• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I really enjoyed this. It's nice to watch a story about a character who is unrelentingly pleasant and positive without the overall narrative being saccharine.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Yeah this show rules, I'm 7 episodes in and will probably be finishing it this weekend. One thing I really like is how when it looks like it might go down a plotline that makes the show less fun and heartwarming it never really heads down that path; when there's conflict the show makes sure it's still enjoyable to watch. For an example of what I mean (from episode 2 I think):

When Ted and Keeley were photographed eating the hamburger together I was worried that it would set off a frustrating "misunderstanding" storyline that lasts for a couple episodes. Instead that storyline was thankfully resolved immediately instead of derailing the show.

Edit - Episode 8 spoiler:

Might've spoke too soon lol. Still, it's taking a different direction than I thought it would when it first began

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Incredible show. Binged it in two nights. Scratches the same itch that shows like GLOW and Baskets do.

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018
I just want to add that Nate (Nick Mohammad) is the creator/star (along with David Schwimmer) of Peacock's Intelligence, and that show is being criminally ignored.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every time this thread gets bumped it's nice to see new people discovering the show! You're all Diamond Dogs now!

gozu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
America
Man what a great feel-good show. Jason Sudeikis really shines.

I love it and I can recommend it without reservation. Yes, it starts slow, but by the 2nd episode, you ought to be hooked.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I finally had enough of hearing good news about this show and the threat of my wife's Apple+ subscription ending, so I watched the first two episodes. Two days later I had finished the whole show.

Really, really great. Just my kind of humor and sentimentality and drama. Amazing stuff by the whole crew.

When Season 2 comes out, I'll re-subscribe to Apple+ for a month then cancel lol.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My man, you came into the thread being negative and you telling others to be positive? lol

giphy.gif

Deleted member 388

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it was a joke you come into thread trolling and not watching the show. If you don't wanna watch the show go to the movies.
This thread was born of negativity. The OP literally is a guy complaining about the show and then this thread got converted into the OT because in classic Era manner, no one read the first post.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
just gave this a shot recently after a couple of Era recommendations and glad I did.

Well developed and charming show.

Hoping they can keep the feeling going for two more seasons.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I finally had enough of hearing good news about this show and the threat of my wife's Apple+ subscription ending, so I watched the first two episodes. Two days later I had finished the whole show.

Really, really great. Just my kind of humor and sentimentality and drama. Amazing stuff by the whole crew.

When Season 2 comes out, I'll re-subscribe to Apple+ for a month then cancel lol.
So you're only planning on watching half of it? :-P
Watched the first episode and did not do much for me.
Didn't do much for me either. Stick with it.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
This thread was born of negativity. The OP literally is a guy complaining about the show and then this thread got converted into the OT because in classic Era manner, no one read the first post.

Maybe cause he didn't watch the most positive show in the past year. No one reads the first post we all know that. We need a disclaimer to tell us what the thread is about.

Deleted member 388

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's what you sound like right now with the whole, "can't take a joke lol".

No, no. I didn't say you can't take a joke, I said the joke went over your head.

Maybe cause he didn't watch the most positive show in the past year. No one reads the first post we all know that. We need a disclaimer to tell us what the thread is about.
A disclaimer would be nice. Maybe replace one of the ads with a floating popup of the OP.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Just watched the darts scene on Youtube to refresh my memory. God damn that's some great writing/acting/directing. I'll definitely be rewatching the entire thing soon. It better win an award or two.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
No, no. I didn't say you can't take a joke, I said the joke went over your head.

A disclaimer would be nice. Maybe replace one of the ads with a floating popup of the OP.

Yeah think a disclaimer is the best bet honestly. It will give the people intention to watch the show.

If you had a disclaimer on this thread you would have read the disclaimer and watched the show hopefully. It is not like someone been telling you to watch the show since it first aired.

Denghiu

May 24, 2020
Just started this today. Also just finished this today.
What an absolutely great show. I loved every minute of it.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Just watched the first four episodes and really enjoyed them. The show is very uplifting and actually funny and Sudeikis is great. I hope he wins the Golden Globe.

Jersa

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA (USA)
Unexpectedly loved this show -- looking forward to season 2.

I think this and Boys State are the only two things I've watched (?) on Apple TV+ but they've both been great. Any other gems?

Oct 29, 2017
Finished this last night. So so good. Spent the rest of the night and this morning after I woke up watching interviews and such on youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.