pretty sad.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's even funnier is that a lot of the awards God of War has on the GOTY blog this new site took away from the count and put them on a separate page called "Other 2018 awards." That way RDR2 would have more on the main page. Pretty sad.
It was made by someone in here because they didn't like how the blog was counting the awards.
Yep. We all know why this site (all of a sudden) exists ;)

DeathyG

Oct 27, 2017
NW Indiana
SSM really delivered a masterpiece. Well-deserved GOTY.

GoW 2 has a lot to live up to, plus a possibly new IP from Cory...the studio's future couldn't be any brighter.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't get over over the "2018 - Other" page lol. Like I guess their thinking was "how can I make it so RDR2 has more awards? I know I'll stash away a ton of these awards for God of War on this other page so that people see the count on the main page and are misled." It's quite funny.