• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
User Banned (5 Days): Drive-by derail
Looks like we're done here then.

BRING IN THE DANCING LOBSTERS

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Her proof that she graduated from Antioch is that Seattle University of Law believed her when she told them she graduated from Antioch? That's not proof at all.
You know, you're right. I initially read this as Antioch university providing a transcript of something, but upon re-reading, your summary is correct.

The only evidence Tara has of her graduation is that Seattle U believed her and admitted her, basically. Which... proves nothing, she could just have successfully lied to Seattle U.

She said she was a visiting professor. They said she wasn't but did some administrative work.
Similarly with Joe Biden's office, she said she was a legislative assistant (who helped draft the Violence Against Women Act!) when she was actually a staff assistant.
Yeah. Embellishing your job description is not great, but doing it multiple times, and fabricating stories of "protected programs" that don't exist, and lying under oath, and everything else too... well, shit.

Oct 26, 2017
Depp, Chicago Police (the guy from Empire), this happens constantly here and people catch bans and are labeled as racist, sexist or whatever for simply asking questions in good faith. Questioning someone's credibility does not make you a supporter of sexual harassment. Moderation policy needs to change.
How dare you ask legitimate questions and not blindly join the bandwagon

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017
hmm I don't know. Maybe the above response? You know exactly what is going on here. Don't play dumb. This is a way to discredit her sexual assault claims. Why the fuck would we even be talking about her otherwise?

I dunno, I feel someone lying their way to being a regular expert witness, committing 20 acts of perjury and 20 sexual assault cases being thrown out with prisoners potentially being released because of this would still be threadworthy.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Depp, Chicago Police (the guy from Empire), this happens constantly here and people catch bans and are labeled as racist, sexist or whatever for simply asking questions in good faith. Questioning someone's credibility does not make you a supporter of sexual harassment. Moderation policy needs to change.
This is partially why I have learned to shut my mouth or in this case not type a post on certain topics till more facts come to light.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Whatever comes of it what does this have to do with the accusation against Biden?

Her accusation against Biden has some iffy stuff, she says she was asked to serve drinks but refused and was sidelined from the office but other former staffers say the office didn't have female staffers do that, men did it and weren't told to do campaign events where serving drinks would be most common.

The area she first suggested the incident took place seems to be incorrect or highly risky for a senator to risk in broad daylight.

One staff member says she was fired for job performance related issues, and her paycheck may support it.

In my opinion, this stuff does not directly affect the accusation, and she may have lied but without further accusations from other independent incidents, it's hard to take her word vs Biden when the incident itself seems shaky.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Whatever comes of it what does this have to do with the accusation against Biden?
Well people continue to bring up Biden's invasion of personal space with young girls. What does that have to do with the allegations?

There is no court proceeding here. This was always going to be a case of public opinion and past behavior, like it or not, matters, especially when it's a past behavior of perjury which may lead to actual rapists being freed.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Official transcripts usually have a large footprint at the end of the transcript describing the degrees earned. At least the colleges I have attended did this.

Could've used unofficial ones for clearance if that was an option.

I'm in PA, so obviously could be different in other states.

Yeah, it'll vary a ton by state. In New York, you can be admitted by some schools with unofficial transcripts (no seals, signatures, or anything), but you need an official one before you complete your first term. Some schools prefer not to fuck around with that and just ask for official copies upfront.

Oct 27, 2017
The one thing I can say with surety at this point is that she probably should be communicating only through her lawyer (and maybe an additional lawyer now).

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Why should I believe someone who's lied about their credentials and educational history, committed perjury, engaged in check fraud, lied about the circumstances of her firing, stolen from charity, and deceived countless other people?

At this point, I honestly feel that continuing to believe Reade is doing a disservice to victims.

May 25, 2019
London
This whole progression is why it's so damn important to let the real media vet stories before bandwagoning and drawing conclusions based on questionable sources. The reaction here to the MSM taking time to do real reporting was absolutely embarrassing.

There are plenty of people here who said they knew Biden was guilty and nothing would change their mind short of Reade blatantly saying "I made it up."

Oct 27, 2017
Why shouldn't it? The original pitch for Era was that our community would be more open with moderation.
It's been like this since the very beginning and will likely continue this way. It's just the way this site works. I have zero faith anything will change in this regard, especially given the multiple examples you posted of it happening before. Like many other posters, I've just learned to keep my mouth shut on sensitive topics and mostly lurk threads of this nature.

Piecake

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno, I feel someone lying their way to being a regular expert witness, committing 20 acts of perjury and 20 sexual assault cases being thrown out with prisoners potentially being released because of this would still be threadworthy.

www.resetera.com

French serial-killer expert admits he made up his entire career, including murder of imaginary wife

More at: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/may/13/serial-killer-expert-admits-serial-lies-stephane-bourgoin Expose if old

We have proof!

SJurgenson

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
hmm I don't know. Maybe the above response? You know exactly what is going on here. Don't play dumb. This is a way to discredit her sexual assault claims. Why the fuck would we even be talking about her otherwise?

If she really did lie in the magnitude shown here -- about a degree she never got, which allowed her to give expert testimony -- then her credibility is gone, as is the credit to the sexual assault claim.

Anyone who claims to have been accosted, assaulted, harassed, abused, or otherwise attacked should be believed -- in so far as the evidence and their credibility allows.

Without any direct corroborating evidence of her claims, all we have are that -- her claims, either directly in public, or through friends and family members. With no credibility, I don't see how anyone should take her claims seriously -- without direct evidence that corroborates them, which we don't have.

