• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Have there been any updates on getting game streaming software working yet? I'm thinking things like Moonlight, Parsec, Steam Link, etc.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Have there been any updates on getting game streaming software working yet? I'm thinking things like Moonlight, Parsec, Steam Link, etc.
Rainway USED to be in the Xbox store, MS asked them to take it down. Shame because I'd love to continue playing my PC save of Wasteland 3 in my living room, but without cross-save I can't do that unless I stream it :(

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
wow, i was already whitelisted, but when i messaged him for whitelisting it was instant. Guess i got lucky.

I told him i just wanted to support him lol.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
It did but t3 started whitelisting people afterwards due to high demand if you donate a certain amount to him.

Ah, I see, my bad. Stopped following the discord after a while so was out of the loop on that one. not sure tying a payment to obtain the emulator now is a good idea though, might leave loopholes for it to be removed definitely

Ravenhawk

Oct 27, 2017
After getting my replacement XSX, I cannot re-download any of the Retroarch apps I previously had working. I have tried switching the default installation drive as well as performing a hard result numerous times, yet I keep getting "Installation Stopped". Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the downloads to start?

Last edited:

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was finally able to get my whitelisted apps working thanks to T3. I've got all my BIOSes loaded up (I just kinda put them in the local state/system folder all willy nilly, hope that works) and I'm gonna give it a try late this evening. Wish I could run ISOs off of my networked PC via Durango but I don't think it works that way.

Do we have a way to bypass the 16gb limit yet?

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I hadn't tested in a while, but this update broke n64 support, seems to have also removed OpenGL as a driver option. None of my games load any longer. Or did I miss something obvious in settings to resolve the fact that n64 games simply fail to load?

Eiji

Oct 28, 2017
I hadn't tested in a while, but this update broke n64 support, seems to have also removed OpenGL as a driver option. None of my games load any longer. Or did I miss something obvious in settings to resolve the fact that n64 games simply fail to load?

There is no OpenGL support in Xbox UWP. That's why the GL driver was removed.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't speak for anything else, but the latest update did fix the graphical issues I was having with Rule of Rose on PS2.

It's far from stable, had to fuss around RA (and restart the console a few times after some crashes), but I was able to get the game working up to 4K with no performance problems.

The only issues I had were that the controller would endlessly rumble whenever a rumble would happen (quick menu would stop it) and the game froze after an early FMV.

Eiji

Oct 28, 2017
Neither of those cores ever worked for me with anything but GL.
Do we have a fix for this because I really don't want to lose access to my DC/N64 games?

GL driver has been added again in the latest update as the devs realised it's still needed for DC/N64 despite using ANGLE.

Is DosBox Pure already available? I didn't set up anything yet. This may be the time.

It's now available and works great here.

Sep 29, 2020
GL driver has been added again in the latest update as the devs realised it's still needed for DC/N64 despite using ANGLE.

It's now available and works great here.

Ah thanks!

Edit: Dreamcast games no longer loads for me, get the same failed to load content as I did if i selected any of the d3d video drivers before the update:(

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2020
From the Discord:
"updated retail, should fix n64 and dreamcast cores, also introduces major update to the VFS driver and increases the speed of loading"

Great, will test later.

On another note; anyone else got problems with the right stick not working in wii games that uses classic controller?
I've only tried Blue Ocean and Sin & Punishment and both run great but neither recognize the right analogue stick (no analogue to digital activated and I've tried remapping) so they're unplayable.

indosmoke

Oct 30, 2017
France
Is anyone using any kind of "classic" gamepad on Xbox one? (wired or not)

Perhaps I'm not looking correctly, but so far I just saw the Saturn-inspired PowerA Fusion FightPad; it looks great and all, but some reviews mention a (relative) input lag and it's a bit pricey too.
I'd like a simple, light, compact alternative to my Xbox One X controller (not a fan of its D pad) for the 8/16 bit games I'm playing on Retroarch.

Thanks!

Scarf

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else having problems with PS1 games after the latest update? They stopped loading for me all of a sudden. I'm using Beetle PSX core.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Is anyone using any kind of "classic" gamepad on Xbox one? (wired or not)

Perhaps I'm not looking correctly, but so far I just saw the Saturn-inspired PowerA Fusion FightPad; it looks great and all, but some reviews mention a (relative) input lag and it's a bit pricey too.
I'd like a simple, light, compact alternative to my Xbox One X controller (not a fan of its D pad) for the 8/16 bit games I'm playing on Retroarch.

Thanks!
I -hated- the PowerA fightpad. I use a Hori fightpad for Xbox One and it performs wonderfully on Series X. I also use a Hyperkin x91 on my Xbox and/or PC and love it as well.

If not for the DPad I also like the Razer Raion and it works on Xbox One when in PC mode on RetroArch. But I can't recommend it overall because of the DPad and price

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Im considering buying an seagate external HDD from Amazon

Can I put retroarch, the roms and regular xbox games there?

indosmoke

Oct 30, 2017
France
I -hated- the PowerA fightpad. I use a Hori fightpad for Xbox One and it performs wonderfully on Series X. I also use a Hyperkin x91 on my Xbox and/or PC and love it as well.

If not for the DPad I also like the Razer Raion and it works on Xbox One when in PC mode on RetroArch. But I can't recommend it overall because of the DPad and price
Thanks a lot for the reply and recommendations. The Hori fightpad seems nice, I might grab this one.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Im considering buying an seagate external HDD from Amazon

Can I put retroarch, the roms and regular xbox games there?
Retroarch itself is pretty tiny, but I think it'd work for external. As for ROMS, I believe so, yes. You might want to check the Discord, because at one point a certain type of game could only be played Internally, but that probably was fixed at some point?

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So for the life of me I cannot get my guide button to bring up the Retroarch menu. It pulls up the Xbox guide and I have to shut the program down every time I want to change games. Is this a known issue or something only I'm dealing with?

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
So for the life of me I cannot get my guide button to bring up the Retroarch menu. It pulls up the Xbox guide and I have to shut the program down every time I want to change games. Is this a known issue or something only I'm dealing with?

Guide button doesn't bring up the Retroarch menu. You have to go into Retroarch settings and assign a button combo from a list to do so. I use Start+Select, but there are various selections to choose from.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Guide button doesn't bring up the Retroarch menu. You have to go into Retroarch settings and assign a button combo from a list to do so. I use Start+Select, but there are various selections to choose from.
That doesn't work for some reason. I have it set to start + select and nothing happens.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I have been having issues running Dreamcast games. They load and look fine, but the frame rate is in the toilet. Games go from 60fps down to 25 often...and it is a almost all games. I am not sure if there is a setting or something. But what is weird is regardless of resolution, even using the DC original resolution up to 1080p it still slugs in every game. Any advice? Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.