• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

What a fucking farce

Just don't do it if you're basically gonna also go but we must respect the beliefs of our plsyers who think gay is anti Jesus and should be discouraged

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FUf17eRWAAAXNHl

đź–•

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, surprised that they mentioned that sex outside of marriage is a sin.

On the other hand, where's their statement criticizing that lifestyle in others?

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I guess they conveniently skipped the part of the bible that says hate the sin, but love the sinner. You never let pro athletes opt out of stuff like this because they'll politely say that they don't want queer people around because their version of God says it's wrong.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Lifestyle choice? What? Do these guys think people just wake up and decide to be part of the LGBQ community or something?

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus didn't say anything about abstaining from supporting your gay neighbors, good fucking god so many evangelical conservative Christians love to say dumb shit they don't know

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
By exposing the bigots? Yay I guess?

"We celebrate pride and reveal to you which piece of sh!t players you should not root for or buy jerseys of. In fact we are trading them all away this week.*"

*ok that last part won't happen...sigh

tormented

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
As a Rays fan, I wasn't even mildly surprised to see Raley and Thompson were part of this group. Raley literally owns a custom rifle shop and Thompson is a huge MAGA/Stop the Steal guy. They would probably be the most unlikable players on the team if not for Taylor Walls (who definitely would've peeled the sticker off if he played yesterday).

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Looking at the picture of them from that tweet, I'm not surprised in the least that those chuds did this. Fuck them.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Why would Jesus care who someone loves? I'm so loss at their reasoning. Just admit that you hate people different from you and call it a day.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I guess they conveniently skipped the part of the bible that says hate the sin, but love the sinner. You never let pro athletes opt out of stuff like this because they'll politely say that they don't want queer people around because their version of God says it's wrong.

To be clear it isn't a sin. It's all a bunch of bullshit based on biased interpretations of a very old text.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
those players that didn't wear them are fucking dumb. like nobody is gonna say anything to them if they just wore them. are they afraid they are gonna catch the "gay" if they wear them? now they made themselves targets. oh well better to know who is a piece of shit and not deserving of being supported.

Slythe

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus would deny these hypocrites to their face and then go have dinner with a bunch of gay friends.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
those players that didn't wear them are fucking dumb. like nobody is gonna say anything to them if they just wore them. are they afraid they are gonna catch the "gay" if they wear them? now they made themselves targets. oh well better to know who is a piece of shit and not deserving of being supported.

Yeah I disagree because this is unchallenged homophia printed in the newspaper as a form of valid communication

vodalus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CT
It's absolutely disgusting on the players but I'm also not sure what MLB expected. Your employer shouldn't compel speech, either.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
As a Rays fan this disappoints me and fuck DeSantis for punishing people for addressing gun violence.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
By exposing the bigots? Yay I guess?

"We celebrate pride and reveal to you which piece of sh!t players you should not root for or buy jerseys of. In fact we are trading them all away this week.*"

*ok that last part won't happen...sigh
Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but I'm gonna guess that merch sales would go up for the individuals who "took a stand." Florida? Sports? Yeah, I'm guessing the shitheads are rather prominent in that crowd.

Especially since on big teams, anything you can do to stand out has to help, yeah? And it's not like people can buy downvotes or some equivalent.

Savinowned

Oct 25, 2017
Nashville, TN
A problem some of my Muslim friends have mentioned to me with wearing Pride apparel is their tension between loving and accepting their queer friends despite believing that it is sinful in their respective Muslim ummah.

I'm a Christian and I don't have a huge issue with wearing pride gear but that's because I see it more as demonstrating solidarity with so many abused in the queer community.