I hope people don't use this as an excuse to malign those who make such claims unfairly -- but her case looks dead in the water to me.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's been like this since the very beginning and will likely continue this way. It's just the way this site works. I have zero faith anything will change in this regard, especially given the multiple examples you posted of it happening before. Like many other posters, I've just learned to keep my mouth shut on sensitive topics and mostly lurk threads of this nature.

I get your point, but the moderators work for the community, which is us. There is no Era without us. If we push for better moderation then it will happen.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I missed what happened but is this what led to the exodus from PoliEra?

It seemed that anybody that refused to brandish Joe Biden as a convicted rapist or were hesitant to believe every aspect of Ms. Reade's allegations was set upon pretty fiercely.

I've stayed pretty silent on this, but I just couldn't keep my composure in those other threads on the subject. I've had a number of black friends and family members who were wrongly accused of rape by white women yet spent time in jail for it anyway. Hell, I've even been part of an unfortunate case where a drunk young lady thought it would be funny to accuse a guy of raping her at a convention I worked security for.

As has been said numerous times in this thread and a few others, it is just as important to believe accusers and give them support as it is to make sure we don't automatically assume guilt to the accused.

May 25, 2019
London
I get your point, but the moderators work for the community, which is us. There is no Era without us. If we push for better moderation then it will happen.

Complaining about moderation is also a bannable offense.

I haven't posted in threads about this issue until now because I know my skepticism about her claim most likely would've resulted in some kind of report and subsequent moderation. That's why the echo chamber tumbled along uninterrupted.

Jagernaut

Oct 27, 2017
Nathan Robinson of Current Affairs who has been pushing the Tara Reade story has deleted all of his tweets about her.

Edit. I'm wrong on this, his tweets are still searchable on google but it looks like all of his tweets are deleted after a week so it has nothing to do with Tara Reade. I've never seen that before so I did not catch it. Sorry.

Last edited:

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't matter. Biden didn't even need this claim to be a piece of shit. His record on governing was already disgusting. He was already an absurd choice and now we have this. One of the most insane things to try and defend. Amazing.
If you want to try to convince people not to vote for Biden on account of his political record, then just do that; no need to keep trying to browbeat people into not supporting Biden over an unsubstantiated rape accusation.

Frunkle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hmm I don't know. Maybe the above response? You know exactly what is going on here. Don't play dumb. This is a way to discredit her sexual assault claims. Why the fuck would we even be talking about her otherwise? You were all looking for any reason you could find. Even the ones that turned out to be bullshit. Maybe this one will, maybe it won't. It doesn't matter. Biden didn't even need this claim to be a piece of shit. His record on governing was already disgusting. He was already an absurd choice and now we have this. One of the most insane things to try and defend. Amazing.
You're the person trying to defend someone that could have sent innocent people to prison, mate.

Reflect on that.

Stanng243

Oct 25, 2017
hmm I don't know. Maybe the above response? You know exactly what is going on here. Don't play dumb. This is a way to discredit her sexual assault claims. Why the fuck would we even be talking about her otherwise? You were all looking for any reason you could find. Even the ones that turned out to be bullshit. Maybe this one will, maybe it won't. It doesn't matter. Biden didn't even need this claim to be a piece of shit. His record on governing was already disgusting. He was already an absurd choice and now we have this. One of the most insane things to try and defend. Amazing.
Are you saying that finding out she's guilty of multiple counts of perjury and may upend verdicts shouldn't be talked about?

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Complaining about moderation is also a bannable offense.

I haven't posted in threads about this issue until now because I know my skepticism about her claim most likely would've resulted in some kind of report and subsequent moderation. That's why the echo chamber tumbled along uninterrupted.
Yes - and the worst part is there were some CRAZY anti-Biden threads which centered solely around him being guilty of this that several of those same bans happened in. And those threads were allowed to propagate and multiply and snake their way into other poli-threads. I know it's off-topic but it just had to be said.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
For the record, investigative journalists uncovering relevant information is not gaslighting. It's the opposite of gaslighting.

RussTC3

Banned
Nov 28, 2018
Oof to this entire situation.

I mean good luck. I emailed 3 times to get some sort of response after I was banned. Zilch. You have to be careful of what you say in sensitive topics. Just a straight 1 month ban after never getting anything. I don't think there's anything you can do.

Last edited:

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
I have to admit I'm legitimately confused by this story and will have to do more reading on it, since it seems like we keep getting contradictory updates. But hopefully it doesn't cause any problems in the justice system.

To be fair, the middle initial stands for Joker.

there's not really any contradictory information (aside from Reade's claims that it was secret). NYT and CNN in agreement with NYT reaching out about Ms Murdoch.

Piecake

Oct 27, 2017
what were the tweets about?

im not familiar with his work

I believe one of the tweets that was really questionable was where he essentially admitted to coaching Tara Reade's brother. The Washington Post contacted the brother and the brother did not mention the assault. Nathan J Robinson contacts the brother and talks about the assault and 2 days later the brother contacts the Washington Post and tells them he remembers Tara telling him about the assult.

That's going from memory so that could be off.

SJurgenson

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Let's not get off-topic here about moderation and such.

With Antioch telling both CNN and NYT that she never graduated, I imagine the next thing we'd hear about this is some sort of court proceeding. Right now, there are a likely a bunch of requests for records from Antioch currently being typed up by defense attorneys and law clerks.

With the legal angle involved here, this is going to unravel at lightspeed.

Sep 14, 2019
Pretty much where I'm at with these kinds of stories as well.

Oh man...

As a victim of sexual assault, I really feel an obligation to be supportive, even if I'd prefer to take things slow.

.... Though with how touchy Biden is, I guess it did seem believable to me...

But after more info on Reade kept being uncovered, I really wanted to take things slow.

Maybe something did happen.

But this might be a situation of "boy who cried wolf." Because of all of her lying, the time she did tell the truth won't be believed.